This thread is privately moderated by dvk44039, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Feb 02, 2019, 06:45 PM
Thread OP
Alert

2019 Glider Games

The North Coast Soaring Association proudly presents the 7th annual
North Coast Glider Games 2019 edition.
May 2, 3, 4, and 5, 2019
For more info check the Web site
slopeslayer.com
or email
[email protected]
to remove ads between posts
Feb 02, 2019, 07:24 PM
Held by Grace

Ncgg

wont be long

http://www.slopeslayer.com/wordpress/?page_id=332
Feb 06, 2019, 07:29 PM
Held by Grace

Cleveland slope

Here is a video from last fall at CityVeiw "The Big Hill "
Slope Soaring at Valley View Aug 18, 2018 (2 min 46 sec)

just to get our thoughts off snow and ice
Apr 04, 2019, 10:50 AM

Glider games

W ho is coming can't we get a count who else
Pat from ny
Mike from ny
Last edited by bipe22; Apr 06, 2019 at 11:48 AM. Reason: change words
Apr 07, 2019, 07:03 AM
Thread OP
check this out guys Art made a video of our last indoor session
Wingola Madness!!! (3 min 48 sec)

don
Apr 23, 2019, 10:28 AM

Glider Games 9 days away and counting

So looking forward to another edition of the glider games. P-51 , A-10, F-1 and comobat wings all charged and ready to go. oh boy oh boy oh boy
Apr 24, 2019, 10:39 AM
JimN8UAY
Reborn Samurai, Navy T-45 Goshawk, ASW 27 and various foamies and wings all ready to go!! Let's hope the winds blow!
Apr 28, 2019, 03:09 PM
What is the location of Saturdays flying?
Apr 28, 2019, 08:02 PM
JimN8UAY
Hey Steve!
Right now, the weather is going to factor where we fly.
Thursday looks promising SSW for City View, Friday NNW light winds, most likely Perry with Sat and Sun kind of a crapshoot for direction and wind speed. I need to check with the powers that be for a flatland flying location if that transpires due to no or light winds. Keep in mind we are a few days away and the forecast can change pretty quickly along the lake. Fingers crossed it picks up! Typical spring in NE Ohio! Morning feels like winter, late morning, springtime...afternoon can feel like summer and evenings like fall. Who knows what we'll get, stay tuned!

Jim
Apr 29, 2019, 06:26 AM
Thanks Jim!
Apr 30, 2019, 09:09 AM
The Weather Forecast as of Monday night:

Wednesday, May 1 at 12pm (City View) nice wind, warm
Temperature: 72 F Slope Wind: SW18-22mph
Sky Cover (%): 80% Precipitation Potential (%): 37%

Thursday, May 2 at 1pm (City View) light wind, warm, electric planes
Temperature: 70 F Slope Wind: SW3-5mph
Sky Cover (%): 83% Precipitation Potential (%): 55%

Friday, May 3 at 12pm (Perry Slope), then indoor flying at blossom 6:00-10:00pm
Temperature: 51 F Slope Wind: WNW 9-12mph
Sky Cover (%): 76%
Rain: Chance (30%-50%)

Saturday, May 4 at 12pm (Edgewater Park Slope), then dinner at the tavern 7:15pm
Temperature: 52 F Slope Wind: NE 6-8mph
Sky Cover (%): 57%
Rain: <10%

Sunday? and Saturday? Could start at City View with electrics/winch and then we move to a lake slope if we get good lake effect wind: which depends on the temperature differential and power of the sun.
May 04, 2019, 06:33 AM
?????????, not sure what direction to go! I may just wander to city view to check it out as I've never been there. Not a great looking Saturday.
May 06, 2019, 01:35 PM
JimN8UAY
Glider Games...interesting weekend with weather that made it a bit challenging, to say the least!

Thursday flying was, supposedly, pretty good but I missed due to work so I don't have an accurate report.

Friday, pretty much a washout for outdoor flying so Don had us over to his shop for a couple of hours of hangar flying and lies until the indoor event. Friday evening at Brecksville provided fun and frolic for a bunch of old guys chasing around various indoor flyers and drones. Videos shot and I'm sure we'll have some posts later. Good times!

Saturday, low-level fog at Edgewater burned off to a 500 ft ceiling which kept the winds a bit low, but we still had a good bit of flying for lightweight slopers and DLGs. The clouds kept rolling in which made visibility a bit of an issue at times. The drizzle came and went, which surprisingly still accompanied some light lift, and we continued flying until it intensified, ending the festivities for the day. Dinner at Tinkers Creek followed flying with great food and a nice atmosphere of fun and fellowship, with a few snide comments tossed about, too. Overall, another fun day.

Sunday, after group breakfast (which every day was the norm and found us at all the regular spots, Bob Evans, Dennys, etc) and much discussion on where the 6-8mph wind was best (Edgewater?, Perry?) we headed to Edgewater to test the winds! Not much but enough to keep some light air ships flying and as the morning fog burned off to nice, blue skies, the wind along with it, subsided. Even the hang glider guys called it early. We still got a bit of flying in with the ultra light stuff and DLGs, but the cool breeze off the lake gave way to the sunshine warming the air and ended our day. After perching my Blaster in the top of the tallest tree overhanging the lake, we retired to the warmth of a local pub and sampled ribs and a few beverages. Arrangements for an extraction attempt of said Blaster were discussed.

All in all, not a bad weekend of flying. Unfortunately, the lack of winds kept many at home, but we still had a nice turnout and enjoyed the 2019 edition of the NCGG, North Coast Glider Games!

Jim C
May 08, 2019, 06:38 PM
JimN8UAY
...just a shot from Sunday's games (before I decided to leave my Blaster in the trees overlooking the lake!) Credit to my brother Jeff for the pic!

Fun times!
May 12, 2019, 05:25 AM
Thread OP

2019 Glider Games

Fellow Pilots
Some highlight photos from the weekend Mother nature didn't provide us with optimum conditions we did have some flyable winds Thursday, Saturday and Sunday. Missed all that the light winds and rain/fog kept away.
don

Quick Reply