This thread is privately moderated by MIKEYOUR, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Feb 02, 2019, 10:02 AM
"Thats right Iceman"
Thread OP
Announce

Rumor has it mile square park may be an option again?

i heard the city is surveying the public for use of large section of the golf course
i understand they will be removing a large section of the golf course now and are asking for ideas from the public maybe we can start a petition to re open the field?

Please take our survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/FC3WJF7

http://www.ocparks.com/parks/mile/expansion
Last edited by MIKEYOUR; Feb 02, 2019 at 11:26 AM.
Feb 02, 2019, 10:11 AM
Hey Ya, Mike...
I never get up your way but I'll sign...
Anything to help out fellow modelers.
Cheers!
Richard

ps...thanks again for the deal on the Radian...she flys great!
Feb 02, 2019, 10:14 AM
"Thats right Iceman"
Thread OP
awesome glad to hear that and thanks for the support i never flew at mile square park back in the day but heard it was the best field for a long while. i wonder if the city would even consider it with the inherent risks of model airplanes?
Latest blog entry: the essence of rc
Feb 02, 2019, 10:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEYOUR
awesome glad to hear that and thanks for the support i never flew at mile square park back in the day but heard it was the best field for a long while. i wonder if the city would even consider it with the inherent risks of model airplanes?
Inquiries are free...worst that can happen is they say "no"...
rm
Feb 02, 2019, 10:27 AM
Bellanca Kruesair
Quote:
Asking isn't painful. Inform the AMA -they may have a package to get someone started in the area... Cities like the Government Subsidies, for the extra money allocated to Public Programs...Even if it's 'Electric and Gliders only' It's worth looking into.. 'First interest' usually benefits best.
Latest blog entry: Ban Birds.
Feb 02, 2019, 11:07 AM
"Thats right Iceman"
Thread OP
Thanks earl good call there
Feb 02, 2019, 11:16 AM
Grew up flying at mile square park in the 90’s Awesome place to fly. Was there up until the kicked us out to build the 3rd golf course.
Feb 02, 2019, 11:43 AM
In charge of laundry & morale
Quote:
Originally Posted by epoxyearl
Asking isn't painful. Inform the AMA -they may have a package to get someone started in the area... Cities like the Government Subsidies, for the extra money allocated to Public Programs...Even if it's 'Electric and Gliders only' It's worth looking into.. 'First interest' usually benefits best.
+1 on that Earl. The AMA has an Excellent flying site assistance program.
Feb 02, 2019, 12:36 PM
Build a scale plane already!!!
Sounds ridiculous they would take out a golf course (which makes money,, the reason they put it in) to add back anything that doesn't make the city money,

I flew there a few times myself over the years,, I wouldn't hold my breath,, likely it's just that,, a rumor
Feb 02, 2019, 12:45 PM
"Thats right Iceman"
Thread OP
i agree but to the starving man even a crumb is a glimmer of hope
Feb 02, 2019, 12:50 PM
Where do you guy fly out there these days,, Is there a public area in the OC now,, or just the private club fields?
Feb 02, 2019, 12:58 PM
AMA 8855
Quote:
i agree but to the starving man even a crumb is a glimmer of hope
Id be happy to sign the petition. I flew there a couple of times and thought it was pretty terrific. . If we ask and are turned down, At least the seeds have been sown for future consideration.
TJE
AMA8855
Latest blog entry: Greyhound Express
Feb 02, 2019, 02:00 PM
"Thats right Iceman"
Thread OP
for nitro or gas theres 2 private clubs 100$ per year and 250$ per year after the first year of 350$ but other than that its a 90 minute drive to La in good traffic
theres a couple electric fields one is free with short runway its more of a glider spot the other is 60$ per year on an un-maintained dirt strip that will tear up your landing gear
the nearest hobby store is also 90 minutes away with light traffic
Last edited by MIKEYOUR; Feb 02, 2019 at 02:15 PM.
Feb 02, 2019, 02:08 PM
Yikes,,, more reasons not to move back
Feb 02, 2019, 02:16 PM
"Thats right Iceman"
Thread OP
orange county isnt such a great spot for flying its overpopulated already and getting worse

Quick Reply