This thread is privately moderated by Mad_angler1, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Feb 02, 2019, 07:47 AM
Bog Flusher Platinum Grade
Thread OP
Mini-Review

Yuneec H Plus Overview and Review

The Yuneec H Plus

Over the last few weeks I was given the opportunity to spend some time with the Yuneec H Plus, in the two videos I go over the spec ands main features as well at the end if part 2 given you some of my thoughts on it.

There are also some pics attached of the craft its self.

Yuneec say

Meet the second generation of Typhoon H - a hexacopter even more powerful than before. Creatives will benefit from a new one-inch sensor camera capable of 4K/60fps video and 20-megapixel stills. An all-new, larger, quieter six-rotor airframe provides stability in winds in excess of 30mph. Other drones force you to choose between image quality or flight stability, but the Typhoon H Plus gives you both.

Key Features of the H Plus is:

C23 1" sensor camera that can capture up to 20 MP Photos and 4K Video @ 60 FPS
100Mbps H264 ans H265 HECV Recording
New flight controller based on PX4 with integrated backup and failsafe
Optimised design for improved airflow and cooling
Specially shielded key components for increased reliability
Equipped with flight modes including Follow Me, Point of Interest and Curve Cable Cam
ST16 Ground Station with Android Device builtin.

Included In the package In the kit UK kit is

Typhoon H Plus Craft

C23 1 camera with Gimbal and gimbal protection

ST16S Ground Station

2 HV LiPo flight batteries (4S 5250mAh LiPo 79.8Wh)

Flight battery LiPo charger

Power cord and car adapter

6 rotor blades and 4 spares

Sun shade for ST16S

Neck strap for ST16S

6 GB Class 10 Micro SD Card (up to 4K @ 30fps)

Part 1 Craft overview and ST16

The Yuneec Typhoon H Plus Complete Overview & Review Part 1- Craft & ST16 Spec (20 min 26 sec)

Part 2 ST16 Software Camera control and Thoughts on the craft.

The Yuneec Typhoon H Plus Complete Overview & Review Part 2 - ST16 & Should You Buy ? (24 min 22 sec)

Part 3 Inflight as some footage.

The Yuneec Typhoon H Plus Overview & Review Part 3 - In Flight & Camera Controls (6 min 49 sec)

My Thoughts

I think the Yuneec H Plus is a very nice craft and there us a lot to like about his bird, I have always loved the baby hex format and the H does not disappoint in that, the folding frame makes it both compact easy to carry. In flight its stable and very easy to use and its surprisingly fast in sport mode. Angle mode is very smooth and easy to use with the ability to tame back the rates is very handy and helps with getting the very best from the camera.

The model I had to test is the basic one with ultra sonic Object avoidance and no VPS, stability is good and the OA works OK but its not something I would rely upon with out the Realsense option.

ST16

This actually won me over a lot with the craft, it is big but its not heavy. What I really like is the level of gimbal control, the gimbal wheel is probably the best I have used on any craft and gives a lot of fine control over pitch, you also have the rotary Yaw control too, what I really liked was ability to switch the gimbal controls from knob position to rate control.

The App woks well and have all the features you would expect, the only thing I think needs work is the Histogram, its all but useless from my tests, this needs some work but other than that it was all good.

C23 Camera

This is a good camera and it easy up there with all of the other 1 Inch models out there, it ticks a lot of boxes with 100Mbps, H265 and 360 limitless rotation, that coupled with the controls on the ST16, its also got some decent low light performance too.

Overall there really is a lot to like with the H Plus with the ST16 and C23 Camera, whilst it does not have all the bels and whistles of other models what it does have it does very well.

I will be posting some more on this over the coming weeks but overall if your looking for something thats not a P4 or Inspire 2 then this is well worth a look.

The H Plus is available for 1549 from
http://yuneec.uk
Last edited by Mad_angler1; Feb 08, 2019 at 07:07 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 03, 2019, 01:19 AM
Team Futaba
FWIW Yuneec has released an update to build 809 which adds a digital zoom to the camera.
1X-2X-4X-8X zoom levels.

Also, despite being able to access the Android "tablet" it is not suggested to download any other apps. People that have done so have had poor results that can adversely effect the operation of the unit.

But overall the H+ is a real winner, especially for the price.
Feb 05, 2019, 05:55 PM
DWA
DWA
1Corinthians 13:1-8
Looks great! I like the speed slider on the back of the tx, among other things.

Looking forward to see flight video, and in flight pics, vid.

Dave
Feb 08, 2019, 07:05 PM
Bog Flusher Platinum Grade
Thread OP
Here is Part 3 of the video as well as one of the Pano shots from this craft, Weather has been battling me badly as has a few other things so not been able to get out as much as I would have wanted but more to come soon

The Yuneec Typhoon H Plus Overview & Review Part 3 - In Flight & Camera Controls (6 min 49 sec)
Latest blog entry: The New DJI Digital FPV System

Quick Reply