Feb 02, 2019, 12:10 AM
Thread OP
New Product

Danchee Ridgerock 4WD 4WS, by RedCat Racing

Redcat Racing in late 2018 released a budget entry crawler. Low Price Point yet FULL of features.

As of Feb 2019, these are going for $90-130 on Ebay or BG or GB or such.

TWO crawlers for $180? I'm all in, and have zero regrets.

I bought 3 for PNW use, sent 2 to Arizona, and love Ridgerocks so much, just bought another 2 for gifts.

This will be a Mini Review of lessons learned from a couple months use/abuse.

Broken parts so far, Over extended shocks during death rolls down cliffs. Upper Shaft Body is easily broken. ALSO easily replaced with longer travel alum body shocks. I think stock was 105mm, I added 115mm stroke. Filled with my own oil blend.

On that , or other death rolls, I broke the upper rear shock mount / body frame. Seems sorta thin to me, so I used zip ties and carbon rod from a kite, and CA glue.

I've pulled the foam out of the True Beadlock tires. An allen head chucked up in a small cordless drill works great. MUCH better flex for conforming to terrain.

Also tried and really liked, some wider and shorter profile tires from a ZD racing truck.

All axles and suspension is interchangeable from front to rear. All Assementrical.

Battery Cage Area is Huge. Stock battery is good for an honest half hour.

Roll Cage is fully functional. Very stout. Body clips sort of a PITA. I put dab of superglue to hold foam washer in place.

Strong servos. While all nylon running gear and suspension parts, This is engineered to a high degree.

I love the 4 modes of steering (look at radio photo)

1) front steer only.
2) pivot steer in opposite direction
3) crab steer, all four wheels pointed in same direction.
4) rear wheel steering only.

Steering is VERY FUNCTIONAL in all modes. All control rods and tie-bars give very little flex although they're nylon. Rare to stall the servo unless a wheel is really jammed against something.

I want to wrap all servo wires running down trailing arms in electrical tape to protect em. Wheel hubs and axle pins are brittle. I'll replace with Alum Hex Hubs.

Really, out of the box, this is an exceptional performer. For under $100, wellllllll I've bought 7 of them.

cheaper to buy a whole spare rig just for parts. serious.

I'm glad to help answer any questions. lemme know.
Last edited by Windy Heap; Feb 02, 2019 at 12:16 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 02, 2019, 11:28 AM
Thread OP
Ridgerock Full Owners Manual and Parts List on Redcatracing website.

Note the title of the manual Ridgerock_BG_manual.pdf Made specially for Banggood?

http://www.redcatracing.com/manuals/..._BG_MANUAL.pdf

Full Parts List

http://www.redcatracing.com/Advanced...t#cv=RIDGEROCK
Mar 04, 2019, 12:50 PM
Thread OP
Tuning suspension with alloy Axiall shocks.

zip tied and Added a 3 ounce oval fishing weight to both front and rear steering control rod. helps traction immensely.
Mar 09, 2019, 09:27 PM
Very nice looking truck! Especially for the price. Do you have any videos of it??
Mar 10, 2019, 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windy Heap
Ridgerock Full Owners Manual and Parts List on Redcatracing website.

Note the title of the manual Ridgerock_BG_manual.pdf Made specially for Banggood?

http://www.redcatracing.com/manuals/..._BG_MANUAL.pdf

Full Parts List

http://www.redcatracing.com/Advanced...t#cv=RIDGEROCK
Hey there, love your post on the Ridgerock!

I have 2 on order and was wondering if you knew of any spur gear upgrades and if you can waterproof this rig? I noticed there is a plastic replacement gear set available through Redcat but I have scoured the internet and haven't been able to find any aftermarket/upgraded style/different tooth versions. Also it doesn't say anywhere if this is waterproof so i'm guessing it isnt and would like to know your thoughts on waterproofing the ESC/Receiver, axles, and other electronics?

Thank You
Mar 11, 2019, 10:58 PM
Thread OP
esc is bare exposed, zero case, lid.

so don't be a submarine captain.

gearing is a perfect crawler, at full throttle its maybe a medium walking pace.
Mar 20, 2019, 10:13 PM
Does it use an all-in-one ESC/receiver unit or separate?? If separate you could easily drop in a $20 waterproof ESC and $15 waterproof servo and go through water, as long as the receiver is mounted high and kept dry.
Apr 29, 2019, 12:09 AM
Thread OP
crazy fun.

full 90 degree articulation twisting both axles in opposite .

Just to show my faith in this model , I've shipped over dozen to friends around the world

support your sponsors.............$189 for two of these shippee. damncheapfun
Apr 29, 2019, 12:22 AM
Thread OP
joy of 5 acres, and oldddddd growth trees.

3D elevation Crawling...............

trees are over 5 foot diameter note scale of the common 6 ft step later..

I've counted 135 rings per inch on these oldddddddddd trees

here is my 3D track 7-8 foot off the ground and lotttttttttttts ofchallenges.

Anyone Everett, snohomish, Monroe , Sultan or Goldbar is invited to come play, anad help on the trackbuild.

Danger Dave
May 06, 2019, 01:21 AM
Wow! That is a super awesome course!
May 06, 2019, 07:53 PM
Thread OP
ELEVATED, is an understatement.
May 07, 2019, 05:55 PM
What's the better value, the RedCat Danchee or the RedCat Everest 10?
Jun 22, 2019, 10:55 PM
Thread OP
buy both.

Quick Reply