This thread is privately moderated by Miami Mike, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Feb 01, 2019, 10:10 PM
e^(iπ) + 1 = 0
Thread OP
Mini-HowTo

Wiring a Castle ESC & CAM Limiter

I like the Castle Creations Phoenix Edge ESC's auxiliary input with the white wire. For my ALES sailplanes I programmed mine in the RX ARM LOCK mode so that Channel 8 on my receiver operates the motor safety lockout. It plays a little tune through the motor when I arm it and a different tune when I disarm it.

I also have ALES CAM limiters installed, which I leave active at all times, even for practicing and sport flying. Since the recommended CAM Limiter hookup routes the entire plane's electrical power through the limiter, its cables, and connectors, which is an arrangement that I don't like, I instead swapped the orange and white wires on my ESC so that the orange throttle signal wire is alone on one plug and the white aux wire, red (+) wire, and brown (-) wire are together on the other plug.

In other words, I changed this:

to this:

That way, BEC power from the ESC goes straight to my receiver and is distributed from there to the servos and CAM Limiter.

Last edited by Miami Mike; Sep 01, 2019 at 09:30 AM.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply