Feb 01, 2019, 06:43 PM
Do a Barrel Roll!
Thread OP
Discussion

Valuehobby Condor X75 31in Twin Boom Pusher

Anyone have any experience with this model?

I always wanted a twin boom go fast pusher and this may be it.

http://www.valuehobby.com/airplanes/...r-x75-kit.html

Kinda funny how Valuehobby admits the hardware may not be up to par though, lol
to remove ads between posts
Feb 01, 2019, 11:38 PM
Sounds to me like they are saying, if you have a problem with the hardware, you're on your own.

For about 6 years, I bought a lot from Value Hobby & recommended Gforce batteries to everybody.
A few months ago, I had a problem with a brand new Gforce 5S 3700mah battery & they wouldn't take care of it.
Customer service is terrible, so I will never buy from Value Hobby again.
Feb 08, 2019, 02:43 PM
LUFTGUCKER
Agree,good prices but THEY HANG UP on you if you have a problem with their item's!
Feb 10, 2019, 01:02 PM
RcAddict from Missouri

Value Hobbies latest kits less than good

I have been looking at this Twin Boom plane as well but I probably won't buy it.

I recently purchased a 44in Transall C-160 Kit from them and in the description it says:
"requires substantial previous RC and assembly experience".

So they warn you, but, you don't really know that this means that the instruction sheet
is more of a page of comics - not the fun funny kind - and you will have to extensively modify the
model if you ever want to fly it - the instruction sheet doesn't mention battery placement as
there isn't any place supplied to put the battery.

The 31in Condor X75 Kit pictures don't show any battery hatch either so be prepared to make your own as well as
replace the hardware.

So what you are getting is a basic air-frame and as long as you understand this you won't be disappointed.

As for Value Hobby's customer service, yes it sucks, but they aren't any different than the customer service you get from Banggood or some Chinese supplier that makes you wait 3+ weeks for your stuff. And while they sell much of the same stuff as the BG they are a USA company(I think) and ship from the USA.

So while I don't like buying from them, I still do a bit as I prefer to buy as much "American" as I can. Besides, some of their stuff is not available anywhere else close and some of the planes I have purchased from them I still fly.
Feb 10, 2019, 03:46 PM

Customer service

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotsasteam
Agree,good prices but THEY HANG UP on you if you have a problem with their item's!
I had a damaged box arrive with missing parts, called them up and they sent out replacements no questions asked.

Their cheap little profile planes are fun to fly but do need some mods.
Feb 10, 2019, 10:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missiletm
I had a damaged box arrive with missing parts, called them up and they sent out replacements no questions asked.

Their cheap little profile planes are fun to fly but do need some mods.
That must've been quite some time ago, since they haven't taken support phone calls for some time.
It's all done by starting an online RMA ticket & they reply thru that.
A long time ago, you could actually speak to a person & I did that once.

They only posted a reply one time about the battery problem.
Told me I was being too picky & no replay after that.
Pretty sure that a LIPO weighing 1.5 ounces less than advertised, not as tall as the last one I got from them & gets less run time isn't being picky.
I'm almost positive that LIPO was miss labeled as a 3700 mah, since it had the weight & measurements of a 3300.
After their crap reply, I replied that they just lost a 6 plus year good customer & that I would never buy anything from them again (still have 45 Gforce batteries)
Also promised I would spread the word about the terrible support.
I'm keeping that promise both here & at our large, 250 member club.
Feb 10, 2019, 11:29 PM
Going back to balsa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clive66
I'm almost positive that LIPO was miss labeled as a 3700 mah, since it had the weight & measurements of a 3300.
After their crap reply, I replied that they just lost a 6 plus year good customer & that I would never buy anything from them again.
irony - a literary technique, originally used in Greek tragedy, by which the full significance of a character's words or actions are clear to the audience or reader although unknown to the character.
Feb 11, 2019, 01:04 PM
Do a Barrel Roll!
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbommy88
I have been looking at this Twin Boom plane as well but I probably won't buy it.

The 31in Condor X75 Kit pictures don't show any battery hatch either so be prepared to make your own as well as
replace the hardware.
The canopy appears to be the battery hatch in the disassembled picture? Or do you mean the physical latch?
In the picture that shows the front gear steering mount you can see half of the area where the battery sits.

Hardware is no issue for me. I have a lifetime supply of zip control horns and can Z-bend control wire pretty good.

I've bought from Value Hobby before and was satisfied. Was hoping for this thread to be about the airplane, not the company....
Apr 14, 2019, 07:21 PM
Out Standing In The Field
I just discovered this one, and was likewise interested.

Here it is for $34 + $39 Slowboat Shipping from Aliexpress:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/EPO-...239646619.html

There's some better pictures. It looks interesting to me too.
Says the maker is "CNHOBBY". Ring any bells for anyone?

Depending on the battery compartment size, a 64mm EDF looks like it might work on the back.
At any rate, it looks like the 6" prop would clear the ground with the trike gear removed (I'd ditch the gear, myself).

I found this video from 2011, when it had NiCads & a brushed motor, so it's not new.
So long ago, that Nitroplanes actually sold planes!!
New SD Model 3Ch Condor RC Jet Review (6 min 58 sec)

And an upgrade to Lipo & brushless (much better, but underpropped):
Upgraded Condor w/ Brushless system and Sky Lipo (8 min 50 sec)

One more - probably this plane with a paint job, but with a 2200+ KV motor this one scoots along pretty quick (and gets noisy):
jetcat x-75 inverted flight (7 min 51 sec)
Last edited by RexGalore; Apr 14, 2019 at 08:09 PM.
Aug 22, 2019, 09:32 AM
Anyone have the CG for this..

Quick Reply