This thread is privately moderated by Micubano, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Feb 01, 2019, 12:43 PM
Too many? No such thing.
Thread OP
Discussion

PA Extra 260 Nearing Completion

The pull-pull system, motor, air scoops, and ESC are run. All I have left are the wing bolts, cowl/prop/spinner, and the Aura 8/SR8010T combo. I looked at so many pictures for the pull-pull system for the holes. The hole in the rudder was the worst to find because it was under the solid black covering. Putting a light behind it would not help, but I could feel it. I kept running my finger over one side until the square was pronounced on the covering and then cut through it. Both ropes are clamped tight, centered, and give the same pitch guitar string like twang when I pluck them.

I took my time cutting through all the holes that were covered by the fiberglass on the motor box and the air scoops. Everything was flat and debris free in the motor box when I mounted the motor. The air scoops are aligned almost perfectly symmetrical. If they are off, I can't tell.

The one thing I noticed is how many different adhesives I used in this project. Thin CA (balsa screw holes), Thick CA (air scoops), 5-minute epoxy (hinges and other things), and 30-minute epoxy (I forget, but it was something that needed to be strong). 5-Minute Epoxy was definitely used the most.

Maybe this weekend I will actually finish the build and get the electronics set and tested.
Latest blog entry: Extreme Flight 78" Extra
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply