Droners - TV Show on Insight.TV

Season 1 of Droners premiered last night on Insight.TV. It's a new show that follows drone pilots "as they discover racing, freestyling, and explore the new technology shaping the future of drones."

Splash

Check out this new show for Drone Pilots

Season 1 of Droners premiered last night on Insight.TV. It's a new show that follows drone pilots "as they discover racing, freestyling, and explore the new technology shaping the future of drones." The first episode has sort of an underground outlaw feel to it showing pilots breaking into private property to fly. Street racers, skateboarders and other sports have been doing this kind of thing for far longer so it shouldn't be too surprising. Overall the show was well produced and fun to watch.

The 1st episode is free, but to continue watching you'll need a subscription at $4.99 a month or $9.99 a year. That gets you access to their other shows all in 4K UHD HDR quality. Check out the first episode and let us know what you think.

Check out Droners Episode 1 Here

Feb 01, 2019, 09:42 AM
What goes up, hopefully lands!
The worlds leading UHD 4K channel? Who Knew?? Wait what? $4.99 a month or $9.99 a year..... WTH?
Feb 01, 2019, 11:17 PM
Interesting.

Just curious, how do street racers break into private property to race? I’m assuming you mean cars/motorcycles by street racers?

Also, I hope this doesn’t give drone flyers even more of a bad rap if a lot of people see this.

I also wonder if we’ll get to see any police action if they get the cops called on them
Feb 02, 2019, 08:28 AM
RCG Admin
Thread OP
On the street racers, I just meant they are breaking the law to do what they do, like these guys entering private property.
Feb 02, 2019, 12:40 PM
DWA
DWA
1Corinthians 13:1-8
Pretty good show just watched it. But it’s not something I would pay to watch.
Feb 02, 2019, 01:20 PM
We are not men, we are DEVO 7e
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWA
But it’s not something I would pay to watch.
and that's really the rub these days isnt it?
cord cutting was supposed to save us money, now we are getting charged another $5+ for every show or service we want. (and even after paying through the nose, we still get seem to get bombarded with adverts. anyone remember way back when cable first came out and it was called "pay TV"? it actually had no ads!)
Latest blog entry: MY nontes/ Ascent 2"build notes
Feb 08, 2019, 10:36 AM
It's behind a pay wall. Not going to disable adblock so you can spam me. Too bad I'll never see it because it's probably something I would watch.
Feb 08, 2019, 11:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xanuser
and that's really the rub these days isnt it?
cord cutting was supposed to save us money, now we are getting charged another $5+ for every show or service we want. (and even after paying through the nose, we still get seem to get bombarded with adverts. anyone remember way back when cable first came out and it was called "pay TV"? it actually had no ads!)
Slightly off topic but, isn't that similar to watching Drone Racing League events? How much does that series cost?

I haven't researched it too heavily, but all I can see for free in DRL are short teaser/preview video clips..
Feb 08, 2019, 02:54 PM

I made Droners

Hey guys, Iím one of the creators of Droners.

Throughout the series we do some really cool stuff - and the final episode has something Iím sure no one has attempted before. I canít tell you what happens, but trust me it gets pretty epic.

I know itís tough that the show is behind a paywall- but think about it this way: by paying just 10 dollars and watching the season you can prove to the world that there is an audience high quality drone content.

If we get enough viewers, we can go bigger and better in 2019- but only if the community stands behind us to support us.

If youíd like to chat more with me, go to the Droners Facebook page.

And thank you so much for this website for supporting our show and the RC would!
Feb 08, 2019, 08:07 PM
RCG Admin
Thread OP
Hi Joel and welcome to RCGroups and the largest RC community on the planet. Great work on the show. I was on a reality show called Drone Wars that aired on DirectTV. It was fun watching drone related content on TV. I love that stuff like this is getting made so hope all goes well and you can continue with the series. If I can help with anything here on RCGroups, just let me know.

Quick Reply