Jan 31, 2019, 07:52 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Spektrum DXe, Spektrum SPM4648 Serial Receiver and Spektrum F400 Flight Controller

Hi all,

I'm having trouble with my Spektrum F400 Flight controller (SPMFCF400) not recognizing my receiver, a Spektrum Quad Race Serial Receiver (SPM4648) when I bind my Spektrum DXe transmitter. I bought these with the intention of having matching hardware for ease of use. Fate, it would seem, is not without a sense of irony. Lemme break it down for you:

Here's my order of operation when binding the transmitter and flashing the flight controller:

1. I connect the SPM4648 to the control board via the supplied connector, soldered into the Remote RX pin holes, as directed by the manual. I triple checked the solder for any bridging, by the way and it looks clean to me. I power on the FC and bind the receiver to my DXe transmitter, confirmed with a solid orange LED in the receiver and a happy beep from the transmitter.
2. Disconnect the board to power it down.
3. Open Betaflight and connect the flight controller with the boot pins bridged. The orange LED is only slightly lit at this point, denoting Boot Loader mode.
4. Betaflight shows that the FC is in DFU mode, so I go to the firmware tab and select the SPEKTRUMF400 firmware with the latest version.
5. The firmware is updated successfully and automatically reconnects. The Blue LED is solid while the orange LED blinks on the flight controller.
6. Go to the Ports tab and turn on UART3 then click 'Save and Reboot'
7. After it reconnects, I go to the Configuration tab and set the 'Receiver Mode' to 'Serial-based receiver (SPEKSAT, SBUS...) and the 'Serial Receiver Provider' to 'SPEKTRUM 2048', then click 'Save and 'Reboot'

This is where my computer won't recognize the board anymore. The orange LED goes off and the blue stays on. When I disconnect the receiver from the FC, it becomes recognized again, causing the orange LED to blink. If I leave my transmitter off, causing the receiver to go into Bind Mode, it will reconnect without any issues either.

All the other UART channels can successfully save the Receiver and Port settings, but show no transmitter activity in the 'Receiver' tab even after changing the Channel Mapping to JR/SPektrum/Graupner.

I've tried moving the transmitter across the room, in case there's any short range issues, but that doesn't seem to make a difference. I've also tried flashing and setting up the flight controller using Raceflight Configurator, but it fails to recognize the Receiver, with a pop up that says "Make sure your are transmitter is on" (Typo included)

I'm not sure where the problem lies; the receiver or the flight control board. (Or me, of course!)

Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 22, 2019, 09:53 AM
Hey edward,

I have the same issue. I bought a dx6e transmitter, spmfcf400 and spm4648 and was thinking this should be easy to go. My bad.

Raceflight is not working for me, i can connect but no movement from gyro and accelero, also not possible to control the motors.
With beta and cleanflight i can connect, control my motors but after binding no response from the receiver on transmitter.

What .bin file you are using in raceflight, should be standard installed but with me it wasn't working from the beginning. Even needed a DFU fixer to get the spmfcf400 back running.

Gyro and accelero are also moving in the wrong way, I assume that the arrow on the spmfcf400 should point forward but the movement on the screen is incorrect, still need to figure out the correct settings for that on in beta or cleanflight

Quick Reply