Feb 01, 2019, 08:20 PM
Looks a lot like my GWS! Unfortunately I have one bad esc and it’s going to take a lot of cutting to fix. Single fans are way better.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 01, 2019, 08:33 PM
I review RC Products
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason M
This was already addressed in the other thread (it will also be addressed during our live Q&A video on Friday):

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...-BNF-Basic-PNP

Again, the NEXT ONE (EDF release) is an all-new, ground up design.

And how about the DOZENS of other ground up designs we offer, including recent releases like the Timber X, UMX Cirrus, Pitts, Delta Ray One, V900, Night Radian, Cherokee, Clipped Wing Cub, Convergence/Mini Convergence, etc., etc. etc,?
That is an impressive list sans the UMX Cirrus (the very poor nose wheel design kills it for me), but none of those are Warbirds or jets
Feb 01, 2019, 09:56 PM

Can we just buy the AS3X for other FMS 64mm
Jets...

Thx

Feb 02, 2019, 11:32 AM
Retracs would have been nice so no go for me on this one
Feb 02, 2019, 12:21 PM
As we’ve posted in a few other places:

Quote:
This is intended to be a lower cost (less than $200), simpler 64mm EDF class model that offers an alternative to more expensive and more complex 70+mm EDF class models. Retracts would have increased the price (to well over $200), weight and complexity...plus there are lots of guys that want smaller jets they can hand launch and land on grass so they can fly at places other than flying fields. And FWIW, we plan to offer 64mm, 70mm and other sizes of EDFs to cover a wider range of price points, classes, complexity, skill levels, etc.
Last edited by Jason M; Feb 02, 2019 at 12:30 PM.
Feb 02, 2019, 01:24 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason M
As we’ve posted in a few other places:
Plus it would have needed completely new wing molds for retracts from the older fms model. That would have bought costs up a bit. Id like to see this in a 70 or 80 mm with retracts but also would love to see that current fms 18 with as3x and blue angel scheme And of course look forward to your next 3 new releases!! The thunderbird 16 is sweeeet
https://www.instagram.com/p/BselMMlB...=1vxqx9p439hr3
Feb 02, 2019, 01:29 PM
Bring it on I pay more for retracts also on a small model is super cool just my opinion
Feb 02, 2019, 01:38 PM
Suspended Account
Bring on more belly landers....
Feb 02, 2019, 02:04 PM

f 15 eagle

i love the way it can launch so easily in safe mode! thats awesome for guys like myself who sometimes have trouble launching the planes alone. this will be my next plane and my first real ducted fan plane. i do wish the landing gear would be retractable but its fine as is since it seems to fly stable smooth. how fast is it? has anybody clocked it stock? and how slow can she fly before she stalls?
Feb 02, 2019, 02:57 PM
luschengerman

flying for every idiot

thank you Industry that you make everything flyabel for every idiot, thats why i have so much Problems to live my Hobby.
Feb 02, 2019, 04:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by luschengerman
thank you Industry that you make everything flyabel for every idiot, thats why i have so much Problems to live my Hobby.

Hand launching is a nightmare.
So that nightmare is gone with AS3X + SAFE hopefully.

We can turn ít off when the Jet airborn , and have fun though :-)

Thanks goodness.

:-)

Feb 02, 2019, 04:38 PM
Suspended Account
Ha ha.. Spend some time in the V900 thread.. SAFE seems to cause more crashes than it's worth.

SAFE has its place - but it also has its not-places.. Like in the minds of people who think it will save them when what they need is basic competence. I'm not saying people who like SAFE are incompetent. I'm saying certain people seem to want to rely on SAFE to do the basic work for them which they really don't need assistance for. Flying smoother in high wind, OK.... But hand launching shouldn't be a big deal(in most planes designed for it anyway...) In the V900 thread it seems SAFE causes quite a few mishaps. Now some might say it's not SAFE, but the people setting it up and operating it. But I would just say, well, it's an added level of (IMO unnecessary) complexity(and expense..), potentially increasing the risk of something going wrong...
Feb 02, 2019, 07:14 PM
I review RC Products
You aren't wrong Herrsavage lol
Feb 02, 2019, 08:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herrsavage
Ha ha.. Spend some time in the V900 thread.. SAFE seems to cause more crashes than it's worth.

SAFE has its place - but it also has its not-places.. Like in the minds of people who think it will save them when what they need is basic competence. I'm not saying people who like SAFE are incompetent. I'm saying certain people seem to want to rely on SAFE to do the basic work for them which they really don't need assistance for. Flying smoother in high wind, OK.... But hand launching shouldn't be a big deal(in most planes designed for it anyway...) In the V900 thread it seems SAFE causes quite a few mishaps. Now some might say it's not SAFE, but the people setting it up and operating it. But I would just say, well, it's an added level of (IMO unnecessary) complexity(and expense..), potentially increasing the risk of something going wrong...

Thanks For the heads up.
They made me think that SAFE solved
The hand launching nightmare. :-)

I should stick with KISS, rather than
Complexity, for peace of mind :-)

Thx.

Feb 02, 2019, 09:07 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by flylow2011
Thanks For the heads up.
They made me think that SAFE solved
The hand launching nightmare. :-) Not much complexity as you can turn on off from a switch

I should stick with KISS, rather than
Complexity, for peace of mind :-)

Thx.

They solved it
EFlite F15 Short Ramp Takeoff in SAFE. (0 min 13 sec)

And

EFlite F15 and SAFE Technology showing how easy it is to hand launch and EDF. (0 min 20 sec)

And

EFlite F15 Overhead Launch ( Backwards with no Tx ) Easy with SAFE (0 min 9 sec)
Last edited by jazzmanb; Feb 02, 2019 at 11:30 PM.

Quick Reply