May 16, 2019, 09:59 PM
Is the total throttle stick travel adjustable on either radio?
to remove ads between posts
May 16, 2019, 11:20 PM
Don't think I understand...

Mechanically? Software?
May 26, 2019, 07:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graupner USA
Don't think I understand...

Mechanically? Software?
Mechanically. I've done it already on an MZ24 Pro so if the sticks are the same I can do it on this one.
May 26, 2019, 07:53 PM
Why not just use longer sticks?
May 27, 2019, 12:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBum
Why not just use longer sticks?
Why would I do that? If you make the sticks longer that makes the issue worse. The total travel of the stick is the issue. I don't like TX's that have mirror image sticks. Messes up my timing. I want the sticks as short as possible because that is what I'm used to. The radios have to adapt to me not the other way around.

The RC industry until just a few years ago has always used radios with shorter stick travels on throttle. It's been like this since the Universal 8's. I am not going to change. If this thing has MZ24 sticks I can fix it.
Last edited by TMoore; May 27, 2019 at 12:15 AM.
May 27, 2019, 12:18 AM
Sticks are the same so you can have the same setup as on your mz-24.
May 27, 2019, 12:34 AM
Excellent. My next purchase.
May 27, 2019, 09:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMoore
Why would I do that? If you make the sticks longer that makes the issue worse. The total travel of the stick is the issue. I don't like TX's that have mirror image sticks. Messes up my timing. I want the sticks as short as possible because that is what I'm used to. The radios have to adapt to me not the other way around.

The RC industry until just a few years ago has always used radios with shorter stick travels on throttle. It's been like this since the Universal 8's. I am not going to change. If this thing has MZ24 sticks I can fix it.
OK, I thought you were looking for more travel, not less. Shorter sticks are an option. I'm sure there are some aftermarket ones that are shorter, but since you can make the same adjustment as on your MZ-24, all's good. I'm not sure the same could be said for the MZ-32 since the gimbals are different.
May 27, 2019, 10:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBum
OK, I thought you were looking for more travel, not less. Shorter sticks are an option. I'm sure there are some aftermarket ones that are shorter, but since you can make the same adjustment as on your MZ-24, all's good. I'm not sure the same could be said for the MZ-32 since the gimbals are different.
That's a very good reason I'm not buying a 32. At this price point the throttle stick travel at the very least should have stops or like the Jeti have adjustable stick travel on throttle.

Quick Reply