@ Jax Quad thanks for the vidéo
to remove ads between posts
Mar 06, 2019, 07:35 PM
All Electric

Eflite F-15 control settings

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrutter1
Cabertoss,
I set my radio up(DX9) with 100% high rates (on factory recommended hole locations) and 75% for mid rates with low rates at 60%; and to be honest I have flown four batteries and only went to mid rates once, felt the lack of movement and have never left high rates since. I did not add any expo yet...I might do that before next flight. It is touchy on high rates, but I prefer my models that way.

Where did you buy/what kind of canopy glue?
Thanks for control settings. This will be my first model to program into my new DX9. It is different enough from my old gen 1 DX8 and Dx6i transmitters that I am not comfortable enough with the new menus.

The canopy glue is called Pacer Formula '560' Canopy Glue (PT-56). It is white but dries clear and flexible.
http://www.advantagehobby.com/25569/...opy-Glue-2-oz/
Mar 07, 2019, 11:58 AM
RC Addict
A little inverted flying fun and landing into a brutal cross wind.
Eflite F-15 Eagle Invert and Land (0 min 47 sec)
Mar 08, 2019, 10:40 AM
Has anyone noticed any major differences in flight characteristics while flying with and without the armament?
Mar 08, 2019, 12:42 PM
RC Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze0021
Has anyone noticed any major differences in flight characteristics while flying with and without the armament?
I can't tell any difference at all. It may be just a hair faster without, but not enough to really notice. I can't tell any difference in flight times. Those things are very light weight.
Mar 08, 2019, 12:53 PM
RC Addict
Father and son.
Mar 08, 2019, 12:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jax Quad
I can't tell any difference at all. It may be just a hair faster without, but not enough to really notice. I can't tell any difference in flight times. Those things are very light weight.
Okay cool. I just didnt know if having the extra armament created any weird issues or turbulence on the wings that cause any odd drag tendencies. The reason why I ask is because I also have the FMS F-15 V2 and fly without the armament and the flights are very smooth with no wag. But when I took this new Eflite F-15 up for a maiden flight with the armament, I noticed a lot more buffeting and some wagging tendencies. Could have just been the weather.. it was windy.
Mar 08, 2019, 03:22 PM
RC Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze0021
Okay cool. I just didnt know if having the extra armament created any weird issues or turbulence on the wings that cause any odd drag tendencies. The reason why I ask is because I also have the FMS F-15 V2 and fly without the armament and the flights are very smooth with no wag. But when I took this new Eflite F-15 up for a maiden flight with the armament, I noticed a lot more buffeting and some wagging tendencies. Could have just been the weather.. it was windy.
One of my bombs broke so I took both armaments off. Have a dozen or so flights without and if it's windy, she rocks back and fort. Nothing I can do about it.
Mar 09, 2019, 02:27 AM
Is there a difference between this plane and the FMS F-15 V2 at all other than the paint scheme(comparing PNP to PNP)?

Also, how would they compare to the Force F-18? Thanks...
Mar 09, 2019, 02:39 AM
I review RC Products
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jax Quad
One of my bombs broke so I took both armaments off. Have a dozen or so flights without and if it's windy, she rocks back and fort. Nothing I can do about it.
Is it the BNF?
Mar 09, 2019, 10:10 AM
RC Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBLynden
Is it the BNF?
Yes. I don't think I could have flown in those windy conditions without AS3X. Here's a video of us landing into the severe cross wind.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDk..._as=subscriber
Mar 10, 2019, 12:28 AM
I review RC Products
Good job!
Mar 10, 2019, 05:51 AM
Roll with the changes...
Had my maiden yesterday.

Rolling take off... she popped into the air. I kept thinking "man this thing is a tank in the air." Couldn't get her to roll or anything. Shoot! The SAFE was on Turned that off and she rolled so fast I thought the canopy was going to fly off. First landing was perfect -- and my wife caught it on video. Second flight I ran the battery down thinking I'd get 5 minutes.... nope. Had to do a dead stick into the weeds but still in control and nothing broken.

The only problem I have with this little airplane is that the steering is almost non-existent. In my case I can't even turn it to the right. I can maybe slightly barely kind'of go a little to the right, but not really. Kind'of embarrassed to walk on the runway to pick her up. Before I got to the field, I had taxied around my pool deck but couldn't figure out how to get more movement in the nose-wheel. Set the radio to more throw.... didn't help.

So -- is there any way to get more movement of that nose wheel?
Mar 10, 2019, 08:15 PM

Eflite F-15 Eagle 64mm EDF BNF Basic Flight

In 1080p 60fps - The Eflite F-15 Eagle 64mm EDF BNF Basic in the Splinter Camo is a perfect "twin" to my already excellent FMS F-15 Eagle V2 64mm EDF in Sky Camo.

Eflite F-15 Eagle 64mm EDF BNF Basic Flight (4 min 25 sec)

My Eflite F-15 Eagle 64mm EDF is completely stock. Powered by a Pulse 4S 2250mAh 45C lipo, weighing in at 240 grams. CG was set rearmost to 85mm from the leading edge of the main wing at the fuselage. Flight Timer was set to 3:40 minutes. Flown with a Spektrum DX8 G2 Transmitter at 100% rates, with 24% expo to the Ailerons and 5% expo to both the Elevator and Nose Wheel.

Flight video footage taken with Mike's iPhone X on 1080p 60fps.

Thanks for the video capture Mike!

And as always, thanks for watching!

***CG TUNING UPDATE: After several more tuning flights, I found my CG of choice to be further back at 91mm from the leading edge (that's basically pushing my 240-gram Pulse 4S 2250mAh 45C lipo as far back in the cavity where the front edge of the battery is lined up to the back roof edge opening of the canopy hatch. Doing this allows the Eagle to float in with minimal throttle management on final approaches, with no negative issues in flight. This was actually the CG I used in this flight video, not the previously stated 85mm.***
Last edited by Blaze0021; Mar 12, 2019 at 09:04 AM.
Mar 10, 2019, 10:08 PM
RC Addict
Nice video Blaze. I love your flying location. This F-15 is a fun little bird. The more I fly it the more I like it. Handles wind nice too don't you think?

Quick Reply