Feb 10, 2019, 08:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiscoflyer
The only hesitation I have is when is this thing actually going to be shipping??? I remember being one of the first to pull the trigger and pre-order the V900 on the morning it was announced. I waited like 4 months and finally called and cancelled the order with HH. Im definitely going to scoop one of these up though. I really like the 4s compatibility and safe. It also looks like I am good to go with my dx6 and will not need to fork over gobs of $$$ for 6s batteries. Win Win.
I think it's more accurate to say it is 3S compatible for the "scale" flyers.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 15, 2019, 04:40 PM
Looks like HH is shipping some early orders. Just got a FedEx info shipping from Ontario, CA US. ETA 2/21
Feb 25, 2019, 10:49 PM
RC Addict
When in Orlando on business what do you do? Go to Graves RC, also known as RC heaven, and buy a new jet. It was fun to have a project in the hotel room tonight. Cute little jet, looks like it will be a blast to fly. I do wish there was more room in the battery tray and the landing gear is hopefully better than it looks. Other than that all looks good.
Feb 27, 2019, 03:42 PM
RC Addict
I'm not sure why but this is the quietest thread I've ever seen for a new release. I'll do a quick flight review, although I don't know if anyone will see it.

I was honestly not expecting much from this jet, primarily due to the size. But I'm happy to report that the F-15 far exceeded my expectations. She lifted right up into flight and the feeling was nothing short of locked in and solid for all flights today. She's plenty fast, not overwhelming at all, but still fun. She can do all manuevers with ease. Safe is awesome especially for low fast passes. It is very visible in the air for such a small model. This is now the easiest edf to land that I own, surpassing even the amazing F-16 Thunderbird. The landing gear did far better than expected on our runway. I don't know if it will be the same at my other runway that is bumpy grass. I'll probably hand launch there. Only two negatives that I can come up with. One, this F-15 sucks the battery juice. I was using high quality 4s 2200's and they came back after 3 minutes flights at 15% or less. And these were mixed flying, not WOT at all. I think I can get one of my small 2600's in there, it's going to be tight, but no way anything any larger will work. And number two. I had to do an emergency, no power landing from the middle of a big loop, I was completely inverted. The fan started making an odd noise. So I killed power and make a perfect no power landing. I was happy to see that was possible. I had to pull the entire bottom plate off the plane and pull the foam plug fan cover. A weird little piece of plastic came out. No other visible damage. So we fired up the fan and it seemed ok. I assumed the plastic got in the fan. It looks like a part of the plane but I don't know what it is. Glued the bottom plate back on. Went to fly again and the noise is still there. Unfortunately whatever the plastic piece was, must have damaged a blade. I'll take it apart when I get time and check it. I'll get it repaired one way or the other. Overall, this is a great new model and for the money I don't think it can be beat. Especially for a first EDF or just to have a trainer to throw around and practice new maneuvers on.
Last edited by Jax Quad; Feb 27, 2019 at 03:47 PM.
Feb 27, 2019, 04:16 PM
RC Beginner
I'm hoping to see more reviews on here as it's still on pre order for the UK and I'm undecided.

But I do love an eflite BNF plane and this one would be ideal as a hand launcher and belly lander and a good size to chuck in the car.

The 3 minute flight time is a negative to me so be interesting to see what other flight times owners are getting.

But thanks for your review, very helpful :-)
Feb 27, 2019, 04:34 PM
RC Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sads71
I'm hoping to see more reviews on here as it's still on pre order for the UK and I'm undecided.

But I do love an eflite BNF plane and this one would be ideal as a hand launcher and belly lander and a good size to chuck in the car.

The 3 minute flight time is a negative to me so be interesting to see what other flight times owners are getting.

But thanks for your review, very helpful :-)
Oh good, some did get to read the review. I am also curious to other's flight times. I don't think it will be much more than 3 minutes which is a big issue for me. I'll see if my 2600's fits and if I can squeeze a little more time it may be ok.
Feb 27, 2019, 07:25 PM
Hello Jax Quad,
Thanks for your review. I got my F-15 last week and ready for a maiden. But the weather here in Chicago is not cooperating. For the meantime I will just read your posting/review.
Happy landing..
Feb 27, 2019, 07:25 PM
I’ve been following the thread to see what people think so I was glad to see your thorough review! I like what I see so far, but I’ve never flown an edf before so I’ve been stalling to see how much people love this one. I know it’s 3s compatible, but do you think it will be short on performance if I stick with 3s? I’ve already got 3s battery and charger from another plane, so I’m hoping to avoid buying more gear
Feb 28, 2019, 06:18 PM
RC Addict
My questions about flying of grass have been answered. The F15 was very good off my bumpy field. We had six ver successful flights with zero issues.

We also stretched flight times to 3.5-4 minutes but that was the limit.

Flew a 3s battery. It did fine but it is slow. This model was built for 4s.

Will post video shortly.
Feb 28, 2019, 09:23 PM
Mineral, VA
I maidened mine today with two brand new batteries from RoaringTop. I purchased 2200 35c 4s packs and the fitment is great. Everything Jax stated above (down to the mid flight fan noise) I agree with; I just chose to power through it and it went away. My first battery ended at 3 1/2 minutes with 11% left, the second battery I flew for three minutes and there was 22% left. I have to say the Viper has me spoiled on long flight times with cool batteries. I fly off grass at our field and the F-15 got off the ground in about 10 feet, very surprising! The plane is definitely a keeper, a great value for the money, and I’m very happy to have it; but it cannot compare/replace my Viper. The F-15 definitely demands more attention on the sticks then the Viper.
Feb 28, 2019, 09:23 PM
Mineral, VA
As far as the low amount of traffic on this thread, there is another thread in the news section that’s about 12 pages long about the F-15.
Mar 01, 2019, 12:43 AM
Did any of you notice the alerions called for the middle hole on the servo arm but it was in the furthest?

I set my elevator up the way the book mention but feel like I don't have the command to high alpha at lower speed to plop her down (belly lander)
Mar 01, 2019, 07:34 AM
@ Jax Quad, Thank you for your feedback, it's very interesting.
Mar 01, 2019, 12:14 PM
RC Addict
Here's my quick grass takeoff video from yesterday

Eflite F15 EDF Jet 64mm Grass Takeoff (0 min 7 sec)
Mar 01, 2019, 12:17 PM
RC Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrutter1
I maidened mine today with two brand new batteries from RoaringTop. I purchased 2200 35c 4s packs and the fitment is great. Everything Jax stated above (down to the mid flight fan noise) I agree with; I just chose to power through it and it went away. My first battery ended at 3 1/2 minutes with 11% left, the second battery I flew for three minutes and there was 22% left. I have to say the Viper has me spoiled on long flight times with cool batteries. I fly off grass at our field and the F-15 got off the ground in about 10 feet, very surprising! The plane is definitely a keeper, a great value for the money, and I’m very happy to have it; but it cannot compare/replace my Viper. The F-15 definitely demands more attention on the sticks then the Viper.
I pulled the cover off the fan again. The noise was coming from the label on the motor. It is just paper and was flapping like crazy. I took it off completely and cleaned the motor so nothing was left. It is now perfectly quiet, no more noise. You'd think they would put the label somewhere else or at least use some decent glue.

Quick Reply