Sep 16, 2019, 11:26 PM
So I asked before whether it was advisable to get a spare nosecone, and was told it wasn't really necessary. Now that I've ordered the plane though, and see that most shops have the nosecone listed as unavailable, I'm wondering if I should track one down. Anybody know where to find one? Also, maybe there's a source of FMS parts from the previous FMS plane the E-flite is based on? Thanks..

ps I have the Force F-18, and got a few spare nosecones. I see in lots of videos for that plane how the nose looks all accordioned up, like the roadrunner after running into a mountain. That's not something I would find aesthetically acceptable... I will only be belly landing the F-15 as well.. (The F-18 is unopened and for sale. Too pointy to belly land in my rough grass, and still look good IMO.. A Blue Angel with white chipped paint marks and an accordioned nose is not something I would want to look at, on the ground or in the air...)
to remove ads between posts
Sep 17, 2019, 06:15 AM
Lower AL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herrsavage
So I asked before whether it was advisable to get a spare nosecone, and was told it wasn't really necessary. Now that I've ordered the plane though, and see that most shops have the nosecone listed as unavailable, I'm wondering if I should track one down. Anybody know where to find one? Also, maybe there's a source of FMS parts from the previous FMS plane the E-flite is based on? Thanks..

ps I have the Force F-18, and got a few spare nosecones. I see in lots of videos for that plane how the nose looks all accordioned up, like the roadrunner after running into a mountain. That's not something I would find aesthetically acceptable... I will only be belly landing the F-15 as well.. (The F-18 is unopened and for sale. Too pointy to belly land in my rough grass, and still look good IMO.. A Blue Angel with white chipped paint marks and an accordioned nose is not something I would want to look at, on the ground or in the air...)
My nose jobs came from not using SAFE for the hand Toss, in the air she's still perfect looking.
Jeff...
Sep 17, 2019, 06:57 AM
No SAFE for me...(no Spektrum..)

No smashed up noses either.. I like them nice and perfect.
Sep 17, 2019, 08:17 AM
The FMS F15 nose is in stock so you might want to grab that one. I don't know if there's a color difference but both are solid and use a magnet compared to the thin flimsy one that comes with the F18.
Sep 17, 2019, 08:27 AM
Where is it in stock? Haven't found it here in Germany. Would maybe order from the US if the shipping isn't stupid...
Sep 17, 2019, 10:37 AM
https://www.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...p?I=LXHHMJ&P=Z

Not sure what shipping would be for you but with TH parts saver it's $1.99US. It's also instock on the HH US website.
Sep 17, 2019, 12:47 PM
Man, Tower US... That brings back memories. Used to get lots of car stuff from them. Alas, shipping would be 30 bucks.... Oh well.

I ordered three nose-cones for a Sonicmodell 1213mm HD wing (much bigger than for the F-15)from ReadymadeRC, and shipping was like $4... Arrived within 10 days, no problem. Some companies can just figure it out...

Thanks though. I'll keep searching.
Sep 17, 2019, 05:01 PM
The FMS nose will fit perfect. I know because I own both FMS and Eflite F15. Colour wise i can't see any difference.

These 2 planes are 95% identical.
Sep 19, 2019, 05:15 PM
I am doing some cosmatic changes to my F-15 and need a primer. What primer do you recommended from Lowes?
Sep 19, 2019, 07:02 PM
Ive had good experiences with rustoleum 2x. Adhesion to foam is always touch and go. You can apply a layer of wbpu (minwax) before the primer goes down.
Sep 19, 2019, 09:35 PM
PSALM 14:1
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdansalvish
I am doing some cosmatic changes to my F-15 and need a primer. What primer do you recommended from Lowes?
Not at Lowes, but my fav is Testor's white or gray primer.

Excellent coverage and adhesion imo.
Sep 21, 2019, 02:13 AM
So, glueing my new F-15 up.. That nose sure is pointy. And there are no spares available in Europe..(wasn't that supposed to be the whole point of paying more for Horizon stuff?....) It's also expensive. I can order one from Powerhobby on ebay.com, but it's $19 shipped. Does anybody know of a cheap source in the US to get the FMS one? I mean if I have to pay international shipping etc.. I might as well order a couple... If I can find two for under €22 shipped(Customs limit..) Thanks.

Good looking plane, but small. Couldn't really get the steering servo out, so just leaving it in for now...
Sep 21, 2019, 06:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herrsavage
So, glueing my new F-15 up.. That nose sure is pointy. And there are no spares available in Europe..(wasn't that supposed to be the whole point of paying more for Horizon stuff?....) It's also expensive. I can order one from Powerhobby on ebay.com, but it's $19 shipped. Does anybody know of a cheap source in the US to get the FMS one? I mean if I have to pay international shipping etc.. I might as well order a couple... If I can find two for under €22 shipped(Customs limit..) Thanks.

Good looking plane, but small. Couldn't really get the steering servo out, so just leaving it in for now...
All the servos are easily removed. Zippo lighter fluid is my friend.
Sep 22, 2019, 06:14 AM
So, successful maiden. And first ever incident free EDF flight.

New Rhino 4S 2200 50C. Barely Fotos

Hard to Grippe for launch.

Combs a bit.. CG, or elevator trim?...

Nice looking and all, but not a mega wow fun factor. Yet anyway....
Sep 22, 2019, 09:41 AM

Added rudders

So, I added working rudders in hopes of more precise directional control while landing on the hard surface runway.
Used one small lightweight Servo to control both rudders. Mixed it to channel 5... Rebalanced it ... we'll see how it goes.

Quick Reply