Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales

Graupner - MZ-16 16-CHANNEL 2.4 GHZ TELEMETRY RADIO

The new Graupner mz-16 is a 16-channel radio with accuracy, control and reliability fully integrated inside a high-tech carbon look and comfortable ergonomics transmitter!

Splash

MZ-16 Transmitter - Available late February 2019

From Manny

You asked for it and we delivered!Many of you who were impressed by the mz-32 and its many features requested a radio that provided similar features but at a more affordable price point.

The mz-16 brings the same powerful features as our mz-32 flagship radio providing you with the same power where you, the user, can control almost any part of the radio.

You can tailor the mz-16 to your own needs with additional hardware options which can be installed by the user. The built in WiFi can be expanded with a Bluetooth module and MP3 player while the battery capacity can be increased to up to 9000 mAh. The mz-16 can be expanded based on your budget and needs.

This new radio is part of our HoTT (Hopping Telemetry Transmission) radio eco system that stands out in its signal reliability and performance without the protocol confusion many other brands have.

Customers that embrace our HoTT systems will benefit from a wide selection of receivers and flight controllers (23) and over 50 telemetry and speed controller products that are fully integrated with our radio HoTT systems for ease of use and without complexity.

The integration of our HoTT technology by many third-party vendors utilizing our over the air protocol and SUMD digital protocols adds another benefit to our customers who can select from dozens of additional products to make their RC experience more valuable and more enjoyable.

Future firmware updates are free and the mz-16 carries a two-year warranty for extra peace of mind.

The 16-channel mz-16 sells for $749.99 and comes with a GR-16 8-channel telemetry receiver.

So Much More to Learn!

Head over to the Graupner site for pricing and much more information!

Jan 30, 2019, 02:22 PM
Nice! How many receivers can be linked per model?
Jan 30, 2019, 05:36 PM
You can bind 2 receivers per model if that is what you were asking.
Jan 30, 2019, 07:56 PM
Are the gimbals the same as the MZ 24 Pro?
Jan 30, 2019, 08:28 PM
Yes, they are the same.
Jan 30, 2019, 10:07 PM
Nice looking radio. I am glad to see Graupner name a radio with the channels it has. The previous “take out model number and divide by 2” made no sense.
Jan 31, 2019, 12:34 AM
We already started this with the mz-12 PRO and mz-32 radios.

I agree it was confusing but making a change to something that was done for over 50 years in a certain way is hard.
Jan 31, 2019, 07:29 PM
Are the face plates on the 16 and the 32 inter-changeable
Feb 01, 2019, 06:04 PM
Is anyone ever going to fit a six way rotary switch to their OEM transmitter?
Feb 04, 2019, 04:31 PM
I will not be getting this radio like I thought. I was told it does not have Hall effect gimbals.
That is a breaker for me.
Correct me if I am wrong.

I was going to get one but not now.

This is what I was told. The MZ-16 has aluminum gimbals with potentiometers.

Can you confirm this Graupner USA?
Last edited by kenstick; Feb 04, 2019 at 06:22 PM.
Feb 04, 2019, 06:32 PM
Closed Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenstick
I will not be getting this radio like I thought. I was told it does not have Hall effect gimbals.
That is a breaker for me.
Correct me if I am wrong.

I was going to get one but not now.

This is what I was told. The MZ-16 has aluminum gimbals with potentiometers.

Can you confirm this Graupner USA?
Yes, I feel the same. For the price of US $750 I would expect Hall sensors. Even if the software got the camber issue resolved, and I expect they will
one day, the use of the gimbals with pots is a downside. TheBum seems to usually correct about the Graupner product line so I expect he is right about these gimbals.
Feb 04, 2019, 06:35 PM
If you want hall effect gimbals, the MZ32 is for you.
Feb 04, 2019, 06:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiery
If you want hall effect gimbals, the MZ32 is for you.
no, not at that price.
Feb 04, 2019, 06:45 PM
AKA 8178 - MIke Dailey
Quote:
Originally Posted by swallabat
Is anyone ever going to fit a six way rotary switch to their OEM transmitter?
Yes, FrSky did in 2016 with the Horus radios.

Mike
Feb 04, 2019, 06:45 PM
Closed Account
True but that MZ32 is US $1100.

I would have to give up cheap liquor and loose women for quite some time to afford the MZ32.

Damnable predicament that I find myself in.

Quick Reply