Apr 04, 2019, 04:29 AM
lurking in the HOLE :)
good stuff
to remove ads between posts
Apr 04, 2019, 03:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCV6
LOL talk about Fake news
Every time time I hear somaone saying "fake news' I imagine a red-faced Trump supporter and two little neurons in an empty skull buzzing in anger.

You're better than this.
Apr 04, 2019, 03:22 PM
Unfortunately, Bruce on occasion makes me see red.....
Apr 04, 2019, 04:24 PM
Who is Bruce ? I think all that's missing is the corn cob pipe , the fatherly looks are there , maybe he needs a stovepipe hat . I've never heard of him before , but then I've only been around for the last 70 odd years on the modelling scene and I don't do f/book , so I've probably had a stunted upbringing . Is there a background and one has to be in the right circles to know ?
Apr 04, 2019, 04:41 PM
xjet, Bruce Simpson, Kiwi. Great Tech stuff and reviews, less than stellar rants. Of course, he is entitled to his opinion.
Apr 04, 2019, 06:30 PM
I'm a balsa butcher
Also banned from flying in NZ for a while because he was causing trouble and not following the rules.
Apr 04, 2019, 07:06 PM
I fly SLOPE landings are crash
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCV6
xjet, Bruce Simpson, Kiwi. Great Tech stuff and reviews, less than stellar rants. Of course, he is entitled to his opinion.
I have watched a few of his videos. His tech stuff is worth watching.

His take on the situation is because of the secrecy and misinformation. You need a law degree to keep up with it.
Apr 04, 2019, 07:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HUMPHREY1957
His take on the situation is because of the secrecy and misinformation.
And yet ironically he puts out misinformation himself, anyone who had read CASA's survey documents knew the plan was ~$20 per pilot for registration, not $20 per plane. But he gets views and clicks, so outrage works better than the simple truth.
Apr 04, 2019, 07:58 PM
Thanks for bringing me up to speed guys , I've lived 76 years without his tech support and teachings so I think I will not go chasing any . And I thought we in Aus were the only ones that had one , it's good to know we're not alone !
Apr 05, 2019, 02:55 AM
An aspirational fast jet pilot
Given the exmeptions it is going to be a PITA to enforce the new rules.
Apr 05, 2019, 04:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Great_Goose
Given the exmeptions it is going to be a PITA to enforce the new rules.

Will need to equip each police officer with a set of N.A.T.A. calibrated scales to verify its over 250 grams.
Apr 05, 2019, 06:39 AM
An aspirational fast jet pilot
First they have to give the state police the power by CASA to enforce federal laws before they can weigh your plane
Apr 05, 2019, 05:15 PM
I see gliders and peanut scale becoming a trend....all my flying stuff is under 100g
Apr 05, 2019, 05:50 PM
I fly SLOPE landings are crash
Quote:
Originally Posted by Au_Wozza
I see gliders and peanut scale becoming a trend....all my flying stuff is under 100g

Which Glider?

Which Dream-Flight glider is right for you?
by Michael Richter. May 9, 2016 https://dream-flight.com/

As there is usually the right tool for a given job, there is the right RC glider for the given weather conditions and flying location. From dynamic soaring to hand-launch, choosing the right RC glider for the task is key to getting the most enjoyment out of a particular flying session. If you are just starting RC soaring and are unsure about which glider would be most suitable, we've created the descriptions below as a guide.

The Libelle DLG is an entry level Discus Launch Glider. Discus launching a glider is the most efficient way to hand-launch an RC glider to thermalling altitude over flatland. It is a great model for teaching yourself DLG technique and honing your low-altitude thermalling skills. Out of our current selection of models, the Libelle has the best glide performance, but it is a bit more delicate than the Alula and Weasel. This design is a great model to have in your quiver as it exploits marginal conditions over flatland and on the slope and delivers superb soaring performance in an affordable and easy to repair airframe - we call it our "no worries" DLG. With the Libelle you truly get a sense of what flying a performance DLG is all about, but without the high equipment costs and stress.The Alula-TREK is our jack of all trades flying wing model and is a soaring minimalist's dream. If you are looking for a unique soaring experience in a minimalistic package that is easy to take along anywhere, then the Alula-TREK is a great choice. Its low weight and ability to be flung to considerable altitude with the swing of an arm allow it to be flown on thermal lift over a flat grassy park, and its robustness and maneuverability make it at home in slope lift along a remote ridgeline. The Alula can be described as a sort of RC boomerang; it can be quickly flung to altitude with little effort and brought back for a hand catch landing. Mainly designed to exploit hard to reach flying sites with poor landing conditions, the forward-swept wing design is ultra maneuverable at low airspeeds close to the stall, allowing it to hang in there like a circling hawk looking for prey or avoiding obstacles such as trees. The Alula-TREK is great for small slopes in light wind conditions, and for slope exploration (we often take this model along with us on hikes in a backpack, or on trips inside our luggage). The Alula-TREK gives a unique and fun sense of what flying a bird might be like.

The Weasel-TREK is our cornerstone slope RC model and continues to be a favorite around the world. It's given countless RC pilots around the world their slope wings and continues to entertain the most experienced pilots. It is purely a slope glider and is flown along ridges and bluffs with a steady oncoming breeze. In a nutshell, the Weasel-TREK delivers solid slope performance in a friendly, robust package that is easy to take along anywhere. The simple two channel flying wing design is easy to setup and fly. The broad wing shape skates on air for maximum fun in light wind conditions, while really coming alive in bigger winds. If you are just trying slope for the first time, the Weasel-TREK is great... it will allow you get comfortable flying close to terrain and practicing basic aerobatics, plus it's tough enough to take some good knocks (a given if you are learning slope soaring). The Weasel-TREK's stable flight characteristics, wide speed range, and nimbleness will instill confidence quickly while delivering countless hours of smiles and fun along the way.
Last edited by HUMPHREY1957; Apr 05, 2019 at 06:06 PM.
Apr 06, 2019, 03:17 AM
Go the Alula Trek!!!
Doesn't handle too much abuse, but by heck do they thermal well off a DLG.
Ive done plenty of flights at speck out heights and 5 mins. Best yet was 4 thermals in 1 flight to speck out and 13+ minutes

Quick Reply