Feb 02, 2019, 03:18 PM
Just Plane Nutts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Gaito
And then there was the Life of Pi-three quarters of it was shot in a life boat.....with a Bengal tiger!

Even more amazing is that most of what you see is fake! CGI has come a LONNNNNNG way.

Life of Pi VFX Breakdown (2 min 3 sec)

And again.....Them thar new-fangled com-pew-tors is real knee-slappin' fun!

Pirates of the Caribbean VFX Examples (1 min 51 sec)
Last edited by AirDOGGe; Feb 02, 2019 at 03:24 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 02, 2019, 05:01 PM
Latitudes vs Attitudes
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirDOGGe
I wonder....do all of these qualify as "sea movies", or do they all just have water or ocean scenes in them?

I assumed the topic was of movies mainly aboard ships, subs and other sea-going vessels. Movies like Castaway are mostly on land. For example, I wouldn't think of Gilligan's Island as a "sea" TV show, but I might of "McHale's Navy" or "Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea".
The right answer, AirDOGGe , would be whatever will keep everybody posting and commenting (preferably with something to do with boats or the sea)- its all good..
Latest blog entry: Mark V Navy Seal SOC
Feb 03, 2019, 08:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirDOGGe
I wonder....do all of these qualify as "sea movies", or do they all just have water or ocean scenes in them?

I assumed the topic was of movies mainly aboard ships, subs and other sea-going vessels. Movies like Castaway are mostly on land. For example, I wouldn't think of Gilligan's Island as a "sea" TV show, but I might of "McHale's Navy" or "Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea".
"It's only an island if you look at it from the water"

SHERIFF BRODY

😁😁😁😁😁😁😁
Feb 03, 2019, 09:26 AM

All time favorite is jaws

So many good lines

Front, bow, back, stern. You don't get it right, squirt, I throw you ass out the little round window. Come one, chief! This isn't no boy scout picnic! I see you got your rubbers.'

Here lies the body of Mary Lee, Died at the age of a hundred and three. For fifteen years she kept her virginity - Not a bad record for this vicinity!'

Well, it proves one thing, Mr Hooper.' It proves that you wealthy college boys don't have the education to admit when you're wrong.'

Back home, we got a taxidermy man, he's going to have a heart attack when he see what I brung him!

Just a few. 😁😁😁😁
Feb 03, 2019, 10:39 AM
Latitudes vs Attitudes
Thread OP
No Doug, That's not a must see movie-
Its a must own movie!!
Jaws (1975) - Scars Scene (6/10) | Movieclips (3 min 21 sec)
Latest blog entry: Mark V Navy Seal SOC
Feb 03, 2019, 12:59 PM
Sea Dragon-Lover
Hornblower, series...

Hornblower S01 E01 The Even Chance (1 hr 40 min 5 sec)

Great model work going on here...

https://youtu.be/njHimjJ57OQ?t=5454

Last edited by Umi_Ryuzuki; Feb 03, 2019 at 05:40 PM.
Feb 04, 2019, 12:24 AM
Had to go check the video shelf to see what nautical movies we still had on DVD...

Morituri - Brenner and Brando

Lifeboat - Hitchcock thriller in a lifeboat

Return to Treasure Island - Robert Newton returns as Long John Silver versus his nemesis Captain Mendoza. Pretty decent if you like pirates...

The Long Voyage Home - John Wayne
Feb 04, 2019, 12:22 PM
Boats on the brain!!
The Philadelphia Experiment.
Feb 14, 2019, 08:34 PM
"Take the Cannollis"
Love those classic British war flicks.....

"Sailor of the King" ....... They used a WW II British minelayer (HMS Manxman) and built a wooden turret to make her appear as a German pocket battleship. No computer images in THIS old classic !

"Sink the Bismarck" ......

"Pursuit of the Graf Spee"..... ( Battle of the River Plate )

And also, the true story of HMS Amethyst..... They actually used the real ship !
Last edited by Steve Bad; Feb 14, 2019 at 09:07 PM.
Feb 14, 2019, 09:39 PM
boat butcher
"THE BEDFORD INCEDENT"

Mark
Feb 14, 2019, 09:45 PM
boat butcher
And another forgotten classic.

Mark
Feb 15, 2019, 12:39 PM
I can’t believe that we are 5 pages into this thread and no one has mentioned “MOBY DICK”

Moby Dick - Trailer (3 min 12 sec)
Feb 15, 2019, 01:20 PM
Not a ship at sea but in the South American jungle based on true story. "Fitzcarraldo" Masterpiece by Werner Herzog.
Nov 19, 2019, 11:53 AM
AeroDan
“Crimson Tide” (‘95; Denzel Washington/Gene Hackman).
Nov 19, 2019, 12:47 PM
Sea Dragon-Lover
Sail to Glory, 1967
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0808454/

Amazon.com
Quote:
One-hour color spectacular starring the racing schooner America, winner of the first America's cup race around England's Isle of Wight in 1851. Film shows the events leading up to the historic race. True story of the NY Yacht Club's gamble to beat the British in their home waters and their stunning success. Maine craftsman lovingly re-created the 101 foot schooner in 1966 for the film.
No copies available anywhere.
Must be viewed on location, Library of Congress

Quick Reply