Jan 26, 2019, 04:37 AM
Thread OP
Question

Volantex/Recent Atomic 792-4

Hi all,
I have run into a problem with recently bought Volantex/Recent Atomic 792-4 . First with deep discharging battery and destroying one cell, so I needed to buy a new one battery pack and after connecting, I got control only to ruder but can't control any more motor.
There is obviously some wrong settings in ESC.
And before that, I couldn't go into reverse also, only forward.
I suspect its ESC configuration but can't find anywhere documentation about it.
I have managed to go into the setup so I can hear beeps from it that circle through the menu but I have not a single clue about it and what does mean each beep. There is 1,2,3,4,5 and 6 I think beeps that repeats three times and do cycle.
If there is someone with manual how to configure it and what those beeps mean please help, or I am supposed to buy a new ESC after a single ride.
I have the battery already replaced.

Thank You All,
Toni
to remove ads between posts
Jan 26, 2019, 03:19 PM
Just Plane Nutts
There are no programming instructions for the stock ESC that I am aware of. You may have to replace it.

Hope the motor is undamaged.
Jan 26, 2019, 04:34 PM
Resistance is futile
The stock ESC does not have reverse capability.
Jan 26, 2019, 05:32 PM
Just Plane Nutts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt'n Crash
The stock ESC does not have reverse capability.

Good point. I missed that. Boats with flex cable drive do not and cannot use reverse, else the outer layer could unravel and bind in the tube.
Jan 27, 2019, 09:07 AM
Thread OP

Esc

Hi,

thank You all for helping me...
I will go with new one ESC.
The motor is OK. I have a car with CC mamba monster X ESC and tested with 3S motor runs nicely in both direction, so it is OK.

I have found on eBay this ESC "FlyColor Brushless Waterproof Speed Regulator SBEC For RC Racing Boat Model 50Amps model"
They have their site and I think good manuals and support at http://www.flycolor.net/

What Do You guys think about it? Cost around 20$ and card for programming 8$.

Thank You All,
Toni
Jan 27, 2019, 09:16 AM
Thread OP

Esc

Hi,

thanks All for helping me.

The motor is Ok. I have connected it to my monster mamba X ESC with 3S from car and it runs well in both directions.
So I will change ESC.

I have found from FlyColor Flymonster series 50Amp marine ESC that also has programming card...and i will not program it to go into reverse
http://www.flycolor.net/index.php?c=category&id=25
On eBay around 20$ ESC, and card for 8$.
What You all think about it...is it ok?

Thank You All,
Toni
Jan 27, 2019, 02:11 PM
Thread OP
Hi,

thanks for replying and helping me.
I tested motor and its ok.
I will buy a new ESC.
Any suggestion for 40/50Amps 2/4s marine ESC?

Thanks,
Toni
Jan 27, 2019, 03:30 PM
Just Plane Nutts
This should do: https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-...___store=en_us

Make set-up easier and get the programming card too: https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-...___store=en_us
Jan 28, 2019, 04:28 AM
Thread OP
Thank You
it looks god !!!
I will get it
Jan 28, 2019, 05:44 AM
Just Plane Nutts
Just remember to program it for forward only. Reverse is tempting, but not with this boat.
Jan 28, 2019, 12:40 PM
Resistance is futile
Hard to go wrong with a Turnigy ESC.

One other thing you will have to set is the motor timing. The majority of outrunners require a high timing setting, usually 25 to 30 degrees, while inrunner motors normally require a much lower setting, maybe 0 to 15 degrees depending on the wind. However, motors do vary and what works for one motor may not work well for another, so a bit of trial and error is sometimes necessary. Unfortunately even though I own this boat I have no clue what the ideal timing for that particular outrunner motor should be.

If the Turnigy has an auto timing setting it might be best to try that. If the motor makes funny noises or goes out of sinc or stops try a slightly lower timing.
Last edited by Capt'n Crash; Jan 28, 2019 at 12:56 PM.
Jan 29, 2019, 04:25 AM
Thread OP
Hi
Thx all for guiding me and helping allot
I will not program it to go in reverse but I will do some brake changes.
And it is outrunner so I will follow this guide for setting it.
Maybe I will go for 4s but not now, it is very fast for me maybe in future with more experience in driving it.

Thank You all !!!
Toni
Dec 02, 2020, 09:54 PM

Binding the boat

How to bind the boat with the remote?
Dec 03, 2020, 06:24 AM
Thread OP

Hi

After losing bindings with volantex ESC and remote I have disassembled it and found no physical switch like on others ESC (there is outside on plastic body of ESC button but it does not push anything, no switch no contacts nothing there...) and remote to initiate binding.
I have searched forums and everywhere but none of the described procedures to bind worked for me.
I have also noticed that in the manual I have a guide that said I must push a button on the remote to initiate bindings, but that button is missing as I said above..and upon inspecting the motherboard of electronics in the remote I didn't find any post/location/connectors to make one.
Up today I didn't solve the issue.
I have simply gone with a new remote from Spectrum 2.4GHz..paid for ESC and remote for around 40$ and since then I have no issue and I also have a noticeably longer range than before.
Never had lost bindings since installing it.
Dec 17, 2020, 12:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirDOGGe
Good point. I missed that. Boats with flex cable drive do not and cannot use reverse, else the outer layer could unravel and bind in the tube.
The Sonicwake36 does. I do not use the reverse though for the reasons you stated.
Last edited by seadaemon; Dec 17, 2020 at 12:26 PM.

Quick Reply