Jul 18, 2019, 09:07 AM
if you set PIDs close to 0, it acts like motor to throttle...
to remove ads between posts
Jul 18, 2019, 11:29 AM
I'll try that. In the mean time, I tried 300mah and measured temperatures. Results are: 250mah batt is from 40 to 45 degrees celsius, and 300mah is around 40. Motors vary from 35 to 40. I made one agressive and one moderate session so lower values are from slow flight and higher from fast turns, dives and flips/rols and lot of rapid 180 turns.
Hm...
Jul 18, 2019, 03:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverAG
I'll try that. In the mean time, I tried 300mah and measured temperatures. Results are: 250mah batt is from 40 to 45 degrees celsius, and 300mah is around 40. Motors vary from 35 to 40. I made one agressive and one moderate session so lower values are from slow flight and higher from fast turns, dives and flips/rols and lot of rapid 180 turns.
Hm...
all green imho
Jul 19, 2019, 12:46 PM
Just tested with PIDs lowered to min (0 or 0.4) - result is pretty the same - battery is equally hot but motors are a bit cooler - 30 and below. I also noticed lot of buzzing sound and visible vibrations on VTX antenna (it touches frame because I tied it to a frame to prevent damage - and it shakes!). Looks like there is some vibration problem + weak batttery...
Need to check props - maybe they are unbalanced and causes this... but board is softmounted and VTX is softmouted too and should not be affected with vibrations... hm...
Jul 20, 2019, 09:01 AM
New report
Props (one and only 40mm whoop set I've got with tiny7 frame and only 40mm I have ) are pretty unbalanced! I balanced them but I still have vibrations and I noticed why - both CW props (I'm using "props-in" configuration) have angled hub!? Not much, but it is clearly visible - when they slow down they wiggle, while CCW props are straight... To exclude possible bent motor shafts, I also tried them on 720 boss build where I use hubsan props without problems, and I see horrible jello there and also wiggling of both props...
So, if someone can recommend decent 40mm props for 1mm shaft and 720 motors, would be great...
Jul 21, 2019, 03:41 PM
Quote:
New report
Props (one and only 40mm whoop set I've got with tiny7 frame and only 40mm I have ) are pretty unbalanced! I balanced them but I still have vibrations and I noticed why - both CW props (I'm using "props-in" configuration) have angled hub!? Not much, but it is clearly visible - when they slow down they wiggle, while CCW props are straight... To exclude possible bent motor shafts, I also tried them on 720 boss build where I use hubsan props without problems, and I see horrible jello there and also wiggling of both props...
So, if someone can recommend decent 40mm props for 1mm shaft and 720 motors, would be great...
My number one for years: Walkera Ladybird props
Jul 21, 2019, 06:14 PM
banggood had them in stock a few months ago... cheap
Jul 22, 2019, 02:01 AM
I have few sets - but they are 55mm and not 40mm so they can't fit inside tiny7 frame...

I found some HQprops 40mm with 1mm shaft.. I don't like 31mm version of these, but 40mm version has a bit different pitch on blades so maybe they are OK... I'll see when they arrive.
Jul 23, 2019, 04:37 AM
Quote:
I have few sets - but they are 55mm and not 40mm so they can't fit inside tiny7 frame...

I found some HQprops 40mm with 1mm shaft.. I don't like 31mm version of these, but 40mm version has a bit different pitch on blades so maybe they are OK... I'll see when they arrive.
oop, overread the 40mm requirement. Probably worth trying to trim them if you already have them laying around
Jul 23, 2019, 08:40 AM
Challenge accepted using this board and some worn out motors and props
lol.

IGOW entry powerloop myself with a whoop (0 min 45 sec)
Jul 23, 2019, 10:01 AM
Nice, what PIDs did you use? I couldn't get my Beecore Lite 720 build to powerloop without hitting the ground, but am on the default BWhoop PIDs due to the NFE PIDs being wobbly indoors.
Jul 23, 2019, 11:29 AM
Nfe pids with my own rates.

716 19000 insane motors on a betafpv 65 V2 frame.
Jul 24, 2019, 09:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nigelsheffield
Nfe pids with my own rates.

716 19000 insane motors on a betafpv 65 V2 frame.
So last night I tried the 65mm Beecore Lite build I had on hand, and it could flip but not really power loop. Went back to the 2s brushless I've been building up this week for the IGOW entry. Had burned a vtx flying it Sunday. It's using those cheap Eachine 1102s that were on sale a few months back (or a year now?) and a CrazyBee Pro V2. Caught fire on the first crash. Parts still stink; had to leave them outside. This the week after I lost my favourite 2.5"! Those dirt cheap motors have cost me three boards so far! Do I try a 12A board or just throw in the towel on brushless whoops...

Anyway, time permitting my final attempt (4th whoop just to get an IGOW entry!) will be a 65mm running an AlienWhoop Zero and the Boldclash 19000 motors, both of which I've been stockpiling for just such an occasion. Have to build it up and flash it etc though, nevermind figuring out the trick, so not looking promising.
Jul 24, 2019, 10:59 AM
Those burning out ESC on the FC are a worry, I guess the 1102 motors just pull too much current in a crash ....
Might be better with the 12a ESC FC as there is more headroom.
Brushed is defo a safer bet all round though, and it's cheap!
Jul 24, 2019, 12:14 PM
Droning on.
Those 1102s seem to draw a lot when they get caught and you don't disarm within a second. I got one caught on the carpet when I was doing it's first hover test and it burnt the 4in1. Break on stop in Blheli seems to have no effect.

Quick Reply