Thread Tools
Jan 23, 2019, 09:10 AM
nigelsheffield's Avatar
Thread OP
Discussion

Jumper R1 frsky compatible 16ch redundancy and telemtry reciever.


https://m.xt-xinte.com/Jumper-R1-Rec...r-p571738.html

Anyone heard of this before or know anything about it?
Seems like a good deal if it works properly,
Full range and telemtry etc for $10.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jan 23, 2019, 09:31 AM
Sagitta Fanboy
It's nice to see one of the 3rd party makers actually doing D16, instead of the usual cheap D8 crap.

That said, I wonder how close the design is to the XSR...Wouldn't be shocked if it's able to run FrSKy firmware given Jumper's track record for simply re-laying out other folks designs and calling it something new.
Jan 23, 2019, 09:36 AM
nigelsheffield's Avatar
Thread OP
If it's d16 and a copy though I'm worried it might have problems?
If it's all same firmware etc as frsky and reliable I'd buy some for my quads.
I've messaged xt-xinte about it maybe they can shed some light on the subject , I might just get one to try.
Jan 23, 2019, 09:42 AM
Sagitta Fanboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by nigelsheffield
If it's d16 and a copy though I'm worried it might have problems?
If it's all same firmware etc as frsky and reliable I'd buy some for my quads.
I've messaged xt-xinte about it maybe they can shed some light on the subject , I might just get one to try.
You're probably better off messaging Hobby Porter, as they are Jumper.

I doubt it's actually FrSky's firmware on it, but I wouldn't be shocked if you could load XSR firmware to it.
Jan 23, 2019, 09:53 AM
nigelsheffield's Avatar
Thread OP
Thanks for the heads up, I'll do that.
Jan 26, 2019, 05:03 AM
Registered User
Let's see how long wait until someone jump with that stupid PXX patent claim...
Because PXX is actually a mirror of IBM HDLC, that became ISO standard since 1979...
Jan 26, 2019, 07:56 AM
nigelsheffield's Avatar
Thread OP
I have ordered one , you know , for science lol!
No response hobby porter, maybe some one who has connections with them can ask?
Jan 26, 2019, 11:31 AM
Sagitta Fanboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by renatoa
Let's see how long wait until someone jump with that stupid PXX patent claim...
Because PXX is actually a mirror of IBM HDLC, that became ISO standard since 1979...
Irrelevant to a receiver, which doesn't speak Pxx.
Jan 28, 2019, 02:22 PM
FA3PR9WM79
Oldgazer's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by nigelsheffield
I have ordered one , you know , for science lol!
No response hobby porter, maybe some one who has connections with them can ask?
Hobby Porter is a B2B (Business to Business) distributor. They don't talk to us lowly end users...
Jan 28, 2019, 03:07 PM
nigelsheffield's Avatar
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldgazer
Hobby Porter is a B2B (Business to Business) distributor. They don't talk to us lowly end users...
Shame, still, I guess I will find out if it's any good when it arrives.
I have been using xm+ mostly in my small quads but lacks telemtry ( really needed with osd so not been a problem ), if this is reliable and good range it's a bit cheaper with more features.
Apr 07, 2019, 01:31 PM
Registered User
TheGuv's Avatar
I just received two of these. Build quality looks good.
Cannot bind to my Taranis, maybe I need EU firmware since my radio is flashed with EU. Google failed me. Anybody else?
Apr 07, 2019, 06:49 PM
Sagitta Fanboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGuv
I just received two of these. Build quality looks good.
Cannot bind to my Taranis, maybe I need EU firmware since my radio is flashed with EU. Google failed me. Anybody else?
yep, that's the issue. non-EU D16 won't bind to EU D16.

As to whether or not there's EU firmware available, that's a crapshoot.
Apr 08, 2019, 01:06 AM
nigelsheffield's Avatar
Thread OP
I doubt you will get EU firmware for it,

Try it in d8 mode and see if it works otherwise it will need none EU fw on your tx.

I'm never did one to try out, I use international fw on my txs , I don't fly at clubs etc so prefere to keep it more compatible with all the FC etc that have receivers built in.
Apr 08, 2019, 02:16 AM
Registered User
same price as the XSR, same job ?
Apr 08, 2019, 02:56 AM
nigelsheffield's Avatar
Thread OP
Looks about same, difference when I opened this thread was it was $10.....it's listed as $15 now so not much point.


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Jumper T12 OpenTX 16CH Radio Transmitter for Frsky JR Flysky -- Free Reviewing BGKevin Radios 609 Jan 06, 2020 11:03 PM
Discussion FrSky Redundancy Bus and Pixhawk compatibility mattogodoy Multirotor Drone Electronics 0 Mar 28, 2017 03:32 AM
New Product iRangeX RX16 16CH Compatible Receiver S-BUS CPPM for Frsky X9D X9E X9DP X12S nitbeat Radios 3 Sep 25, 2016 12:25 AM
New Product iRangeX RX16 16CH Compatible Receiver S-BUS CPPM for Frsky X9D X9E X9DP X12S reviewdroneworld Multirotor Drone Electronics 0 Sep 23, 2016 07:15 AM