Waz
John will have to respond to your idea.
Mart
to remove ads between posts
Apr 26, 2019, 05:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilotman56
Mart,
Evidently our GPS logger does not record in IGC format. Our tech guy needs some assistance from someone knowledgeable about converting or can you recommend a logger that uses the IGC format?
Thanks,
Rex
There is a free program called G7TOWIN that will convert most proprietary formats to an igc format. I have it on my computer and may be able to convert your file to an igc format. Also, the "TraceGPS.com website noted in the previous post appears to convert many types of files. What type of file does your gps export to?

John
Apr 28, 2019, 08:10 PM
Martin
Thread OP
Guys the long range forecast is looking good for all three days. Practice day Friday looks like light winds and getting into the 80's. Saturday and Sunday are looking good. Sat will be the hottest with Temps to the high 70's and Sunday cooler. Both days show light winds early with the breezes starting to pick up around 2-3.
Looks like a great weekend for XC!
Mart
Apr 28, 2019, 08:12 PM
Martin
Thread OP
Don't forget to bring your AMA card(s) for all pilots.
Mart
Apr 29, 2019, 08:47 AM
Who Has It Better Than US?
Quote:
Originally Posted by XC soaringpilot
There is a free program called G7TOWIN that will convert most proprietary formats to an igc format. I have it on my computer and may be able to convert your file to an igc format. Also, the "TraceGPS.com website noted in the previous post appears to convert many types of files. What type of file does your gps export to?

John
John,

Thanks for your input. I passed this info on to Kurt, our tech/navigator. I’m sure he’ll figure it out.

Rex
Apr 30, 2019, 09:17 AM
Who Has It Better Than US?
Mart,
We plan to arrive at the field early afternoon on Thursday. Can we set up our own winch for some practice flights?
Rex
Apr 30, 2019, 11:00 AM
Martin
Thread OP
Rex
Yes you can.
One word of caution to all teams. Our access road goes by the park host's trailer. The road is not paved so you will create dust if you drive too fast.
Please drive 5 MPH or less in that area.
Also the host will close the main gate at Sunset.
Mart
May 01, 2019, 01:40 PM
Mart... looks like Spicer and I will be able to make it.

-Tiltman
May 01, 2019, 02:40 PM
Martin
Thread OP
That is super news. Glad you two are able to join us.
Let me know if you need a third hand, I might be able to locate a SVSS member who wants to get involved in some XC.
Mart
May 01, 2019, 03:20 PM
Thanks much.

- Richard
May 01, 2019, 09:46 PM
Martin
Thread OP
Teams,
I need the name of the team captain and his AMA number. Please PM that info to me.
Mart
May 01, 2019, 11:35 PM
Below is a message from RC Electronics regarding the multi 2 used with the T 3000. If you plan on using one for this contest please try to update the firmware / the message below:

We would like to inform you that we published new version for RC Multi 2. It can be found here: https://www.rc-electronics.eu/downloads/firmware/

Fix in this version is wrong date and time for GPS due to 2nd GPS epoch.

Some of RC GPS moduls are already effected and some will be later but this new version form Multi 2 will handle and fix it correctly.

Please update your Multi 2 to have correct date and time of flight recorded in logbooks and also on GPS triangle correct date and time of start for scoring.
May 02, 2019, 09:19 AM

Which Update?

Hi John,

It isn't really clear on that page which update applies to the T3000.
The one T3000 file that is there was updated in 2017,
The first two files updated today don't seem to apply.
That leaves the "Multi 2" file which was also updated today, May 2, Is that the one we need ?

Mike
May 02, 2019, 11:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThermalSeeker
Hi John,

It isn't really clear on that page which update applies to the T3000.
The one T3000 file that is there was updated in 2017,
The first two files updated today don't seem to apply.
That leaves the "Multi 2" file which was also updated today, May 2, Is that the one we need ?

Mike
Mike, it is the Multi 2 update.

John
May 03, 2019, 11:18 PM
Master of the Wind
We are short one if anyone wants to fly with us. Working the rolodex

Quick Reply