This thread is privately moderated by onewonders, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jan 22, 2019, 04:17 PM
Build Fly Crash - Start Again!
Thread OP
Discussion

What's in my Timeline

Oh I have plans. Big plans. Lots of planes to build. I have lots of wood - thanks Captain! (and slow_flier).

Right now I am rebuilding the Shockwave. This is the build log - https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...inger-s-design
I've had officially 3 maidens, but four crashes. The 3rd crash was really it lifting off the dolly that I was testing - the wind picked up and threw it off the dolly. The fourth crash was weird. The takeoff was smooth, at about 40 feet it flipped over on its back, did a quick 90 degree to port at 3 feet from the ground and crashed into our field fence. The wing was torn off. So was it the plane? Me?
To verify if it was me or not I bought an ARF of a T-28 1.2m size with flaps. So I can fly it but I have crashed it four times, trying odd things.

Next on the list is the Harvard that I started in 2016. I had to stop. This is an old plan, heavily build and beyond my abilities. However I have a few #11s under my belt now so I will get back onto this build. First I am rebuilding the wing from the beginning. So many compromises were made, that it can't be right. The fuselage will be dremelled out. Super thick heavy wood used - gonna lighten this as best as possible. It was designed for gas, but this will be electrocuted. This one will be modelled to the one my father-in-law flew in as a passenger.

I have a Proctor Enterprise Nieuport 28C kit; bought opened, never built. This will take 3 years or so.

Two Dehavilland Vampire short kits. Long story on that one - ordered the short kit and plans from the UK back in June 2018. Short kit arrived with no plans. I contacted the company, they assured me that the plans would be sent immediately. Two weeks later another box! of WOOD another short kit! NO PLANS. So I contacted them again, they assured me again that they would send the plans. Two months later still no plans. Contacted ppl on the rcgroups if anyone had the plans. Someone sent me the front page of the magazine that had the plans. The image inset showed the plans. I had the plans! I had downloaded this set in 2016. So now I had the plans, printed them on a wide roll inkjet printer, took them home - wait a package was waiting for me. It was the original plans from the UK. Now I have 3 sets of plans, two short kits and a beer.

I have plans for a Spitfire, PT-19, Grumman Hellcat, Brewster Buffalo, BAE Hawk - let's see how I get through this list.
Doug
to remove ads between posts
Jul 03, 2019, 06:29 PM
Build Fly Crash - Start Again!
Thread OP
Adding to the list is a STOL cub from RCM&E June 2019 this should be a quick build so starting it in July 2019

Quick Reply