Jan 22, 2019, 10:03 PM
iumop ap!sdn w,I
Quote:
Originally Posted by LanceMc
Does this mean there will not be the 57" Extra that was discussed earlier?
I remember reading about a 4s version, is that what you’re referring to? I hope it’s still in the works. I have power systems from my 57” Extra and 59” Slick that may need a home some day.
Latest blog entry: Canola Huckin'
to remove ads between posts
Jan 22, 2019, 10:27 PM
Certified Wingnut
Quote:
Originally Posted by G.P.
I remember reading about a 4s version, is that what you’re referring to? I hope it’s still in the works. I have power systems from my 57” Extra and 59” Slick that may need a home some day.
Yes, I am (was) looking forward to the 4S version.
Jan 22, 2019, 10:40 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LanceMc
Yes, I am (was) looking forward to the 4S version.
Change the motor/prop to a one that has the proper KV for 4S..the plane doesn't make the difference.

SteveT.
Latest blog entry: My shop....
Jan 23, 2019, 09:41 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregertman
Chris is there a 50 cc Slick, Extra or somthing else in the 3D 50cc class coming anytime soon?
Yes Greg, in the works.
Jan 23, 2019, 10:31 AM
Not that it matters but what color are the SFG's on the red, yellow, blue and silver scheme?
Jan 23, 2019, 10:54 AM
Chris if you know, how does this new EF Extra compare to the 3DHS 61" Extra ?
Jan 23, 2019, 11:04 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by r/cdawg
Not that it matters but what color are the SFG's on the red, yellow, blue and silver scheme?
Dark Blue
Jan 23, 2019, 11:17 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach3
I really don't have enough time on that model to make an accurate comparison.
Jan 23, 2019, 12:17 PM
out to have fun
Quote:
Originally Posted by EXTREME FLIGHT
Yes Greg, in the works.
Glad to hear still in the works.
Jan 23, 2019, 12:59 PM
Team Extreme Flight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach3
I can't answer for the Boss, but I can share my own experience. I only had one flight on a borrowed 61, but I did like it. From that limited exposure I compare it more to a big SHP and the 60" EXP is more like a big 48" EXP. They are sort of alike except the 61 is more 3D trainer-like and the EXP is more aggressive, more precise, and doesn't give away much in the stability and ease of flying department. The EXP is a tiny harder only because it's got so much performance on tap, but that's easy to tame with prop selection. I'm guessing you could fly it on your old 61" 4s power system and it would be a pussy cat.

Choosing between the two? I would say that would depend on if you preferred the SHP or the 48" EXP. Each certainly as it's place.

If you had a 61, moving to a 60" EXP will be a seamless, easy transition, and now stability systems are so good any differences in ease of flying have been close to erased. Right now I have nice V1 EXP equipped with an Aura, and that's my flagship. I can almost fly that plane in my sleep because it is so locked in, and I expect that will be even better when I get around to putting some ProModeler DS110 servos in it.

I will probably have to build a V2 so I can keep up!

Also, the new lighter and stronger construction makes the new EXP a better plane than any Extra which proceeded it. The self aligning stab alone makes this worth the build, and the quality of construction is years ahead of anything I have ever built. My V2 Slick was so nice that I spent a full day admiring it before I could bring myself to work on it, and I am sure the Extra is at least as nice. I think if you get a 60 V2 you will love everything about it and probably won't miss your 61".
Jan 24, 2019, 02:22 PM
Team Extreme Flight
The 60" Extra has always been my flagship and I simply love it. However, since I have one that is in near perfect shape and totally dialed in, I am agonizing because I don't absolutely need another one. Still, with the V2w construction and the beautiful new scheme, I might be facing the inevitable.

The picture below is taunting me and I am turning the couch upside down and looking for change under the seat of my car. I've got a set of DS110 on the shelf and a nice Pilot X that needs a home, so I am about halfway there. Should know in a day or two if I can pull it off.

Last edited by Doc Austin; Jan 24, 2019 at 04:05 PM.
Jan 24, 2019, 04:42 PM
Team Extreme Flight
Showing as "in stock," so let the feeding frenzy begin!

https://extremeflightrc.com/60-Extra...ue_p_5607.html
Jan 25, 2019, 12:00 AM
Mine will should be here Monday

dont know when I will have time to get started building it
Jan 25, 2019, 12:19 PM
Team Extreme Flight
Maybe Tuesday on mine. I was late ordering because I wanted everyone else to have a shot at one first, but also because I've got nowhere to put it. I'm going to have to go out today and crash something to make space!

I've been flying my blue V1 for about four years and it's been a wonderful plane. Lately I put an Aura in it and took it to another level, which makes it hurt to have to let her go. Here is a look back at how much fun I have had with her...................

(9 min 26 sec)

BTW, Extreme Flight has a limited number of the V1 still in stock, which might be your last chance. https://extremeflightrc.com/60-Extra...ite_p_440.html
Jan 25, 2019, 06:34 PM
3D Sunset Flier
Well, I haven’t been this excited about a plane since my last EF/3DHS bird. 😎👍🍺

What a beauty!

Quick Reply