Feb 13, 2019, 02:39 AM
Störung des Forenfriedens
Thread OP
Last edited by 1boho; Feb 15, 2019 at 01:55 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 13, 2019, 03:18 AM
Störung des Forenfriedens
Thread OP
Contact Christian Lucas by name through pm. He has the Co2 turbine (green arrow) and the device to heat the gas in his Co2 plane toybox if you want a resistojet.
Last edited by 1boho; Feb 26, 2019 at 04:41 PM.
Feb 13, 2019, 10:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1boho
"
I am interested in the active cooling you posted about in the High Performance forum. Can you explain how you use servos to meter the release of gas, and the mechanism used on the threaded gas bottles?

I am actually interested in using it for micro-cold gas RCS thrusters on an advanced model rocket, rather than primarily for cooling. But I am interested in using it to cool FPV and battery gear on an RC testbed I'm using as well."

Thanks,
Eric

Hi Eric for the test bench use this and meter it with the bottle valve. You activate it by energizing the 12 volt solenoid's coil. For proportional mount the servo to a suitable turn valve and replace the pot in a 555 timer based servo saver with a thermistor scaled to your liking. If you have any more questions pm me and Ill give all the assistance I can. You can refill the bottle with Co2.

Thanks for you interest.
1B.

Thank you for the information! Finding suitable valves and solenoids is the biggest issue for me. I had the same issue looking for actuators for a swing-wing concept.
Feb 13, 2019, 10:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1boho
For the rocket cooling project look up the work with ferrofluid by nasa. I love high powered rocketry as well but were on to hybrid power versus r candy now.

Check Pappel's work.

Attachment 11686491

TTYL
1B.
I will look into this.

Be careful, even mentioning R Candy can get you in hot water on some rocketry forums, unless you're in a private sub-forum that requires level 2 Tripoli certs to access, LOL. They don't want the peasants accessing dangerous technology.

The aforementioned rocket will eventually be powered by KNER, after thrust vectoring tests are completed using an EDF fan and then a few dozen commercial D motors.

I find it interesting that the biggest challenge in high level rocketry is actually... programming.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 05:29 PM
1boho
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Trolling (Obnoxious behavior).

Quick Reply