Sep 20, 2019, 11:10 PM

Ptern

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptern
Check for bent feathering shaft, main shaft. Any of these bent will send vibs to the gyro and even the K110 gyro (the best) can't handle it and will give tail spin.
Trust me, I have lots of these loss of tail control due to bent FS & main shaft. At lower HS, the vibration is much lower, however, as soon as you bringing up the HS, then kaboom.... tail spin would comes on.

That's why I went and use the tarot 450 tail assembly for the head on the K130. No FS is required and as a bonus it has thrust bearings to reduce radial tension off the grip bearings.
So how do you get rotor head dampening if you don't have a FS
to remove ads between posts
Sep 21, 2019, 12:13 AM

Stay away from HV batteries

Guys,

I have been reading about HV batteries and testing GNB HV 2s 650mA batteries. I am now reckon the HV has shorter life span and
requires special HV charger. I have charged my 650mA HV up to 4.35v/cell but the capacity is only up to 550mA. By comparison between
my normal GNB 2s, 450mA and the new GNB HV 2s 650mA, there is no different in size and weight. I believe the cells are identical but they just add additive to boost cells volts from 4.2v to 4.35v. So I am not going to buy any HV batteries for now.

This led me to these batteries, they are cheap but are they fake product? Seems to me the fake one is shorter in length.
Has any one bought from this store and tested these batteries?

store: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3299...c00sm5VqE&mp=1
Sep 21, 2019, 12:36 AM
Slideways at warp speed.......
Thread OP
If they all have the same serial number..,,, I’m betting these are the fakes like what I received, lucky if they are 500mah.
Last edited by kiwi_craig; Sep 21, 2019 at 12:50 AM.
Sep 21, 2019, 10:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NX-687
So how do you get rotor head dampening if you don't have a FS
"head dampening", what is that? Just kidding... No I don't need head dampening. The K130 main blades are wide and heavy enough plus I use the K110 gyro board so the rotor head is very stable. I can take my hands off the radio for 10 or more seconds in hover, idle up at 80% throttle.
Sep 22, 2019, 04:18 AM
Bash crash hopefully no splash
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptern
.... I believe the cells are identical but they just add additive to boost cells volts from 4.2v to 4.35v. ....
Really, think there's an additive?

Don't know if you've looked at the following thread but it has excellent info on battery testing. The guys are very much into EDF jet flying so are running 10-12S 5000mAH and more with around 3 minutes of flight -serious amps!! Anyway they are very technical with their testing and a while ago had determined that many of the HV packs are exactly the same just rebadged. The better production may be selected for HV labels, but it seemed that many were identical. Of course with the greater mAH stored it provides another point of difference i.e. it must be different because it fits more electrons inside... Basically many abtteries are capable of being charged to 4.35 volts but it shortens their lifespan. if you charge them to 4.20 you'll get a lot more cycles, charge them to 4.00 and you'll get heaps more cycles but a lot less excitement.

Anyway an excellent thread. These guys provide honest and thorough testing that slices through all the BS label claims....https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...st-Comparisons
Sep 22, 2019, 08:23 AM
Here is a description of HV lithium batteries.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lithium_polymer_battery

look under "High-voltage cells with silicon–graphene additive" heading.
Sep 23, 2019, 03:49 AM
Bash crash hopefully no splash
Graphenes have been around for a while as 4.2V cells and it seemed that some of the HV's have just been relabelled 4.2V packs. Sorry but I'm overly cynical when it comes to battery claims, much of which give you the impression you're getting a lot more than what is really inside the wrapper....
Oct 01, 2019, 03:23 PM

Blade clip problem resolved

[2.47]4PCS XK K130 RC Helicopter Parts Main Blade Clip Bearing RC Parts from Toys Hobbies and Robot on banggood.com
https://banggood.app.link/U9ZxZ3jkr0
Oct 06, 2019, 10:59 PM

Dual Main Gear Mod

All glued and wired together and ready to test. Don't really need the wire, but you never know what could happen. This is my second dual gear and the process is getting easier and better. Got to brush out the teeth and will install it.

Ric...
Oct 07, 2019, 06:43 PM
wow.... 3s on a k130 rocks.... what a beast...

Quick Reply