Sep 13, 2019, 07:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptern
Nah, I've never bought any K130 (either BNF or Full). I bought parts to put a few together. All bunch of metal servos I ordered, none of them have enough grease in the gears, especially the metal gears.

see post 1626

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...9#post42301435
Nice! How much was the total cost of the whole kit?

At the moment, trying to decide between K130, MCPX BL2, and 150S. I absolutely love my k110; however, would like to have a 2S micro in the fleet. Even though I use 450mah HV Gaoneng batteries, k110's performance significantly decreases after about 1.5 minutes of flying... I guess, that's the limitation of 1S helis in general.

Generally speaking, I had good experience with XK, the only downside was slightly worse quality of spare parts compared to the parts installed on heli out-of-the-box (i.e. quality of plastic and molding: main gears and tail motor holders required additional filing to fit). Inexpensive parts is big advantage over BL2 and 150S. "Why 150S?" - you might ask. Well, I already have twelve 450mah 3S batteries for it which I use in my micro fpv quad
Last edited by Wrecking Ball; Sep 13, 2019 at 07:51 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 14, 2019, 08:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne Moyer
I have a question for those who have been flying this heli for a while... Assuming a stock BNF remains uncrashed, can I expect it to last at least a few months before it needs any upgrades, or would I expect to need to start replacing parts from day 1? (is it better out of the box than the k120?)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrecking Ball

At the moment, trying to decide between K130, MCPX BL2, and 150S. I absolutely love my k110; however, would like to have a 2S micro in the fleet. Even though I use 450mah HV Gaoneng batteries, k110's performance significantly decreases after about 1.5 minutes of flying... I guess, that's the limitation of 1S helis in general.
You would be lucky not to have some electronic component fail within the first 50 flights. This heli is for those who like modding and are competent at it. The K120 is even worse in terms of durability and reliability. However the tail seems to hold better than the K130.

I gave up after flying 85 flights and spending over $200 in spare parts. In contrast, I spent less than $20 in spare parts after flying the same number of flights on my Blade 150s. Not only is the 150s much more durable and reliable, it flies much better as well. Based on my past experience with the mPCX BL, I doubt it will be as durable or reliable as the 150s.
Sep 15, 2019, 02:38 PM
Slideways at warp speed.......
Thread OP
after months of no flying, no nothing but working..... fixed both K130's last night, new skids, main gears, new driveshaft and feathering shaft, tail boom etc........ phew........... both airworthy. and it will be at least 5 weeks before they will see any airtime minimum....... cause I'm on vacation end of the week for 3 weeks then a week offshore for work again....... just the way it is......... was nice to run both these guys up briefly, main thing is they are both reassembled ready to go, whenever that might be..... maybe November !
Sep 15, 2019, 04:20 PM
Regexistentialist

Blade 150 S!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw
... Not only is the 150s much more durable and reliable, it flies much better as well. ...
Your comment led me over to the 150S thread. After reading the entire thread, (and all the mostly glowing reviews), I just ordered one!

I hope its as good as you say!

(I've given up on waiting for a "no-mods-needed" K130 V2...)
Sep 16, 2019, 03:06 AM
Thread OP
yup the 150S looks like a nice rig, has me tempted, but the OMP M2 has me hooked !
Sep 16, 2019, 03:27 AM
Bash crash hopefully no splash
What's wrong with one of each?!
Sep 16, 2019, 04:22 AM
or 2 of each?
Sep 16, 2019, 03:42 PM
Sir Crashalot
I'm still waiting for someone to confirm that the k130 factory has fixed the issues with the pinion (make it tight) and main motor mount (make the screws removable using common tools).
Sep 16, 2019, 05:35 PM
awww so sorry for your loss......I was just browsing the fourm about servos for the k130 then I came across your tribute video once again sorry for your loss
Sep 16, 2019, 07:41 PM

Crash proof mod

To crash proof my Xk130 I just leave it in the box in repaired condition.
Sep 16, 2019, 11:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kauaiguy
How about create a K130 SIM model and fly it using the SIM. It would cost 0$ of parts...
Sep 17, 2019, 04:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi_craig
yup the 150S looks like a nice rig, has me tempted, but the OMP M2 has me hooked !
The M2 has a bl tail motor, not sure if it is going to work with auto-rotation like the SAB Comet ̣(belt driven tail) ?
Sep 17, 2019, 04:44 AM
Heligamist
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kauaiguy
LOL .. I leave mine on the shelf looking "purdy". It's had a few hovers is all and a 2S tail motor installed.
Sep 17, 2019, 02:12 PM
Thread OP
none of this small stuff can do an auto properly, just to small etc. the OMP looks like a real little rocket is the main thing and has a tough looking build and decent components. About the only thing that will get toasted easily is the CF skids by the looks......
Sep 17, 2019, 09:26 PM
I have a reply from GNB regarding to the HV, 650mA, 2S batteries. They reckoned, to get full charge of 650mA, the batteries need to be charged to 4.35v per cell.
Since my charger only charges to 4.2v, I have charged them up to only 4.2v/cell with the total charged was 465mA/cell.

Will charge them to 4.35v/cell tonight and then do the discharge test to see if it is true.

Perhaps anyone with a HV battery & HV charger can chime in?

Quick Reply