Jan 11, 2005, 07:36 PM
Thread OP

What gear do you use?

Hi iīm waiting for my brushless from Novak ss5800 and iīm thinking what gear the guys used. I used pitch 48 and a have a 24 with a 93 gives me a good gear for the track over here with a 14 turn doble Reddy. Now since iīm changing meed some help do i keep this gear whith this pitch? What do you guys used?
to remove ads between posts
Jan 11, 2005, 11:20 PM
STeve B in NC
I just use the stock spur/pinion with the Novak, and all my b/l setups. The only change in gearing I've used has been to the final drive, with different sized rear sprockets.
Jan 12, 2005, 03:05 AM
15 or 16 pinion, 67 spur, kit sprockets, 32dp

John
Jan 12, 2005, 06:28 PM
Thread OP
Thatīs the stock spur/pinion is it 32dps? I made some changing on my bike sheīs not more large than my bateries this way a can turn realy fast and i made some changings and put 24 whith a 93 for this track in portugal but i used 48dps.
http://www.crap-rc.com/outras/foto_pista.jpg
This way a fill the bike more free and smooth and doesnīt make any noise at all the problem is some times the spur lost some theeth so maybe an thinking of putting the 32dps again.By the way a have a electric bergunzoni old one all strached up a will ask a friend of mine to put some pictures were.
Thanks.
Jan 12, 2005, 06:45 PM
A few of us tried 48dp, very quite, but as you say, the teeth don't last long. I'm sure everyone at Skipton now uses 32.
Can you post a link to the track's website? It looks fantastic!
Thanks

John
Jan 13, 2005, 12:18 PM
Thread OP
Here it is John
http://www.crap-rc.com/
But itīs Portuguese.
Jan 13, 2005, 12:59 PM
Thanks Kavajas,
yeah, Portugese is not my strong point at the moment!

Rather unfortunate name though eh??

John
Jan 14, 2005, 07:21 AM
Thread OP
You bet it is a rather unfortunate name i made it up this way i donīt have anyone whith the same name when i register.
Were can i buy the spur? Did you make some modificacions on the suport of the spur or do you used the one on the bike? Were can i get this the spur and the suport?
Jan 14, 2005, 07:35 AM
http://www.formbymodels.com/ have the spurs, true 32 dp, fit straight on to the Nuova Faor carrier with no alterations. Get 15 to 17 teeth pinions to fine tune.

I meant the name of the track. You do know what crap means in english?

John
Jan 14, 2005, 10:26 AM
STeve B in NC
But do you know what kavajas means in Portugese, John?
Jan 14, 2005, 03:40 PM
Thread OP
Thanks for the link.
CRAP in english i now what it means but in Portugese is for Club of Radio Automobile of Portugal more or less.
Buy the way kavajas doesnīt mean anything in portugese i really make it up.
Jan 14, 2005, 03:51 PM
Thread OP
That link you send me didnīt see the spur online only 2 bikes and some extras.
How can i buy it they donīt have online shop.
Jan 15, 2005, 03:24 AM
Sorry Kavajas, they must have changed the site since I last looked. Send e mail; [email protected] They have 65 & 67 teeth spurs.

John
Jan 15, 2005, 07:39 PM
Thread OP
I send 2 emails didnīt received a response. Do you remenber how much did you bought it? in euro?
Jan 16, 2005, 04:11 PM
Thread OP
Hey John what kind of glue do you put on your tires? I tried the super glue and when i press the tire the glue pop all off and the tire goes of the wheel.

Quick Reply