Feb 11, 2019, 01:07 PM
Back to Boats
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Morgan
Hi Barrett,
Yeah, be good to meet up. Glad you can make it. I think you'll like the crowd and field.

I called America's Best. I think they saw through the alias, best I could get was $69/night, Tues to Monday. But at least I do
have a reservation now.

Woody,
Got your room for SEFF yet?

J
I've had this weird doppleganger feeling about you for a while- we're always building the same planes as each other. Even before I knew who you were!
to remove ads between posts
Feb 11, 2019, 02:57 PM
EB-66C Team Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenseaships
I've had this weird doppleganger feeling about you for a while- we're always building the same planes as each other. Even before I knew who you were!
What can I say...... great minds.

J
Feb 11, 2019, 05:10 PM
Foam abuser!
I remember a conversation we were all having a few years ago about how DAP changed their spackle formula and it didn't sand very well because it had primer in it. I saw this on the shelf at Home Depot and thought I'd give it a try. I'm happy to report that it sands very well, just like the old stuff, and takes polycrylic and paint well.

Pat
Feb 11, 2019, 05:50 PM
Back to Boats
Pat have you tried that pink stuff that dries white? I've been using that and I wonder if this is better?

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Morgan
What can I say...... great minds.

J
I will say that if I end up building that EA-3B it will be because I keep looking at your avatar pic!
Feb 11, 2019, 06:04 PM
Foam abuser!
The pink stuff (called DryDex) has primer in it I think and doesn't sand well for our use (works great patching nail holes in drywall though). This stuff sands into a very fine powder, even when using 120 grit paper. Then with 400 and 800 grit it gets super smooth.

Pat
Feb 11, 2019, 08:55 PM
EB-66C Team Member
Barrett,
Don't ever remember seeing an A-3 at any fly-ins. Pretty sure Chris Golds designed, built and flew one in the UK. I'd like to see you build one.

Pat,
Good catch on that spackle. I've gone to using the Ace Hardware cheap generic brand, don't think they charge enough for it to include primer into it. But I hedge my bets with a sprinkling of Durham's in it too.

J
Feb 12, 2019, 01:37 PM
Back to Boats
Quote:
Originally Posted by crxmanpat
The pink stuff (called DryDex) has primer in it I think and doesn't sand well for our use (works great patching nail holes in drywall though). This stuff sands into a very fine powder, even when using 120 grit paper. Then with 400 and 800 grit it gets super smooth.

Pat
Been sanding ok for me but I use power sanders

Next time I'll try the other stuff and it will probably be easier.
Feb 12, 2019, 04:48 PM
J........made reservations yesterday. I messed up and mentioned your name and they charged me $79.00
Feb 12, 2019, 04:52 PM
woody... you gonna get or bring a wildcat to join in on the wildcat gaggle fun this year?
-beanie
Feb 12, 2019, 05:37 PM
EB-66C Team Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by W. X. Davis
J........made reservations yesterday. I messed up and mentioned your name and they charged me $79.00
I posted awhile back in my A-1 thread about talking to the manager at the Days Inn(Priscilla) to get the $69/night rate. She originally quoted me $79/night too. I would call her and tell her about that rate, I did tell her we would have several coming.

And where the hell is Justwingit? He's disappeared! C'mon John, you coming to SEFF? I know, wrong thread.

J
Feb 12, 2019, 06:16 PM
Foam abuser!
He missed AEF too, said he was busy with work.

Pat
Feb 12, 2019, 07:00 PM
J............I was speaking of America's Best in St. G.

Woody
Feb 12, 2019, 09:05 PM
EB-66C Team Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by W. X. Davis
J............I was speaking of America's Best in St. G.

Woody
Ah, I misunderstood. But remember, you have to speak to them in a command voice to get a better rate.
The guy I spoke to gave me $79 too and I told him how we come out every year and stay there. He said he could give me the best rate
on the computer which was $69.
I guess you'll just have to eat a double breakfast....... if you can handle it.

J
Feb 12, 2019, 09:18 PM
J.............I'm willing to bet mine will be $69.00 before we leave.

Beanie..........hadn't thought of it.

Woody
Last edited by W. X. Davis; Feb 12, 2019 at 09:25 PM.
Feb 12, 2019, 09:23 PM
EB-66C Team Member
Hell, we'll gang up on them.

J

Quick Reply