Sep 18, 2019, 01:09 AM
flew out to denver this morning and met up with george. we started our drive over. stopping in dillon, co for the night. we’ll do the big push tomorrow and get there by evening.
we had to catch a flight before starting the drive. we were losing light fast, so just some umx close in. george humored me to allow me to continue my current streak of 47 straight days of rc flying😬
-beanie
to remove ads between posts
Sep 18, 2019, 06:16 AM
Classic jets rule
Nice...47 days wow!...soon to be 50
Sep 18, 2019, 08:53 AM
Parkcityflier
Got in late yesterday. My planned 7 hour drive turned into almost 10 with delays enroute but I’m here. J, Hank and I would like to join you all at the Chuck tonight if you are doing it. See you at the field.

Jim
Sep 18, 2019, 01:15 PM
Back to Boats
Beginning to load up now. And even charging some batteries!

The shock of losing the He. 111 last weekend has made me a bit paranoid. So yesterday I threw together a SECOND Brewster Buffalo in case the first one crashes before the gaggle!

Maybe I can even let John fly one of them!
Sep 18, 2019, 06:25 PM
EB-66C Team Member
Have fun, guys!

Try not to over eat at Chuck.....yeah right!
Sep 18, 2019, 07:20 PM
Classic jets rule
Thanks T...its hard but somebody's got to do it.
Brent new F-18
Sep 18, 2019, 07:24 PM

The Mesa View

From left to right, Jim (parkcityskier), Al (rossaer) Al's Lovely Bride Niki, Jim's friend Hank and the ever faithful Ty the wonder dog!
From the mesa overlooking the Remote Possibilities Flying Field.
Last edited by rossaer; Sep 18, 2019 at 09:32 PM.
Sep 18, 2019, 07:45 PM

On the Way!

Made it to Kingman, AZ today, 610 miles from El Paso, TX. Got to Phoenix so early in the day that I decided to push on. That drive on 93 from Wickenburg to I-40 goes through 3 kinds of desert and over two mountain ranges. Spectacular scenery! Gusty winds in the mountain passes and on I-40 into Kingman kept me on my toes. I'm pooped! Should be an easy drive tomorrow though. If I get in early enough I'll go look for the field.

CR
Sep 18, 2019, 07:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley38
Made it to Kingman, AZ today, 610 miles from El Paso, TX. Got to Phoenix so early in the day that I decided to push on. That drive on 93 from Wickenburg to I-40 goes through 3 kinds of desert and over two mountain ranges. Spectacular scenery! Gusty winds in the mountain passes and on I-40 into Kingman kept me on my toes. I'm pooped! Should be an easy drive tomorrow though. If I get in early enough I'll go look for the field.

CR
Kingman to St George is not a bad drive except for the canyon where traffic is restricted to one lane in some places for bridge construction.

I went down there to pick up a jet I'd bought from a guy and we met in Kingman so I've been over the road.
Sep 18, 2019, 08:09 PM
Battery Puffer
I know some of you guys know I own dinogylipos.com
I'm not bringing packs to sell but if anyone is interested I will bring packs that you want. I'm leaving Vegas Friday mourning so let me know before then. Looking forward to this event. I will be bringing my F-82 mustang and a Tam jets F-16.
Sep 18, 2019, 08:37 PM
Jealousy is rearing it's ugly head.

Woody
Sep 18, 2019, 08:58 PM
Foam abuser!
Quote:
Originally Posted by xplaneguy
Have fun, guys!

Try not to over eat at Chuck.....yeah right!
Too late!

But after 2 nights in a row of Chuck, I told John we need to go to Cracker Barrel one night.

Downloading Wednesday pics now, will post up a choice few.

Pat
Sep 18, 2019, 09:24 PM
MarkF,

Glad to hear your coming out. I'm actually trying out a couple of your batteries this weekend.

al
Sep 18, 2019, 09:33 PM
Dont forget the velcro straps
Quote:
Originally Posted by W. X. Davis
Jealousy is rearing it's ugly head.

Woody
Wish you were here woody!
Sep 18, 2019, 09:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeb
Kingman to St George is not a bad drive except for the canyon where traffic is restricted to one lane in some places for bridge construction.

I went down there to pick up a jet I'd bought from a guy and we met in Kingman so I've been over the road.
Any tips on getting thru or around Las Vegas?

CR

Quick Reply