Sep 15, 2019, 10:37 PM
Classic jets rule
Finished my main squeeze mine has gator skin too. So early morning ,late afternoon flights and must park in shade
to remove ads between posts
Sep 16, 2019, 08:41 AM
Still Screamin'!
I have that one too Rodger! Not that scheme though. Love the way it flies. If you guys come to AZ Electric we can fly them formation
Sep 16, 2019, 10:15 AM
Classic jets rule
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvincent
I have that one too Rodger! Not that scheme though. Love the way it flies. If you guys come to AZ Electric we can fly them formation
that would be fun for sure.
Sep 16, 2019, 06:11 PM

St. G

A beacon of.......well Im not sure what kind of beacon it is but it sure does call out!
Sep 16, 2019, 06:20 PM
Foam abuser!
Got most of the packing done. Crammed everything into the Pilot, so no need to bring the trailer. I'll be headed out tomorrow morning. See you guys then!

Pat
Sep 16, 2019, 06:33 PM
EB-66C Team Member
We made it to Flagstaff. Got in about 1700 Tucuncari and St. George time, 1600 Flagstaff time. I guess AZ doesn't believe in daylight savings time, go figure.
Hans is tired still, trying to adjust to 8 hour time diff. My butt is tired from sitting in that damned truck and pretty well sore all over. Every year gets tougher it seems.
But we will head up to St. G in the morning, taking our time as we don't plan to stop at the field, just check in at the motel. Maybe whomever is there can join us for supper. Should be in by middle of the afternoon.

J
Sep 16, 2019, 07:12 PM
Dont forget the velcro straps
Dang pat! Coming nice and early this year!

Al..great pics!!!!

Gramps...good luck on the last leg tomorrow! i took the day off to get all my stuff ready and finish my f18 lol
Sep 16, 2019, 08:29 PM
Foam abuser!
Brent, yeah, got tired of missing out on all the pre-event fun. Not so this year!

John, I should be in no later than 5pm St George time, possibly earlier since I'm not dragging a trailer this time. Would like to hook up with you guys for dinner.

AZ is smart, no messing with DST. Never have to worry about changing the clocks. Now if only the rest of the country would get on board!

Pat
Sep 16, 2019, 08:56 PM
EB-66C Team Member
Yeah, I agree. Changing is stupid, doesn't help farmers or school buses. So why do it?
Supper sounds great Pat. Jerry( justj) is going to join us too.

J
Sep 16, 2019, 08:56 PM
Parkcityflier
J and Hans, looks like your drive has been pretty nice with the weather. My first day out on my drive has been very strong winds and heavy rain showers. At least I only have to drive two days but I hope that the weather is better in St. George.

Jim
Sep 16, 2019, 09:19 PM
Foam abuser!
So it's been a few years since I've driven to Vegas from Phoenix. Looking at the map, it looks like they finally have the I-11 bypass around Boulder City open (between the dam and Vegas). Now I won't have to drive through Boulder City. Should take another 15 minutes off the drive time. And I-11 joins right up to I-515 which is the east Vegas bypass.

Pat
Sep 16, 2019, 09:25 PM
EB-66C Team Member
That makes it much easier Pat, BC can be a at times.

Jim,
We have been fighting wind the last two days, and I mean strong winds. Also had a bit of rain about mid morning. I'm sure Arizonians were thrilled.
I certainly hope the winds don't blow like this at St. G or nothing will be flying. But we did have very nice temps with the cloud cover, maybe topping out at 82 or so. very pleasant day except for the wind.

J
Sep 16, 2019, 09:31 PM
EB-66C Team Member
I just checked 10 day weather for St. G. They are under a Red Flag Warning until 0400 MDT Tuesday. High Wind Warning.
It also shows pretty good winds Wed & Thurs.

J

Quick Reply