Aug 22, 2019, 05:30 PM
I can understand that.

This group of guys is very open in welcoming any new participants.

There is never a dull moment! And, so much flying and great camaraderie.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 24, 2019, 07:45 PM
EB-66C Team Member
Well, the event is in Sept, it's already late August. You there yet Al???

J
Aug 24, 2019, 11:34 PM
Dont forget the velcro straps
Lolololol!!!
Aug 26, 2019, 11:49 AM
" You there yet Al???"
Halfway.......
Aug 27, 2019, 10:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Morgan
Well, the event is in Sept, it's already late August
J
Made a reservation for Sept. 19 thru the 22nd at Am Best. John, do you drive to Las Vegas and double back a little to St. George ? The reason I ask is that Mapquest recommends going north of the Grand Canyon thru Page, AZ. I've been thru Page on my way to Bryce Canyon NP, many years ago. Anything to recommend that route?

CR
Aug 27, 2019, 04:31 PM
EB-66C Team Member
You know Charley, I've been several ways. Believe it or not, it's almost the same for me to go through LV and up to St. G, according to Google. Of course by the time we get there I'm so tired of driving that it seems like 1,000 miles longer.
Last year I wasn't paying attention and Garmin took me through the Nat'l park, that costs another $20.
I've been through Page too, Colorado City,etc.
Once I get the trip planned out I'll post here but can't promise it will be the best for you.

J
Aug 28, 2019, 06:15 AM
Hi John,
Iím gonna try to make it out to St George next month. Hopefully bring something to fly and make some new friends.

Paul
Aug 28, 2019, 10:36 AM
EB-66C Team Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by ps2727
Hi John,
I’m gonna try to make it out to St George next month. Hopefully bring something to fly and make some new friends.

Paul
GREAT! I'm sure you will enjoy it Paul and the guys will enjoy you and your aircraft too!
Looking forward to seeing you again.
My, my, this is going to be some kind of gathering this year. All the stars are starting to align.

J
Aug 28, 2019, 01:24 PM
Thanks J!
Time for a little R and R..........
Aug 28, 2019, 02:34 PM
Back to Boats
Quote:
My, my, this is going to be some kind of gathering this year. All the stars are starting to align.

J
Yeah, like Tony Accurso!
Aug 28, 2019, 05:55 PM
Quote:
You know Charley, I've been several ways. Believe it or not, it's almost the same for me to go through LV and up to St. G, according to Google. Of course by the time we get there I'm so tired of driving that it seems like 1,000 miles longer.
Last year I wasn't paying attention and Garmin took me through the Nat'l park, that costs another $20.
I've been through Page too, Colorado City,etc.
Once I get the trip planned out I'll post here but can't promise it will be the best for you.
J
I live just a couple of miles from exit 505 on I-10. My easiest route would be I-10 west to Phoenix, then US 60/93 to Vegas & I-15 to St. George. I've made that drive from El Paso, TX thru Phoenix on the way to SoCal quite a few times. It's a boring southwestern desert drive all the way once dropping off the Edwards Plateau. A prettier drive but further is to go north to I-40, east of Albuquerque and go west on I-40. Still wind up driving across the deserts though. I just wondered if anyone had driven the route north of the Grand Canyon.

CR
Aug 28, 2019, 06:12 PM
Foam abuser!
Yeah, 10 to Phoenix and then 60/93 to Vegas is probably your "easiest" option. And if you want to bypass all the through-town traffic on 60 in Phoenix, stay on the 10 all the way west past Goodyear, then take the Loop 303 north to pick up the 60.

Pat
Aug 28, 2019, 07:36 PM
EB-66C Team Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley38
I live just a couple of miles from exit 505 on I-10. My easiest route would be I-10 west to Phoenix, then US 60/93 to Vegas & I-15 to St. George. I've made that drive from El Paso, TX thru Phoenix on the way to SoCal quite a few times. It's a boring southwestern desert drive all the way once dropping off the Edwards Plateau. A prettier drive but further is to go north to I-40, east of Albuquerque and go west on I-40. Still wind up driving across the deserts though. I just wondered if anyone had driven the route north of the Grand Canyon.

CR
Charley,
I don't know what I was thinking about but going through Vegas would cost us several hours and probably a lot of $$$$.
I've driven that route before, pretty drive but tough with a 7x16 trailer. Hans and I will probably stay in Flagstaff Monday evening and then go north Tuesday, take 89 on up to go through Zion Nat'l Park. It's beautiful, Hans will take 10,000 pictures but it will save on my passenger side window motor because once he puts it down he will never put it back up!
It's only about 5 hours that way, by far the easiest time of the trip traffic wise. We'll have breakfast and just meander up that way since we can't check in much before 1500 and I think we gain an hour at that.

J
Aug 28, 2019, 07:52 PM
Back to Boats
Quote:
Originally Posted by crxmanpat
Yeah, 10 to Phoenix and then 60/93 to Vegas is probably your "easiest" option. And if you want to bypass all the through-town traffic on 60 in Phoenix, stay on the 10 all the way west past Goodyear, then take the Loop 303 north to pick up the 60.

Pat
Yes the importance of avoiding driving through Sun City CANNOT be over-emphasized.

In fact, going out to the 303 at 70mph is probably much faster than going through Sun City at 35.
Aug 30, 2019, 12:14 AM
Capt. Z
Oh I did it now.....I just placed an order for a Wildcat for the Wildcat gaggle this year.....Ohhhhhh Yeeeahhhhh It's Gaggle time!!

Quick Reply