Jan 19, 2019, 10:59 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Motors spin up faster after hard landings.

Iím a bit concerned. When in Acro/Rate mode and I make a rougher landing, for instance if I drop throttle a foot or so off the ground and it lands a little hard the motors start to speed up at idle. Almost to the point where my quad starts moving off the ground a few centimeters.
Anybody have this problem before? And is there anyway to stop it? Iím flying the SPAN F4 AIO Tower from GEPRC. Dshot600.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 20, 2019, 12:42 AM
Can you disarm the quad when that occur? if so, when you arm back again still the problem persists?
Jan 20, 2019, 02:24 AM
If it flies, I can crash it.
Check to be sure you don't have AirMode enabled.
Jan 23, 2019, 11:06 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsquad
Can you disarm the quad when that occur? if so, when you arm back again still the problem persists?
Once I disarm and rearm it goes back to normal idle.
Jan 23, 2019, 11:07 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketsled666
Check to be sure you don't have AirMode enabled.
I actually do have air mode on. I been told itís better to use air mode than idle up.
Jan 23, 2019, 03:45 PM
Thread OP
After looking thru the web I guess it’s a normal issue when using air mode. Had no idea but I guess the trick is to disarm right before touchdown. Total noob here.
Jan 23, 2019, 10:54 PM
If it flies, I can crash it.
Yeah. I generally fly to about where I want to land, hover down to relatively close to the landing surface, and then hit DISARM and let it drop.
Jan 24, 2019, 02:42 PM
Thread OP
I disarmed before landing today after each pack and it worked perfect.

I also learned that if you donít disarm before you bellyflop it makes a terrible sound compared to disarming before it hits the ground. Makes it seem like a hit a lot harder than it really did.

Quick Reply