This thread is privately moderated by Slider2732, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jan 19, 2019, 01:06 AM
Storm Runner guy
Thread OP
Discussion

Any of the old 2 channel planes to 2.4GHz

Totally forgot to post the upgrades to the Santa Quad airplane firmware!

It's all based on the excellent Silverware code...my idea being to convert the drone TX/RX to be able to fly circa 2010 old classics, with modern 2.4GHz control.

Below are various flight demo's of the different firmwares.
The firmwares themselves are in the attached Zip folder and a HowTo set of instructions is included. Also, what the various code flashes will enable for a specific 'Style' as they're called.
Flashing is the same as for Silverware, however you currently flash works fine.
Included flashing instructions are mainly for Linux users, as that's what I run.
All safety's are still in place, such as throttle off with loss of signal, auto rebind, LVC.
An aircraft will bind at any angle, no need for a level surface.
The gyro is disabled, being that it can interfere with planes that have no dihedral or long wings (ask me how I found that out, as they say).
Range is up to 400ft, shown in the videos, everything is far better without 4 motors buzzing away next to the RX and when the antenna is pointing upward from the board.
Throttle on the left stick, ailerons/rudder/elevator on the right stick.

ITC Starscream conversion - Differential Thrust + ZTT
+ intro to the system:

Raptor vs Raptor - Bird attacks quad powered model airplane (4 min 54 sec)

Ailerons and Elevator:

AilElev - Santa RX (3 min 11 sec)

Elevons:

Santa RX - Elevons (3 min 31 sec)

Rudder:

Hydra rudder ! (2 min 11 sec)

Have fun!
Last edited by Slider2732; Jan 19, 2019 at 01:13 AM.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply