This thread is privately moderated by mintie, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jan 18, 2019, 11:05 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

gokart

Wow. Doesn’t time fly Over a year since last post and a lot has happened. Have been spending a bit of time with our eldest son and his gokart. In May last year pit crewed at Hampton Downs race way. Xmas we drove 1000k to a his place and worked on the kart . There was some fibreglass work to do on the new nose cone he uses for road racing. I bought it home with me after we did the glass work and I am now doing the painting on it
to remove ads between posts
Jan 20, 2019, 10:24 AM
Play that funky music right
LOVE Karts! I did a little circle track when I was much younger. I was never very competitive as i was to big and heavy. I was giving up 50 pounds to the kids that had to add 50 pounds. LOL Still had some fun! Always want to try a road tack but in my area there was none of that to be had.

I wish your son the best of luck in his racing career. Remember to have fun! When the fun stops it gets to be a weight on your shoulders.

Ken
Jan 21, 2019, 03:06 AM
Thread OP
Thanks Ken....Yes we have fun and he really enjoys it.....He had his first kart when he was 3 yrs old and driving when 4...kept it up into teen years then other things got in the road.
Back into it 7 years ago and now he is 40 yrs old and still enjoys it.
The road racing is one part he enjoys and it is fun there on race days helping out with pit work..
Most race days there is 8 kart races over 2 days inbetween other car events. Vintage/classic sports man,single seaters.etc
^6 big road meetings a year and the rest at the home track on sprint days.

cheers

Quick Reply