Jul 17, 2019, 06:02 PM
InJamNoOneCanHearYouScrea m
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by burke757
Wally, how do I get signed up for F3J with the AMA? Can I still sign up online or do you have to work some magic? I may also do F3RES. thanks!

-Randy Everly
Randy,

Register through this link:
http://shop.modelaircraft.org/dept.a...-8db8-3228874d

Still not to late. Glad you are coming! It will be great to see you and Brady time for each other again...putting the walking shoes on!

Wally
to remove ads between posts
Jul 17, 2019, 11:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimsoars
The Nats is an F3J Tour event (as it has been for years) and the registration fee there is a reduced tour event fee. Normally tour events are $85, but since the AMA has already collected funds the Tour fees was reduced.
Jim
Why is there an extra fee for the F3J Tour again? Where does that money go? I don't see an extra one for the F5J event.

Randy
Jul 18, 2019, 10:36 AM
The Mr. Rogers of RC soaring
Wally, can I get my daughter Katie registered for ALES and maybe also F5J? I tried calling last week. Never got to a person so left a voice mail. Never heard back.

Ryan
Latest blog entry: Supergee wing mount pylons
Jul 18, 2019, 12:00 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by burke757
Why is there an extra fee for the F3J Tour again? Where does that money go? I don't see an extra one for the F5J event.

Randy
Randy,
AMA - $50 samolians
Event Fee - $30 samolians
F3J Tour Event Fee - More samolians

I did not know about the last samolian fee...sorry. That's why F3J is so fun...you pay more!

WBG
Jul 18, 2019, 12:01 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdwoebke
Wally, can I get my daughter Katie registered for ALES and maybe also F5J? I tried calling last week. Never got to a person so left a voice mail. Never heard back.

Ryan
Ryan,
Please go through the AMA online website and register there: http://shop.modelaircraft.org/dept.a...-8db8-3228874d
Jul 18, 2019, 12:11 PM
Save the ALES.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wadasczi
F3J Tour Event Fee - More samolians
I see what you did there.
Latest blog entry: Some Thoughts on ALES vs. F5J
Jul 18, 2019, 12:27 PM
Quote:
Ryan,
Please go through the AMA online website and register there: http://shop.modelaircraft.org/dept.a...-8db8-3228874d
I couldn't figure out how to do that for Juniors. Unless it changed Juniors are free. I'll call AMA again.

Ryan
Jul 18, 2019, 12:36 PM
Fixing all my broke planes, planning menu, loading the truck, packing the trailer, changed solenoid on hot water heater in trailer (don't want to smell), and getting excited about the trip. Hope you guys get all this rule stuff and sign ups straightened out! Looking forward to seeing everyone!
Jul 18, 2019, 01:22 PM
Quote:
I finally got through and got her registered. Yolanda confirmed that there isn't a way to register kids via the website (FYI for anyone else that might be reading this thread).

Ryan
Jul 18, 2019, 07:10 PM
Randy,

No additional fee for F5J because it will not be a Tour USA event.

I was hoping it would be, considering it is for a National Championship, but from what I gather it will not be conducted under Tour rules.

Dave R.
Jul 22, 2019, 03:49 PM

F3J Tour Fee

The additional fee goes to support the team and pay for the Tour awards
Last edited by jimrmccarthy; Jul 22, 2019 at 03:49 PM. Reason: typo
Jul 22, 2019, 04:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimrmccarthy
The additional fee goes to support the team and pay for the Tour awards
I noticed that there are several people not registered on F3X that are registered at the AMA for F3J.
I wonder if they even know they need to register and form teams.

Doug
Jul 22, 2019, 05:08 PM
Save the ALES.
There are lists at f3xevents.com, the AMA site, and Wally's RCGroups thread, and they're all different.
Latest blog entry: Some Thoughts on ALES vs. F5J
Jul 22, 2019, 05:15 PM
Mr McCarthy will reconcile the lists soon as he has done for each Nats F3J for several years. He will contact all participants and ensure they are properly registered. He will also coordinate the formation of teams for anyone that did not plan for one. That is actually the hard part - ensuring there are enough pilots with equipment to divvy up the teams...

He knows what he is doing - it's not his first rodeo.
Jim (the other Jim)
Jul 22, 2019, 06:14 PM
im looking forward to this

Quick Reply