Jan 17, 2019, 12:22 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Arrma Voltage Discontinued

Why?

So I just ordered both a Granite and a Fazon for my son and I. Horizon has not shipped it yet.. and my local hobby shop is saying Cancel! I tried to order through them but they said they couldn't get it. tried to up sell me to the 4x4 Granite at 2x the price. .. now I'm confuse.d. I thought a granite was a granite.. but seem no parts will cross between the voltage units and the 2wd Granite Mega non voltage.

Will there still be parts for these cars in the next year, 2 years?

Please give me your thoughts.

Thanks
to remove ads between posts
Jan 17, 2019, 01:12 PM
The Mad Titan
Hobby shops can no longer order the Voltage vehicles or parts according to my LHS, and based on the lowered prices, they are indeed being fazed out (pun intended). Tower responded to a comment of mine on Facebook that they would continue to offer parts support moving forward, but like you said, who knows what that means?

And as you're finding out, while Arrma may give the same (or very similar) name to multiple vehicles, it doesn't necessarily mean that they are the same vehicle and share parts. The Granite Mega 4x4 and 3S BLX Granite 4x4 share some parts as the BLX is just an upgraded/more durable version of the Mega.
Jan 17, 2019, 02:21 PM
Have you seen my LVC?
Tower still has them in stock -

https://www.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...I=LXHBLBBL&P=0

One thing to remember, this is now a 2 year old platform, and Arrma tends to update their cars about every 2 years. Plus, the Voltage has some things about it that really need updating (fix the outdrives, add a slipper).

Another thought - they just last fall release the BLX version of the 4x4 trucks, and the Voltage line was release about the same time as the 4x4 Mega. And Arrma no longer has a 2wd brushless option. I'd bet there will be a Voltage BLX released soon (Q1 or Q2) with a small pile of upgrades. 2wd Granite, Fazon, and probably a Fury SCT.

That is my guess, anyway. No inside knowledge.

Quote:
Please give me your thoughts.
See if your local hoby shop carries ECX, and if they do, get a ECX AMP. It is a better truck than the Voltage, for about the same price (The Voltage regular price, not the the $99 fire sale price currently on the Voltage)

See also-
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...st-value-in-RC
Jan 17, 2019, 05:37 PM
Considering how relatively short-lived that vehicle line was, I'd be concerned about long term parts availability.

I was starting to recommend the Voltage line as a more affordable alternate to the 2WD ECX vehicles, but I guess I'm back to those as the best option.
Jan 17, 2019, 11:41 PM
Ah, are the Voltage the trucks I keep seeing advertisemented for as $99? Guess there is a reason for that lol
Latest blog entry: Life Updates :)
Jan 19, 2019, 12:39 AM
Is it me, or does it seem Arrma products have a short production life? Kind of worrisome considering the lawsuits against them and bankruptcy rumors they've been through.
Jan 19, 2019, 12:40 AM
The Mad Titan
Quote:
Originally Posted by axhole
Is it me, or does it seem Arrma products have a short production life? Kind of worrisome.
Which ones in particular?
Jan 19, 2019, 12:41 AM
Quote:
Is it me, or does it seem Arrma products have a short production life? Kind of worrisome.
Other than this series, what ones did? The 2 wheel drive brushless series they used to make (a 1/8 2wd brushless buggy I can remember for sure) did last a few years, but I believe it went out during the whole bankruptcy thing.

The rest of them have been around for a while...what ones are you referring to?
Jan 19, 2019, 12:45 AM
The Mad Titan
Quote:
Is it me, or does it seem Arrma products have a short production life? Kind of worrisome considering the lawsuits against them and bankruptcy rumors they've been through.
Dude, you're WAY out of touch with what's going on. Hobbico DID go through bankruptcy, which is now over (and the lawsuits with it). Arrma, along with other parts of Hobbico, were purchased by Horizon and are now back in full swing, which is why new models are being released finally.
Jan 19, 2019, 12:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC1138
Which ones in particular?
Off the top of my head:
  • DX10
  • FAZON
  • FURY
  • MOJAVE
  • NERO
  • RAIDER
  • VORTEKS

And now VOLTAGE to add to that list.
Jan 19, 2019, 01:04 AM
Eh, that is a list, but I'd challenge you to find a list of Losi or something similar that has been discontinued.

Why I like Traxxas, a truck from the what, 90s can use some parts from today and still work

Edit: just looked up some of those on the list. The Mojave has videos coming up in a search from 2012! That is 7 years ago...there are a heck of a lot of RC vehicles that were discontinued way since then.

And the Nero was not discontinued; that was the one with the Traxxas lawsuit if I remember correctly.
Last edited by Panhead5496; Jan 19, 2019 at 01:38 AM. Reason: List not lost
Jan 19, 2019, 01:22 AM
He asked for ONE in particular. I quickly posted 8 discontinued Arrma products including the VOLTAGE.

Quote:
I'd challenge you to find a lost of Losi
Team Losi was established in 1988. From my understanding they were never sued or filed bankruptcy.
Jan 19, 2019, 01:37 AM
Quote:
He asked for ONE in particular. I quickly posted 8 discontinued Arrma products including the VOLTAGE.

Team Losi was established in 1988. From my understanding they were never sued or filed bankruptcy.
He said "ones" lol, not one

Yes, I know they were established a long time ago. And no, I don't think they were sued. But both of those thing have nothing to do with the fact that they have discontinued cars at some point, just like Arrma did.

I don't know why we are still arguing over this lol, you seem to have something against Arrma and you never owned one. You make me sound like an Arrma fanboy, and I've never owned one. I like Traxxas, which Arrma guys consider heresy

But I think we need to quit going back and forth, as it's not getting us anywhere lol.
Jan 19, 2019, 01:54 AM
I'd buy an Arrma. In fact, I probably will when I get back from my trip in February. Can't right now since I won't be home. I like the style of the typhon out of all their RCs.
Jan 19, 2019, 07:32 PM
The Mad Titan
Quote:
Off the top of my head:
  • DX10
  • FAZON
  • FURY
  • MOJAVE
  • NERO
  • RAIDER
  • VORTEKS

And now VOLTAGE to add to that list.
What were their lifespans that you consider them to have had "short" lifespans? Besides Traxxas, which companies keep the same vehicles out forever? Even your Tenacity only came out about this time last year, and it's on the chopping block already given it's deep discounts (the entire line it seems). In any case, discontinuing vehicles to introduce improved ones is the name of the game.

ARRMA didn't go bankrupt. Hobbico, the parent company, declared bankruptcy. Arrma was one of the profitable brands under the Hobbico banner, which is why Horizon purchased it. No current lawsuits, and if their were, they'd be Horizons problem, meaning you should question Losi's viability as well.

Quick Reply