Sep 24, 2019, 08:18 PM
Been lurking in the background watching your build. Glad to see ya got it flying. Congratulations!!!
to remove ads between posts
Oct 15, 2019, 07:04 AM
scratchbuilder
Congratulations!
Nov 10, 2019, 10:13 PM
awesome job! congrats. coming across your thread and build has given me incentive to get back to my F-101 project that stalled out almost a decade ago. mine was a pusher, but seeing your twin EDF version has gotten me thinking about a redesign. thanks for the inspiration!
-beanie
Nov 10, 2019, 10:41 PM
Winters coming... Who do, you do, we all do love dat Voodoo!!! Have a couple of Dr. Mad Thrust 40mm EDFs. Sure would be nice in a F-101!!!
Nov 13, 2019, 02:22 PM
Can glue better than fly!
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by beanie
awesome job! congrats. coming across your thread and build has given me incentive to get back to my F-101 project that stalled out almost a decade ago. mine was a pusher, but seeing your twin EDF version has gotten me thinking about a redesign. thanks for the inspiration!
-beanie
Thanks, I have always liked the voodoo, and it was a fairly used aircraft for the military so i wondered why no company ever modeled it for RC.

Ever fly at Pilgrims? I've been there a couple times, it's a pretty nice field.
Nov 13, 2019, 02:35 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksqm
Winters coming... Who do, you do, we all do love dat Voodoo!!! Have a couple of Dr. Mad Thrust 40mm EDFs. Sure would be nice in a F-101!!!
I really want to see some one take a more "conventional" approach to make a voodoo, the way mine was made can't be duplicated unfortunately.
I have a couple flying videos on my phone, i just don't know how to get them to here.
Nov 13, 2019, 08:05 PM
spitfireski-
i haven't flown at Pilgrim's but i've heard it is a really nice field. i may have to join to get access for some of my jets that just don't take too kindly to grass.
to post your videos, you now have to upload them to youtube. then you post a link to the youtube video in your post here on rcgroups and it'll pull the video into your post.
what do you mean by a conventional approach for building?
-beanie
Nov 15, 2019, 09:04 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
spitfireski-
i haven't flown at Pilgrim's but i've heard it is a really nice field. i may have to join to get access for some of my jets that just don't take too kindly to grass.
to post your videos, you now have to upload them to youtube. then you post a link to the youtube video in your post here on rcgroups and it'll pull the video into your post.
what do you mean by a conventional approach for building?
-beanie
By conventional i mean from the ground up, something that could be built from plans and normal building materials.
Nov 15, 2019, 09:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfireski
By conventional i mean from the ground up, something that could be built from plans and normal building materials.
ah. you mean something like this?
i started this about a decade ago and never got around to building it. i had the parts cut out. one of my beta builders successfully built and flew it and i never got around to posting the plans on the original thread. but it is a pusher. after seeing your awesome build, it has lit the fuse for me to go back and redesign the plans for EDF. right now i'm working on converting my MiG-23 swing wing plans to EDF. then i'm gonna tinker with retrofitting my MiG-25 design for EDF but probably not redo the plans for it. then i plan on getting back to the Voodoo.
-beanie
Nov 15, 2019, 09:26 PM
here are a couple shots of my beta builder's work using my plans. agriebel did an awesome job. he built 2. the first one crashed i think due to esc problems. 2nd had been flying great last i heard.
-beanie
Nov 15, 2019, 09:48 PM
If I may ask, would you happen to have a non-tiled plan?
Nov 15, 2019, 10:56 PM
hey ksqm,
i don't want to hijack spitfireski's thread. i'll post a set of untiled plans on my original thread:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...Voodoo-Parkjet

now back to the original programming
-beanie
Nov 16, 2019, 12:08 PM
Nice beanie! 63 inches, that'd be a great size, bigger flies better!
Nov 16, 2019, 04:27 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
here are a couple shots of my beta builder's work using my plans. agriebel did an awesome job. he built 2. the first one crashed i think due to esc problems. 2nd had been flying great last i heard.
-beanie
That thing looks friggin awesome!
I like having mine be edf but my flight times are essentially less than 3 min. when the pusher should at least double or triple that. Does yours have landing gear? I would see prop strikes being a real problem unless using a really small prop.
If I was to do a foam board version, it would be a larger hand launcher swinging a big old prop. I think i could have a lot more fun with that kind of setup.
Nov 16, 2019, 11:51 PM
yep ed, i've learned the long way, that bigger really does fly better, or at least easier
spitfireski- i agree, EDF is the way to go at least for the looks and the sound. i haven't built mine yet. i had the parts cut out. i was planning on basically hand launching and belly landing. the pics are from agriebel's beta build from my plans. he also did a belly lander.
-beanie

Quick Reply