Jan 17, 2019, 03:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fentonflyers
Sounds like you had a hand in this one Gary? That custom motor winding business is all you... Very much looking forward to my pre order!
Say Fenton this is a good plane for you as you have the skills to do it justice.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 17, 2019, 03:49 PM
Rabid Rabbit
It looks sweet. This should sell fast. the slightly smaller wingspan makes it easier to keep together in the car rather than putting the wing on and off.
Criticisms: I would rather the battery hatch was topside. I see the battery door is removable rather than hinged, the same as the Valiant. I hope Horizon will sell replacement hatch covers.
Jan 17, 2019, 03:58 PM
Oh God. Why even have ailerons. Just make the whole wings pivot . why everything is made for 3d most people don't fly 3d. at least around here. Oh wait I know because they buy stuff like this and think they will be able to just fly 3d and when they crash they can sell more parts. LOL
Last edited by kenstick; Jan 17, 2019 at 05:41 PM.
Jan 17, 2019, 03:58 PM
Lifetime Member
My pre-order is in. Now to find some 4 cell battery packs. I would imagine the battery bay is the same dimensions as the Timber 1.5 meter.
Jan 17, 2019, 03:59 PM
Just a suggestion: yet another sized Timber or similar, a tad below the new 250 gr limit, kind of double the weight of the current UMX.
That would be great as it would stand more windy conditions than the current UMX, yet still small enough for backyard flying and without legislation concerns.

Again, congratulations on this new baby !
Joao
Last edited by joao; Jan 17, 2019 at 04:16 PM.
Jan 17, 2019, 04:24 PM
34 years of flight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PookaHat
It looks sweet. This should sell fast. the slightly smaller wingspan makes it easier to keep together in the car rather than putting the wing on and off.
Criticisms: I would rather the battery hatch was topside. I see the battery door is removable rather than hinged, the same as the Valiant. I hope Horizon will sell replacement hatch covers.
yeah I am not a fan of bottom battery door either. that was one thing on the Vailent i didn't like
Jan 17, 2019, 04:47 PM
I heart EDFs!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenstick
Oh God. Why even have ailerons. Just make the who wing pivot . why everything is made for 3d most people don't fly 3d. at least around here. Oh wait I know because they buy stuff like this and think they will be able to just fly 3d and when they crash they can sell more parts. LOL
The hate is strong today!
Jan 17, 2019, 04:59 PM
Boost rules!
Yeah - why even bother to show up & post in a dedicated 3D plane thread if you don't like 3D??? 100% illogical & idiotic.

Joel
Jan 17, 2019, 05:10 PM
Got my lhs to drop an order for me. This looks to be a fun all rounder park flyer for sure.
Last edited by bailbonds; Jan 17, 2019 at 05:21 PM.
Jan 17, 2019, 05:32 PM
I like it , so besides flaps and STOL capabilities what would be the difference in flying characteristics between this and the new Extra 300 3D ? Would the Extra fly faster is that it ? I was looking at the extra 300 as my next plane now I'm confused !
Jan 17, 2019, 05:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalecheek1
Say Fenton this is a good plane for you as you have the skills to do it justice.
No more than you Dale. Just more space to do it in. If I go to Nall this year I'm gonna swing by and grab you on the way. Provided they finally took that cuff off that is...
Jan 17, 2019, 06:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_am_mark_evans
Who needs a Ultimate when you could have a Timber +2, Timber duo, Timber whateveryouwannacallitwithtwowings, then there will be the Night Timber, then the Carbon Z Timber, then the Timber S (for sailplane) to go with the big Carbon Z and a all foamie aerotow set up......(but seriously Jason, as a sailplane fan, give us something new, better than the Radian pro and no leds)

Ok I’m getting carried away.

Can’t wait to get the Timber X in the UK, looks proper fun!
I’m waiting for the EDF Timber
Jan 17, 2019, 06:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fentonflyers
No more than you Dale. Just more space to do it in. If I go to Nall this year I'm gonna swing by and grab you on the way. Provided they finally took that cuff off that is...
LOL Good one...Am on SS so it will be several months while i save up for one
Jan 17, 2019, 06:36 PM
34 years of flight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker
Yeah - why even bother to show up & post in a dedicated 3D plane thread if you don't like 3D??? 100% illogical & idiotic.

Joel
people always have to complain about something.. Cut the rates in half on high rates and even lower on low rates and it should fly like a trainer. it has SAFE so in that mode it wont even 3d.
Like we need more trainer type planes over 3D they are a ton of us 3D pilots around
Jan 17, 2019, 06:41 PM
Count me in! Darn-it!

Quick Reply