Jun 28, 2019, 12:26 AM
pg 15 in manual shows that setup.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 29, 2019, 03:20 PM
weird, my page 15 shows how to set up a ar636. I did end up figuring it out though.
Jun 30, 2019, 02:02 AM
Advanced model setup is for any 6 + channel rx........
Jun 30, 2019, 11:42 PM
The very first thing i did was set up my lemon rx using page 15 instructions. It did not work. After going over the lemon manual again and using different channels i was able to figure it out. So no its not for every rx
Jul 01, 2019, 07:29 AM
Any spektrum rx......
Jul 01, 2019, 10:28 AM
If it Works, You Better Fix It
Think that's why they call it a LEMON ?

Bill S.
Jul 01, 2019, 10:49 AM
For only 30 bucks more for BNF, it doesn't make sense to buy the PNP version of the plane.
Lemon stabilizer RX's are good & I have some, but they are not as good as the Spektrum stabilizer RX's.
Jul 01, 2019, 12:32 PM
I could only find the pnp in stock. It flies great with the lemon, no complaints.
Jul 02, 2019, 03:22 PM
30 yrs. Of Aircraft flying!
Well guys i finally got to fly a Regular Timber and a UMX Timber over the weekend at a flying event, I guess its true what folks say a Timber is a Timber, is a Timber. lol
the normal size Timber flew well this one didn't have the AR636 in it, the guy flys Taranis, I could feel it didn't have the AX3S on it but flew good, it lacks the huge rates of the Timber X, and rolls very very slow. but loops nice and flys slow. he also had the slats on his.

the umx Timber i was able to do rolling circles with it, snap rolls, and inverted. it fly good, I kinda regret not ever picking one up but still wish they would come out with a UMX Timber x.

Put 5 more flights on mine over the weekend, did some night flying with it.
Jul 11, 2019, 01:27 PM
Bad maiden....

Takeoff, fly it around. It felt a little tail heavy but I had the steel stab spar in for the more aft CG. Did multiple touch and goes and it rolled almost uncomfortably fast at speed on high rates with the flaps mixed in for roll. Snaps were amazingly quick too.

From level flight about 60’ up I did a snap roll at full power in level flight on high rates. My expectation was a horizontal blender. It did one, the nose dropped through and it plummeted straight into the ground with only the slightest hint of pitch control. I am 98% certain it was one of two things found in the post mortam inspection.

1) the elevator pushrod was loose from the servo horn. It is affixed with a setscrew. A Z-bend would prevent that, and could be reasonably done with my zbend pliers.

2) the elevator halves were disconnected at the joiner in the middle. They should have been mechanically linked. Glueing them together would prevent this. Either that, or a screw.

Either of the above could have caused the crash, or be crash damage, but it is almost certain it was one of either.

The airframe is totaled, but I may buy a replacement airframe minus the RX, but am still undecided. The plane seemed like a FunCub on steroids.
Jul 11, 2019, 02:40 PM
Sorry for your loss. My TimberX also went down, but with minimal damage on maiden. I also think the elevator connection was not fully tight. I am in the process of replacing both the elevator and rudder servos with more powerful units which will have z bends. Don't know yet about the wing servos.
Jul 12, 2019, 08:11 PM
30 yrs. Of Aircraft flying!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPilot
Bad maiden....

Takeoff, fly it around. It felt a little tail heavy but I had the steel stab spar in for the more aft CG. Did multiple touch and goes and it rolled almost uncomfortably fast at speed on high rates with the flaps mixed in for roll. Snaps were amazingly quick too.

From level flight about 60í up I did a snap roll at full power in level flight on high rates. My expectation was a horizontal blender. It did one, the nose dropped through and it plummeted straight into the ground with only the slightest hint of pitch control. I am 98% certain it was one of two things found in the post mortam inspection.

1) the elevator pushrod was loose from the servo horn. It is affixed with a setscrew. A Z-bend would prevent that, and could be reasonably done with my zbend pliers.

2) the elevator halves were disconnected at the joiner in the middle. They should have been mechanically linked. Glueing them together would prevent this. Either that, or a screw.

Either of the above could have caused the crash, or be crash damage, but it is almost certain it was one of either.

The airframe is totaled, but I may buy a replacement airframe minus the RX, but am still undecided. The plane seemed like a FunCub on steroids.
ouch that sounds awful.. I do not know, they are many many planes out there that the two elevator halves go together the same way the Timber X does. My Cap 232 from flex a much bigger plane 63"ws goes together like that. when i first seen it on my mamba 10 I questioed it too, but it simply seems to work well.

now those servo and push rod connections with the set screw we have done that for many many years, but some of those seem to hold better then others.
I took mine out and put blue loctite only way i trust them.. Z bends would work but then you would have zero adjustments... I hate the way the rod connected to the control horn on the surface. now doing a Z bend there would be better. but ive flown mine the way it is..
Sometimes a servo jitters but it still flys fine.. still my fav plane.. I keep waiting to see what new exciting thing will come out. cause i know soon as i buy a back up timx they will come out with something else.
Jul 13, 2019, 09:53 AM
Come on Spring

Timber X

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPilot
Bad maiden....

From level flight about 60í up I did a snap roll at full power in level flight on high rates. My expectation was a horizontal blender. It did one, the nose dropped through and it plummeted straight into the ground with only the slightest hint of pitch control. I am 98% certain it was one of two things found in the post mortam inspection.

Just out of curiosity, where was the throttle when it was coming straight in? I had almost the same thing happen with my Revolver a couple of years back (straight in from about 100 feet, no elevator response) and my linkage was fine, all indications are the servo was ok (was working fine post crash). Iíve come to believe the windmilling propeller with zero throttle (electric motor) was blocking airflow to the elevator. I now make sure I apply a little throttle when recovering from slow speed maneuvers to ensure I have some airflow over the elevator.
Jul 13, 2019, 12:08 PM
Uh, OK
Jul 15, 2019, 10:40 AM
Gbullman, I think what Clive is trying to say is, that seems pretty unlikely. While yes, prop wash will definitely give you more response on the control surfaces it is washing over, and the windmilling prop off power will increase drag slightly, it won't be anywhere near enough to blank out the elevator. If your elevator surfaces are moving correctly, the only reason you wouldn't have response is if you had no forward airspeed, and no prop wash. Your problem with the elevator is likely something else.

Quick Reply