Jun 08, 2019, 05:17 PM
Rick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Blandford
Looking at the "linker" via the link you posted, I notice one of the customer files shows a 5K6 resistor added as a pullup on the output signal. Maybe you need this.

Mike
Since I'm not in a hurry, I just ordered one of those "King Kong" linkers that someone said earlier worked OK. Thanks anyway. I'll probably be back when that doesn't work either.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 08, 2019, 06:15 PM
Team WarpSquad [ L ] Learner
I'm not really following this closely, but could the FrSky STK be used as a Linker for this.
Jun 08, 2019, 06:28 PM
Rick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Too Many Toys
I'm not really following this closely, but could the FrSky STK be used as a Linker for this.
Good question, but I would presume if the answer was yes they would have said so, both to reduce issues and to get more sales.
Jun 15, 2019, 05:00 PM
ErskyTx Developer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Blandford
I have confirmation from FrSky that you cannot use a S6R/S8R to configure a sensor (e.g. Neuron ESC) over the radio link.
New firmware for the SxR receivers released recently fixes this problem.

Mike
Jun 19, 2019, 02:02 PM
I am planning on using a 80 amp Neuron on my 60 sized motor to take advantage of the telemetry but I noticed that none of the Neurons have any capacitors. Why is it that the other brand esc for fixed wing aircraft seem to have multiple capacitors. Why does FrSky eliminate these? Is this a concern?
Jun 19, 2019, 08:00 PM
https://hmvc.eu/
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark426
I am planning on using a 80 amp Neuron on my 60 sized motor to take advantage of the telemetry but I noticed that none of the Neurons have any capacitors. Why is it that the other brand esc for fixed wing aircraft seem to have multiple capacitors. Why does FrSky eliminate these? Is this a concern?
Is it possible you're just unable to identify the capacitors?
I don't think it's possible to eliminate these.
My guess is that they are using SMD capacitors.
Jun 20, 2019, 03:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark426
I noticed that none of the Neurons have any capacitors
There are two 330uF/35V ( Alchip-MZS? ) Caps

regards
Jun 21, 2019, 01:57 AM
Rick
Quote:
Originally Posted by choochoo22
Since I'm not in a hurry, I just ordered one of those "King Kong" linkers that someone said earlier worked OK. Thanks anyway. I'll probably be back when that doesn't work either.
Well the shipment from Banggood arrived sans linker. Even though they accepted and shipped the order, they discovered they didn't have any.

Back to square one. Does anyone have a suggestion for a linker that is known to work with the Neuron?
Jun 21, 2019, 04:22 AM
.....and that's why I crashed
Quote:

Back to square one. Does anyone have a suggestion for a linker that is known to work with the Neuron?
Flight controller flashed with Betaflight or iNav? I dont have a Neuron ESC, but that is how I flash and configure my BLHeli32 ESC's that are not already connected to a flight controller.
Jun 21, 2019, 07:04 AM
Quote:
Does anyone have a suggestion for a linker that is known to work with the Neuron?
one simple way is to use an Arduino as a linker:

- buy an Arduino nano
- solder a servo cable on Pin3 (signal) & GND !!don't connect VCC!!
- flash Arduino by BLHeli32 (..make interface) to enable communication between App & Neuron via Arduino

https://oscarliang.com/ctt/uploads/2...programmer.jpg
https://oscarliang.com/esc-1-wire-bo...blheli-simonk/
Jun 21, 2019, 07:22 AM
ErskyTx Developer
Or use a FTDI type device with a diode and a resistor as I described in my post #235.

Mike
Jun 22, 2019, 03:11 PM
Rick
Thanks guys
Jun 22, 2019, 07:28 PM
Thanks hisroyaldudeness and strgaltdel for the capacitor info.
Jun 26, 2019, 03:07 PM
Hi Guys, ive just purchased a new Neuron 80 amp ESC to fit into a new model and im having problems getting the telemetery to work.

Im running a Horus X10S on FrOS version 1.2.05 and the only telemetery information im getting is RX Volts.

I normaly use the Frsky 150 amp current sensor which always self detects once the RX is bound so ive coppyed the setting into the new model, bound the RX for 8 channel with telemetery but when i open the throttle i get no Current reading or mha readings.

What am i doing wrong? or do i need to do a firmware update to my Horus for the Neuron telemetery to work.

I normaly use the FrSky 150 amp current sensor and ive coppyed the setting in over to the new Model
Jun 26, 2019, 04:08 PM
Meerkats: Cuter than mere cats
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panic973
Hi Guys, ive just purchased a new Neuron 80 amp ESC to fit into a new model and im having problems getting the telemetery to work...
Warning to readers: cross-post. Some responses have already been posted in the other thread.

Quick Reply