Jan 15, 2019, 01:02 PM
Buy, Mod, Fly, Sell, Repeat
Thread OP
Discussion

JCZK 6CH Smart 450L RC Helicopter RTF Helicopter GPS

Does anyone know anything about these?

I looked into getting one last year, but the price was close to $1K. Now they're available for under $500 and I've scoured YouTube and I've searched this forum and found nothing.

The concept intrigues me. I flew RC helicopters years ago and then switched to quads, but this still piques my interests based on the GPS position hold, RTH, etc...on a large helicopter.

If anyone can provide more information, I would really appreciate it!

Features:
One button RTH

When the helicopter loses its direction, it will automatically return to the take-off point by pressing the RTH to return the aircraft, and automatically closes the throttle after the automatic landing.

Low voltage power failure: Automatic RTH
Accept instruction: Automatic RTH
Communication interruption: Automatic RTH

Hovering
New upgraded intelligent flight control system, truly self-stabilizing flight, one-handed remote control operation, automatic hands free hover, easy to get started

Headless mode
Positioning the front, rear, left and right direction of the position of the controller, regardless of the head and tail orientation when the aircraft is flying, the direction of the controller is determined.

Multiple flight mode switching
Normal mode and smart mode can be switched. You can use the smart mode to get started and then switch to normal mode once in flight.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 15, 2019, 02:15 PM
Grumpy old git.. Who me?
Why dont you tell us? According to your listing from last year you sold one just the same in the classifieds: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...L#post39914475

I small a rat
Jan 15, 2019, 03:13 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetPlaneFlyer
Why dont you tell us? According to your listing from last year you sold one just the same in the classifieds: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...L#post39914475

I small a rat
It was supposed to be a "Wanted" ad, not a "For Sale" ad, detective. As I said, very clearly, I looked into getting one last year.
Jan 15, 2019, 03:58 PM
Grumpy old git.. Who me?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHawk19
It was supposed to be a "Wanted" ad, not a "For Sale" ad, detective. As I said, very clearly, I looked into getting one last year.
Well, it said 'for sale' and was listed in the for sale forum, and was marked as 'sold' and even had a price ($350) It went into some detail.. not been crashed, from no smoking home etc, so sorry your 'wanted' explanation makes no sense. But you deleted it anyway

Anyway, moving swiftly on..........

The heli is a Gartt 450L clone (copy of the Align Trex 450L)
Transmitter is a Radiolink AT9S which is a cheap but decent enough tx
The GPS flight controller is a re-brand/clone copy of the Radiolink Mini PIX F4 which is really intended for drones.

The combined value of the heli, the transmitter and the flight controller is around $350-$400 in kit form. Add to that the value of having it ready built for you. The big problem (and it could be a huge one) is likely to be lack of documentation, technical support and software for the flight controller. They seem to be adding a lot of value due to the GPS flight controller but as you can see from the above link, it is a low cost unit, so i dont know where they get the extra cost from compared to the non-gps version.
Last edited by Smoggie; Jan 15, 2019 at 04:16 PM.
Jan 15, 2019, 07:48 PM
Thread OP
Thanks for the info...I'm guessing it wasn't very popular as I can find no forum discussions and no YouTube videos on it. I just wanted to at least get my toes wet before I jump in the pool!
Jan 16, 2019, 01:09 AM
Grumpy old git.. Who me?
Just looking around and you cen get them for $438 including a battery and charger. At that price it's pretty good value . Now that you know the flight controller is a Mini Pix then there is software and manuals/instructions available: http://www.radiolink.com.cn/doce/pro...etail-133.html

So maybe not a bad buy after all?... Let us know if you do take the plunge.
Jan 25, 2019, 01:47 PM
Lord of the Strings
How about this little beauty..

JCZk 300C Smart Heli 450L 6CH 3D 6-axis-Gyro Flybarless GPS RC Helicopter RTF 2.4GHZ

https://www.amazon.com/Scale-Helicop.../dp/B07D6MJG1R
Jan 27, 2019, 09:08 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigEdge

JCZk 300C Smart Heli 450L 6CH 3D 6-axis-Gyro Flybarless GPS RC Helicopter RTF 2.4GHZ

For $1K+....um no.
Feb 22, 2019, 12:44 PM
Anyone jump in the pool with this one? Looks like a good cheap 3D trainer if the FBL is swapped with BeastX or iKON. I presume all Align 450L parts are compatible.

Also, would that transmitter be Futaba-compatible?
Mar 09, 2019, 08:39 AM

JCZX Helicopter

Guys, you have it all wrong. I have one. It is NOT at all like an Align 450. Much nicer design and all metal mechanics. Beautifully crafted.
It uses a Radiolink MiniPix autopilot preprogeammed and linked to a Radiolink AT9 sophisticated computer 9 channel transmitter.
BUT, it comes with no instructions, no manual, and no response for help from JCZX at all. Radiolink does not help either.
Even, EBay could not get a reply from the selling vendor HobbyWow. I do not even know how to turn it on! RCGroups has helped, thank you.
Any one out there with a manual? How about a manual for helicopter use of the MiniPix autopilot?
Dec 14, 2019, 01:46 PM

G450l fbl

The smart copter is originally a Gartt G450L. The only difference is it has a mini pix Gyro unit. The heli is the same. If you order it know that they have not been shipping with manuals. I was only able to fly after interpreting a Chinese tutorial on youtube. It is a very capable heli but to get the full function out of the current electronics you will need a manual, which still evades me. If anyone knows were to find a manual for the 300C or the 450L it would be great if you posted it on this forum.
Last edited by darkone7; Dec 16, 2019 at 07:56 PM.
Dec 16, 2019, 07:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEROCAR
Guys, you have it all wrong. I have one. It is NOT at all like an Align 450. Much nicer design and all metal mechanics. Beautifully crafted.
It uses a Radiolink MiniPix autopilot preprogeammed and linked to a Radiolink AT9 sophisticated computer 9 channel transmitter.
BUT, it comes with no instructions, no manual, and no response for help from JCZX at all. Radiolink does not help either.
Even, EBay could not get a reply from the selling vendor HobbyWow. I do not even know how to turn it on! RCGroups has helped, thank you.
Any one out there with a manual? How about a manual for helicopter use of the MiniPix autopilot?
Here is what I found out. In order to start up the heli, do the following. First switch all switches to the up or back position. Then switch the far left front switch to the down position. Turn on you transmitter. Plug in your battery. The light to the rear of the mini pix (clone) will flash the go blue. When blue push the red lighted button on the side. Switch the top right front switch to center. Wait for the light in the back to go green. If you are not outside it may not go green. When it goes green, clear the launch area. Stand back and push the throttle down to the right, hold for about 3 seconds. Release, switch the far left front switch to the up position. Hold hold the throttle straight down. The blades will spin up. Push throttle past center to take off as normal. The top left rear switch is the return home switch. Make sure no one is standing in the area it took off from . That is were it is going to land. Note you have no control of the heli when returning to home unless you switch off that function. I still do not know which switch is idle up and which is throttle kill. Hope this helps.
Last edited by darkone7; Dec 16, 2019 at 07:50 PM.
Dec 16, 2019, 07:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigEdge

I found that one on sale for $779 pre-order on Banggood.com It is a lot for what it is. It is well built and comes in a case with a take off stand.
Still to rich for my blood.
Dec 17, 2019, 10:36 AM
As I said in the other thread, this type of heli is bad news for the hobby. RTH is an accident looking for somewhere to happen in the hands of the inexperienced and uninformed.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...wing-fw450-gps
Last edited by Cyclone 7; Dec 17, 2019 at 10:43 AM.
Dec 19, 2019, 04:26 AM
Slideways at warp speed.......
i had the 300C, nice heli, hated the FBL unit, gps wasn't great and the RTH was plain scary. There used to be a base model with a KBAR version, allot better IMO. the chinese are all convinced that easy to fly will sell "lots more"...... Rotor head had a design flaw also with the 3 blade unit, had to write a channel mix to get it flying right, it was out of phase fractionally so it mixed ail and ele functions which made it touchy to fly initially. Wasn't my idea of fun .......

Quick Reply