This thread is privately moderated by scousethief, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jan 15, 2019, 11:47 AM
Quad Erat Demonstrandum
Thread OP
Mini-Review

A quick look at small screwdriver sets. Photo heavy.

Most already know that i do enjoy "tools" that Work ! and by work i mean screwdriver inserts that dont break off or bend when you try to dig out that last stubborn screw or the screwdriver itself doesnt fall apart when you use it on anything other than foam. There are a multitude of different options available from pound/dollar shop sets that are a gamble on quality ( ive had some good sets and bad ) to mid-priced general sets and all the way up to expensive high quality sets that look very nice but are out of my price range ( doesnt stop me looking ).

My go-to set has been the Daniu 25in1 set in the 3rd post below and it suits me perfectly fine ( because its CHEAP, $4.44 atm ) the Daniu set is contained in a simple imitation leather wallet and the supplied bits are enough to take care of the majority of jobs you would use a mini screwdriver for. More importantly the bits are reliable and quite sturdy and havent bent or chipped even with my usual heavy handed abuse. The Daniu bits are held in the wallet in an angled slot which helps prevent the bits from falling out or coming loose in your pocket. I have had the Daniu set for quite a while now and its still in excellent condition with all bits in tact and i honestly have ZERO complaints about this set so i will use it as a benchmark to gauge the quality and reliability of all future sets.

The Christmas period left me a few 's in my wallet and having plenty of toys to play with i decided to buy a couple of sets of tools that we use regularly in the hobby and thought i would compare the quality and value and let others decide for themselves whether they want to invest in something a little more reliable. This wont be an extensive test but i will be concentrating on quality and will be taking careful notice of any chips or twists that may occur when tempting to dig out that last tormenting screw.

The first mid-priced set to look over is the ATuMan X - mini, at the minute it is priced at $15.99 but as you know Banggoods price fluctuates with sales and promotions so its always good to check the price or find a coupon/deal and save an extra few pennies..........................

https://www.banggood.com/ATuMan-X-mini-24-In-1-Multi-purpose-Precision-Screwdriver-Set-Repair-Tool-with-Magnetic-Storage-p-1350686.html

Description:
This screwdriver set comes with a magnetic storage, portable pick and place. High-precision tips in different specifications for different applications. The handle is designed based on human mechanics which makes the operation more efficient and more comfortable.

Specification:
Product name 24 In 1 Precision screwdriver set
Brand ATuMan
Model X-mini
Handle material 6061 Aluminum alloy
Bits material S2 Alloy steel
Type of Bits 4mm
Type of Handle Magnetic handle
Size 177x85x33mm
24PCS Screwdriver Bits
CC2.2
TH0.5
Y0.6
P2/ P5
TR8/ TR10
T1/ T2/ T3/ T4/ T5/ T6
H1.5/ H2.0/ H2.5
SL1.5/ SL2.5/ SL3.5
PH000/ PH00/ PH0/ PH1/ PH2

Package included:
1x Screwdriver rod
24x Bits
1x Magnetic storage wooden box

There is no need to go into excessive detail on every single item so i will try to be brief.......................

The box itself is quite nice ,magnets ensure the two halves simple slip and stick in place, the exterior is sanded smooth although i dont know if it has had a final varnish layer.

All bits are held in place by the inner plastic mount, you can see the magnets which help keep the case closed. There are little pockets for you to place screws etc as you work through a repair, they are not magnetic which i prefer as you are not fighting between the screwdrivers magnet and the case magnet when you want a tiny screw or nut.

The tip of the driver has a magnet which helps keep the bit in place and lugs which prevent any twist as you work away.
[img]https://static.rcgroups.net/forums/attachments/8/4/0/9/2/a11563943-223-DSCN9474.JPG/img]

Each bit is marked with an identifying serial number, here you can see the anti-twist lugs.

A close up of one of the smaller bits in the set.

Size and type
Last edited by scousethief; Jan 16, 2019 at 01:09 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 15, 2019, 11:49 AM
Quad Erat Demonstrandum
Thread OP
https://www.banggood.com/JIMI-30-IN-1-Multi-purpose-Precision-Screwdrivers-Kit-Repair-Tool-DIY-Screw-Driver-Set-w-Tweezers-p-1362123.html

Specifications:

Brand JIMI
Color Dark grey
Shell material ABS+Rubber paint
Handle material Aluminum alloy
Batch head material Taiwan imports S2 alloy steel
Handle size 115 x 10.8mm
Batch head size 45 x 4mm
Tweezers size 122 x 10mm
Pack size 166 x 77 x 26mm

28pcs Bits Type:

- PH2 / PH1 / PH0 / PH00 / PH000
- H1.5 / H2.0 / H3.0
- SL4.0 / SL3.0 / SL2.0 / SL1.5
- T15H / T10H / T8H / T6H / T5H
- T4 / T3 / T2
- Y2.0 / 3.0 / 4.0
- U2.6
- Triangle2.3

Features:

-JIMI precision screwdriver with 28 high precision heads.

-Batch head precise,more powerful protective equipment.

-Strong magnetic interface design, use more flexibly, avoid bearing failure.

-Aluminum blade, the blade surface is more beautiful and exquisite, feel more comfortable.

-Built-in ejection button, patent technology, row of inclined, batch header selection is more intuitive and convenient.

-There are 10 categories, suitable for quartz watch, camera, radio, computer, mobile phone, children's toys, etc.Meet most of daily precision maintenance requirements.

Package included:

1 x JIMI 30 in 1 Screwdriver Kit

Nice box

Box rear, excuse the slight blur but you can see that theres plenty of detail/information etc

In the box is a bag containing the screwdriver set, this bag is cushioned by some foam packing that keeps everything quite safe. There is also an extra pierce that appears to be a hole punch/scribe.

The case containing the screwdrivers is kept withing a handy carrying pouch.

The two seperate cases that house the screwdriver bits. The exterior of the case is rubberised and it feels quite nice. The two halves contain the screwdriver bits, the main driver itself and a pair of tweezers. The square sliding tabs in the centre when slid forward unlock the screwdriver bits lifting them a little to give easier access. There are magnetised areas around the edges which help keep the two pieces together and can be used to hold screws, nuts , etc to help keep them in one place.

The two halves with one of the driver sections in the "UP" position.

And closed. The two halves fit together very nicely.
Last edited by scousethief; Jan 16, 2019 at 12:55 PM.
Jan 15, 2019, 11:52 AM
Quad Erat Demonstrandum
Thread OP
https://www.banggood.com/DANIU-25-in-1-Multi-purpose-Precision-Screwdriver-Wallet-Set-Repair-Tools-p-940063.html

Description :

DANIU 25 in 1 Multi-purpose Precision Screwdriver Wallet Set Repair Tools

Features :

Wallet type packing, highlight grade.Wallet type packing, light and portable, internal type batch head bayonet fixed, not easy to scattered, different from the traditional plastic box, easy to crush, scattered.

High precision screwdriver head, a high-end steel(chrome vanadium steel)by special heat treatment, hardness can reach HRC52-60.
Full set of 24 batch head, complete specifications, can be adapted to work in many different fields.Suitable for most digital products, various types of computer, mobile phone, camera, glasses, watches.

The handle in the aviation alloy material manufacture, light and durable, the tail adopts the precision bearing design, flexible and easy to use.
With a compact and assorted package, easy to carry everywhere.
As professional hardware tools, it provides you the most powerful function.
Suitable for most digital products, various types of computer, mobile phone, camera, glasses, watches.

Specification :

Holster Size(L X W) : 20 X 10.5cm /7.87 x 4.13in(approx)
Five-star screw driver : 0.8 1.2
Torx screw driver : T2 T3 T4 T5 T6 T7 T8 T9 T10 T15
Triangle driver : 2.3
Y screw driver : 2.0
Cross screw driver : 1.0 1.2 1.5 2.0 3.0
Flat screw driver : 1.0 1.5 2.0 3.0
Point screw driver : 0.8

Package includes :

1 x DANIU 25 in 1 Screwdriver Set

This is my benchmark set , i have used these for months and i am more than happy with how they perform. The Daniu set is amazingly good value for money and the included pouch while basic performs its purpose as good as any other.

The Daniu set comes with a basic pouch that houses the driver bits and the driver itself, there is a pocket on the inner were you can easily house a few Allen keys or whatever you prefer.

The driver itself uses a lug to stop the bit twisting when in use and a threaded tip to hold the bit in plasce.

With the bit inserted the lugs are held in place by the slots cut into the driver.

The driver bit locked in place, with the nib in place the bits are going nowhere.

A more detailed look at the bits

And the technical specs
Last edited by scousethief; Jan 16, 2019 at 01:07 PM.

Quick Reply