Oct 02, 2021, 05:20 PM
Mopar Musclecar fanatic
Thread OP

Getting closer....

Finished all the major side stripe painting. I have quite a bit of touch up here and there but overall real happy with the outcome so far. Now a small swirl design on both the front and back face. Will look forward to getting those done so I can shoot some clear on this thing and get it sealed up. Pics below.

Bob
Last edited by xx29l9; Oct 02, 2021 at 06:03 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 07, 2021, 08:06 PM
Mopar Musclecar fanatic
Thread OP

I like pasta

Put some tape down on the rear panel for some small stripes. Kind of looks like someone threw spaghetti up there and let it stick. Blue paint applied, will let it dry and shoot grey fill in one stripe before taking tape off. Hope it turns out.

Bob
Oct 08, 2021, 07:42 PM
Mopar Musclecar fanatic
Thread OP

Going to need some work

Hmmmm, pulled the tape off and the rear stripes look pretty good....from a distance. I knew the stripes were so thin at points this would be difficult. Might look to decant some paint and spray with my small air gun.

Bob
Oct 10, 2021, 05:01 PM
Mopar Musclecar fanatic
Thread OP

I just had to do it

I was thinking I could be patient and wait till the paint is all done before sitting the body in the chassis. I couldn't take it any more and just had to see what it looks like. Looks really sharp. Now to keep working on the touch up spots. Can't wait to start adding exterior lights, will really make it pop. Pics below.

Bob
Oct 21, 2021, 04:35 PM
Sea Dragon-Lover
Well, I guess if you've gotten it this far, does it tow a boat?

Oct 21, 2021, 05:22 PM
Mopar Musclecar fanatic
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umi_Ryuzuki
Well, I guess if you've gotten it this far, does it tow a boat?

That's what it's being built for....to tow one particular boat! Oh, after I build a trailer for it. Always something.

Bob
Oct 27, 2021, 09:46 PM
Mopar Musclecar fanatic
Thread OP

Timeout from paint

Needed a break from paint. Decided to build some more of the inside details. Built the base for the bathroom vanity and some cupboards. Still more details to go like all the drawer doors and whatnot. But a good start. Pics below.

Bob
Last edited by xx29l9; Oct 28, 2021 at 09:55 AM.
Oct 31, 2021, 10:33 PM
Mopar Musclecar fanatic
Thread OP

Cabinet building spree

Coninued to build more of the interior cabinet bases. One of these days I'll have to build all the cabinet doors and hardware. This makes for a good start. Pics below.

Bob
Nov 10, 2021, 11:47 AM
Mopar Musclecar fanatic
Thread OP

No sewing machine needed yet....

Cabinet building continues. Now focused on large cabinet above the driver/passenger seat area. Besides wood, this cabinet has large parts covered in a vinyl material. Wife took me to the fabric store and helped me find the closest match. Also found some material for the carpet. This large cabinet also holds the flat screen TV....hmmm, might have to come up with something interesting for the model there. Pic below.

Bob
Nov 10, 2021, 10:19 PM
Mopar Musclecar fanatic
Thread OP

Sometimes it feels 2 hands aren't enough

Finished the vinyl work on the 3rd large cabinet piece and decided to glue the first 2 parts together. Trying to hold e everything at the right level and straight and tight so there are no gaps can be challenging with 2 hands. I think I got it. Had to sand away some of the solid front roof piece for the cabinet to fit. Plenty of room and material to work with. Pics below.

Bob
Nov 16, 2021, 07:50 PM
Mopar Musclecar fanatic
Thread OP

And still more cabinets

Haven't forgotten about finishing the exterior paint, but the weather is not going to cooperate for awhile so I'll keep building cabinets. I think I bave most of them done except for tbe cabinet doors. Shot clear on most of the parts today. Wood and stain look good with a light clear on them to bring out some color and grain. Pic below.

Bob
Nov 19, 2021, 10:13 PM
Mopar Musclecar fanatic
Thread OP

Should've done it right the first time

Wasn't real happy with my first try at the carpet...too short here and there and edges not lining up. Broke out the trace paper and made a proper template that I then taped to the material and cut out. What a difference, need to remeber to do that the first time next time. Pics below.

Bob
Nov 21, 2021, 07:01 PM
Mopar Musclecar fanatic
Thread OP

Gotta have bedroom carpet.

Made a carpet template first thing this time. Cut out the carpet and just a little extra trimming on some edges and it's ready for when I can finally glue it in. Pic below.

Bob
Nov 24, 2021, 03:29 PM
GET BACK IN THE SHOP!!!!!!
Great project. Cant wait to see the finished model pulling the boat.

DH
Nov 24, 2021, 11:53 PM
Mopar Musclecar fanatic
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptDH
Great project. Cant wait to see the finished model pulling the boat.

DH
Me too! Going to be big when all hooked up....just under 6 feet. Pic below.

Bob

Quick Reply