This thread is privately moderated by BMatthews, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Mar 27, 2019, 08:34 PM
Bruce, the Eaglet is finished.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 28, 2019, 10:33 PM
B for Bruce
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by remitt
Bruce, the Eaglet is finished.
Noted in the BL. Congrats!
Apr 26, 2019, 08:27 PM
It must have a machinegun
My Phantom is finished and flown.
Apr 29, 2019, 12:27 PM
B for Bruce
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scaledown
My Phantom is finished and flown.
Noted in the BL. Congrats!
Apr 30, 2019, 05:44 PM
Hi Bruce !

The Junior Satan is also finished and flown - just needs more tinkering now

Sebastian
May 07, 2019, 11:26 AM
Bruce , the Eaglet has flown and very nicely I might add.
May 07, 2019, 01:27 PM
photos or movies .

Please !!!

Guy
May 08, 2019, 08:57 PM
Uram, I'll try but I'm usually alone when I fly and the little on the go camera I have has such a wide angle lens on it that it makes everything look so tiny. If I have to film and fly at the same time something is gonna get broken. Maybe my 6 year old grandson can take a few shots.
May 09, 2019, 01:40 PM
Dnt'worry Remitt,
it was just a suggestion .
I like to see the models of the other guys on Rc news forum . The posts or plans are not so atractive for me.
I like much an old timer in the sky at sun set!
that is a beauty ;

regards
GUY
May 28, 2019, 07:18 PM
Hi Bruce !

I am starting a quick& Dirty Q-Tee build. Is it Vintage enough to join the SFV ?

Best regards,
Sebastian
May 31, 2019, 04:22 AM
'Douglas' to his friends.
Good morning, Bruce...

I'd like to declare 'Finished, yet to fly' for my Kirby Motor Tutor Build (found here...). Still a couple of details left, but she's 'flyable', and the sun was out for photos, so ...

Thanks for managing this Challenge. For the next one, please make '3-piece Chuck Gliders' an option. Pretty please..?
May 31, 2019, 11:06 AM
B for Bruce
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinglog
Hi Bruce !

I am starting a quick& Dirty Q-Tee build. Is it Vintage enough to join the SFV ?

Best regards,
Sebastian
Outerzone tells me it's from 1976. So it misses the magic 50 year or older age requirement by 5 years I'm afraid. But hey, nothing says you MUST build a model that fits in the contest rules.

If you're looking for a very easy to build model of that size and that would fit how about this DON DEWEY WOLFMEISTER ? I built one as a teen for my Galloping Ghost radio at the time and the model was crazy easy to build and tried to fly well for me. But I had range issues with my receiver that would not be corrected until the NEXT model. But the Wolfmeister did it's best for the short time I had it. And with a published date of 1966 fits neatly within the 50 year age rule.

The wing looks like it has a lot of bits. But it builds up over all the parts and comes up off the build board needing only leading and trailing edge shaping. I was amazed at how fast it went together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad3353
Good morning, Bruce...

I'd like to declare 'Finished, yet to fly' for my Kirby Motor Tutor Build (found here...). Still a couple of details left, but she's 'flyable', and the sun was out for photos, so ...

Thanks for managing this Challenge. For the next one, please make '3-piece Chuck Gliders' an option. Pretty please..?
So marked.

And hey, kkiyer did that all sheet flying wing last time. Nothing holding you back!

And I did try a couple of mini builds for small simple stuff to see if the idea would "fly". But from the low participation and relatively small amount of responses I felt like it failed to really take off.
May 31, 2019, 11:30 AM
'Douglas' to his friends.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMatthews
... it failed to really take off.
Sounds familiar.
Jun 01, 2019, 08:34 AM
Culper Junior
Nice model, Dad!
Jun 03, 2019, 07:13 AM
Hi Bruce !

Thanks for the Info on the Q-Tee.
I will build it, i just dont join the Buildoff. - already started the wing.
This wil be a relaxed flyer for sunny days.

Best regards,
Sebastian

Quick Reply