This thread is privately moderated by VicT, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jan 14, 2019, 01:41 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Modified Maule Floats for increased buoyancy

Thanks to Lonny I have extra floats for my second modification. My land floats work great with stearable front wheels and fixed aft main wheels but I want a set for water ops. The full scale Maule has longer floats in the front and some of our models (mine is heavy and has an aft CG) need more buoyancy aft of the step. So Im experimenting with a plug to extend the stock floats. Here is a 3.25 inch plug extenstion. The step will be in the same location but there will be more floatation buoyancy forward and aft of the step. The plug extension will be from Home Depot and its a magenta/light purple shade. It can be wrapped with white trim Monocote and 3 M 20X packing tape for strength and surface protection. The strut mounting plates will be relocated to the original positions for land/water swap out.

Ill be posting this in the float flyers section for input as well as the wheeled forum.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply