Maarten
Thread OP
Contest

RISC Red Rooster F5J Contest, June 1 – June 2 - Rhode Island

Name: RISC Logo perfect.jpg
Views: 4
Size: 675.7 KB
Description:
RISC Red Rooster F5J Contest June 1 – June 2.

The Rhode Island Soaring Club will host the second annual Red Rooster F5J contest on the weekend of June 1 – June 2.
This is a two-day contest and is part of the USA F5J Tour as well as the ESL electric contest series.

The contest will also be a fundraiser event for the USA F5J team.

Rules:
RISC Red RoosterF5J is an ESL and USA F5J Tour event. The rules will be like the FAI F5J rules except motor restart is allowed but will result in a zero-score flight.
There will be no fly offs.
Models must be equipped with an approved F5J Altimeter. PDF with a list of approved altimeters.
For more information regarding F5J visit http://www.f5j-usa.com.

This is a two days event. Participants can choose to fly for a single day, but final results are based on two days of flying.
Registration for two days is $40.00. Free for Novice pilots and pilots under 16.
The field will be available for practice and/or LSF tasks on Friday.
To register visit: http://www.flyesl.org/Contest.aspx?contestid=301

Awards:
Prizes are awarded for the top three pilots based on the results of two days of flying.
For each day of flying a special prize will be awarded for the pilot who has the lowest launched highest scoring flight.

Flying Conditions:
The contest will be held at the Rhode Island Soaring club. The club fields are beautifully manicured turf farms with wide open space without any flight restrictions. The RISC fields are considered the best soaring location in New England. You will not regret making the trip.
On Friday the field will be open for practice and LSF tasks.

*Beware the field is an active sod farm and participants are expected to be respectful of the crops, farming activities, and neighbors.

The airfield we plan to use is located of Dug-Way Bridge road in West-Kingston, RI. Map of the field.
GPS coordinated: 41°30'14.4"N 71°35'45.0"W
Depending on conditions, one of the other RISC available sod farms may be used (just a few minutes away). Registrants will be notified by email in the event of a site change.
Food and lodging:
Drinks and water will be available at the field. Participants will have to bring their own lunch.
Plenty of Hotels/lodging are available in the area closer to Providence.
No onsite camping is available.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 14, 2019, 10:30 AM
Oleg Golovidov
Maarten!
I hope to be able to come.

I wish we were a little closer... 11 hrs of driving (without traffic delays)
Jan 14, 2019, 11:16 AM
I wish it were only 11 hours for me.

Lenny
Jan 14, 2019, 11:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by olgol
Maarten!
I hope to be able to come.

I wish we were a little closer... 11 hrs of driving (without traffic delays)
It took me 13 hours (with delays) and $60 in tolls last time. It may be an hour longer, according to Google Maps, by going up the Delmarva peninsula, but all of the DC and Baltimore delays will be avoided.

Unfortunately, early June instead of late June may prevent me from attending.

Dick
Jan 14, 2019, 12:08 PM
Team Hello Kitty
11 hours? 13 hours? How about 44 hours for me according to Google Maps A bit of a drive from NorCal.
Jan 14, 2019, 03:43 PM
InJamNoOneCanHearYouScrea m
Mail your kit to Maarten and fly into Providence. Someone will come get you.
Jan 15, 2019, 07:23 PM
Maarten
Thread OP
Would be great to have you all, Oleg, Lenny and Dick at our contest.
Yes USA is a big country.
As Wally said ship your plane to me and fly in.
Darwin did this last year.
Maarten
Jan 16, 2019, 12:03 AM
Team Hello Kitty
Would love to go Maarten, thanks. Even if I cannot make it I'll still join you vicariously thru realtime GliderScore scores BTW I need to get you the latest firmware for your GS display that now supports display of round and group #'s. Email coming.

Chris

Quick Reply