H-King 1/8 HKM-390 On-Road Racing Motorcycle V2

H-King has a new version of the HKM390 brushless on-road 8th scale motorcycle. These things always fascinate me...

Splash

HobbyKing Updates the HKM-390

H-King has a new version of the HKM390 brushless on-road 8th scale motorcycle. These things always fascinate me as you think it would be hard to balance and drive an RC motorbike, but it seems to work great in the video. It has a mechanical gyro to keep it stable and it has a suspension system for better handling. The motor is a 2435 5160kv size brushless for great power and it's connected to the rear wheel with a dual belt drive system.

The frame is made from carbon fiber and the body panels use clips for easy removal during maintenance. This is a RTR bike and it includes a 2.4Ghz pistol grip style radio. The only thing you need to provide is 4AA batteries for the radio and a 2S 1300mAH lipo for the bike. The HKM-390 sells for $249.99.

Check out the H-King 1/8 HKM-390 On-Road Racing Motorcycle V2 Here

Features:

• Innovative design of the front wheel inverted shock absorbers and rear wheel pendulum arm suspension for the most reliable grip
  • Dual steering linkages have relatively better flexibility in steering
  • Dual belt drive for better low-speed performance
  • Built-in a mechanical gyro in the rear wheel, providing a more stable driving experience
  • New design is lightweight and easy maintenance
  • One-piece rear swing with the motor, providing highly sensitive control

Specs:

• Length: 289mm
  • Wheelbase: 204mm
  • Width: 72mm
  • Height: 140mm
  • Wheelbase: 204mm
  • Full weight: 735g
  • ESC: WP-S16-RTR
  • Motor: 2435 5160KV Brushless
  • Battery Bay: 70x18x38mm

Jan 15, 2019, 08:53 PM
Dayton,NV
Very cool.Just ordered one with a sweet combo deal lipo and bike.Can't wait to buzz this sucker up and down the runway when I'm not flying.
Jan 16, 2019, 03:58 AM
It's funny you should say that...

Put it on 3s and gear up a bit. It should crack 45mph before the tyres lift off the rims.
Jan 20, 2019, 05:17 PM
Quad Erat Demonstrandum
RC Superbikes are pretty cool, ive fixed/upgraded a few and tested a few and there is a niggle in the back of my head to buy one for myself.

The wife however says NO ! So . , might be time to part-ex the wife lol
Last edited by scousethief; Jan 21, 2019 at 01:03 PM.
Jan 21, 2019, 01:46 PM
Who's going to review this?
Jan 21, 2019, 06:02 PM
Lori, hey, you're home early
Cool. I wonder if in a future generation of this they can put the rider's knee out instead of a nerf bar?
Jan 21, 2019, 08:47 PM
"Bible Thumper"
These are really neat, I wish they would do a larger scale. I have been watching FPV videos on these and the kyosho bikes. I've been doing some FPV cars lately, a bike is definitely on the agenda.
Jan 23, 2019, 02:37 PM
For the v2, If i buy an identical spare lipo from hobbyking, will the spare battery come with the connector needed for the stock esc?

What spare parts may I need?
Jan 24, 2019, 01:10 PM
they do make a larger bike, Scorpio by X-Rider

https://www.rc-motorradshop.de/produ...rider_scorpio/
Jan 24, 2019, 01:13 PM
I have the V1 and nothing has broken yet .
The fairing is looking a bit taty , maybe get a spare fairing.
Jan 24, 2019, 01:41 PM
Quad Erat Demonstrandum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev71H

Arrived today , if there is anything i can highlight please let me know . Personally i am truly amazed at the model as a whole , things have most definitely jumped up a gear in terms of part quality and overall build compared to the ones i maintained at the club, its going to be fun thrashing this around

More info
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...2#post41009147
Last edited by scousethief; Jan 25, 2019 at 03:36 PM.
Jan 26, 2019, 05:31 PM
But Honey, It was on sale
Hi guys, Just got one of these delivered today, Here is my input on assembly... Very nice chassis, looks bulletproof. The rider body: You have to glue the helmet together (I used Testers model glue), And the visor is supposed to be screwed on with these tiny screws, But no holes in the visor to locate the screws, So I just glued the visor on with Foam- Tac. Then you have to mount the helmet to the body with with machine screws and make your own threads as you go. (these should have been self tapping screws.) I just ground mine to a taper at the end to get them to start. I also added a bit of Foam- Tac to the base of the helmet before screwing it on the body. I might add here the manual Does Not really show how to do this, So be aware of this. The manual is Really Lame for assembly process. Pre-Mounting the rider to the chassis showed a problem with the riders legs below the knees interfering with the Anti-roll bars, So I cut out some relief points at those areas. The rider also had a problem with his right leg resting up against the pulley hub, So a bit of heat gun and tweaking outboard took care of that.(Or just cut out from the back of his boot as what is rubbing). OR, Maybe your bike will not have these problems, On to the decals: IMPORTANT NOTE: The rider and front fairing has a thin plastic covering on them, Remove it and discard that film. The manual does not show you where all the decals go, So you have to look at the box, or manual cover to figure it out. The decals are a really nice vinyl, So This is my method of fool proof vinyl decal install, It has Never failed: After removing the film cover off and ready to install decals, Use two to three drops of dish washing soap to a cup or small bowl of warm water and stir. dip a paper towel in the soap mix, wipe down the area to apply the decal, Remove the decal from the sheet with a thin razor knife, lifting from the corner, let it stick to the razor, apply to the area you desire, The soap will give you a slight movement and won't stick just yet, giving you time to place the decal to a desired spot, and work out any air bubbles on uneven surfaces. After the fact, the decals will be just fine .I use this same method on all vinyl graphics on all my models, including aircraft. This bike looks Very good so far, But , I have a lot of snow here right now, and can't run this to try it out. On another note, On the Box it states using a 2s 1850 25c battery, But HK special deal sends you a 1300 battery, And the videos that show this, all are using a 1300 battery. Also, I noticed where the battery does go, I would put some velcro up inside the chassis, and on the battery to help hold it in place, Even then ,It seems like there is not enough room to tuck in the wires from the battery in that small area. As soon as I can run this on the street or parking lot when the snow leaves, I will let you all know what I think about this bike, Thanks, Take care, Have fun.
Jan 26, 2019, 05:49 PM
But Honey, It was on sale
Oh , I forgot here, For those who just receive this model, Page 3 in the manual: Step 3. Connect the battery to the ESC. DO NOT DO THIS!, There is No reason to do this at this point, You need to assemble the model first. This may cause a dangerous condition!
Jan 26, 2019, 06:06 PM
PROFESSOR TRUTH JIMMY ICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev71H

Nice try Kev... lol
Jan 27, 2019, 06:31 AM
MY '75 CZ "FALTA REPLICA" 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akura2
Nice try Kev... lol
Kinda did here (original brushed 390):

Yup I still love the bikes and have a couple HK390's. Really nice little bikes with very good quality in most areas. Tires are pretty good out of the box, durability is very good. Found a couple places needing some attention like the steering servo arm to steering links that were mounted with tiny little screws that there's no way not going to pull out in a crash. Fixed with longer screws with a nut on the bottom of the servo arms. Also really nice front brake kit, EXCEPT for the fact that the servo's normal rotation pushes the brake cable instead of pulling it! lol (you can flip the servo to the opposite side of the bike but the cable provided is too short to reach now. Two solutions available, get a servo reversing harness (Hobby king has one) or take the servo apart and reverse the motor and potentiometer wires (look on the web for help). Some servos won't be easy to mod, some are. The front brake transform the bike's handling and speed into the corners (Just like any other race vehicle, as you know!) Well worth the trouble of sorting this issue out! Next, little thing is the belt driven primary. Love it/hate it situation.....super quiet, strong and reliable......no ratio choices. Choose your brushless motors carefully, I guess!

Quick Reply