Jan 13, 2019, 05:13 PM
KM6UBL
Thread OP
Discussion

2019 So. Cal Classic Event Schedule-Remainder Cancelled

Howdy all,

Happy 2019!!! Time for this years event schedule.

Best regards,
Robert

Saturday, Febuary 9th,
Leon Robison Field, Arvin, CA.
Seminar/Trimming/Judge Certification Day (Sat). AMA/F3A contest (Sunday) Arvin
CD Tony Frackowiak

Saturday, Feb. 16th
Antelope Valley Tailwinds Winter Classic Contest.
AVTI Airfield, Lancaster, CA.
CD Tony Frackowiak

Saturday, April 13/Sunday April 14
Bear Mountain Flyers Pattern Showdown
CD Tony Frackowiak
Note: This is a combined AMA/Classic contest. Two rounds of Classic will be flown on Saturday and Sunday morning.

Saturday, April 27th
Perris Classic Pattern Contest
Perris Field, Riverside, CA. (Riverside Radio Control Club)
CD-Robert Fish

June 1 & 2 2018
2018 Oakdale Pattern Challenge-CANCELLED
Oakdale, Ca.
CD- Dale Olstinske
Note: This is a combined AMA/Classic contest.

Saturday, June 1th
Classic Pattern Get-Together
Perris Field, Riverside, CA. (Riverside Radio Control Club)
CD Robert Fish
Note: Combined Classic Vintage (VRCS) event like last year.

Saturday, July 27th
OCMA Classic Pattern Challenge
Bob Swenson Field, Orange County, Ca.
CD Robert Fish

Saturday, September 14th
Antelope Valley Tailwinds Fall Classic Contest.
CD Tony Frackowiak
(Note: Sunday, September 15th is AMA pattern, stick around if you also enjoy AMA pattern)

Saturday, Oct. 5th
Pomona Valley Model Airplane Club Classic Contest CANCELLED
Prado Field, Chino, California
CD Cal Orr/Robert Fish

Saturday, October 26th CANCELLED
West Coast Regional Championship Contest
Antelope Valley Tailwinds Fall Classic Contest.
CD Tony Frackowiak

Saturday, November 9th CANCELLED
AVTI VRCS Fly In
CD Tony Frackowiak
Last edited by Vertigo II; Sep 17, 2019 at 03:24 PM. Reason: Prado contest cancelled
to remove ads between posts
Jan 13, 2019, 10:13 PM
So much action on the west coast. Awesome.
Jan 20, 2019, 07:56 PM
KM6UBL
Thread OP

Update!!!

Howdy All,

I have updated the schedule with a couple of tweaks and additions.

Saturday, Febuary 9th,
Seminar/Trimming/Judge Certification Day (Sat). AMA/F3A contest (Sunday) Arvin
CD Tony Frackowiak

This seminar is a valuable opportunity to come out and get some coaching, trimming and judging training. It is aimed at the AMA/F3A crowd, but it is all applicable to our classic pattern flying. Pattern is Pattern!

Did you know that there is actual judging criteria for judging pattern maneuvers? It is not very difficult to learn and consistent judging will make our events more fair and add value to our activity. I urge all of you So Cal. classic fliers to come out and take advantage of this opportunity to learn from folks that are the "real deal". What better way to kick off the new season which starts on the following Saturday at Lancaster?

Best regards,
Robert
Feb 02, 2019, 05:15 PM
The 6 P principle works for me
Looking forward to next weekend as I will be there even if the SF5 is not yet finished. I got some new batteries for the Osiris and looking to try AMA pattern on Sunday as well as Classic trimming on Saturday! Looking forward to seeing old friends and new faces!

Michael
Last edited by elecfryer; Feb 08, 2019 at 01:13 AM.
Feb 09, 2019, 09:22 PM

Arvin Saturday

A big Thank You to Tony, Robert and Peter for all their help today. We learned a lot about trimming, judging and got to watch some great flying! It turned out to be a very nice day and we are crossing our fingers for nice weather tomorrow.

Michael
Feb 09, 2019, 11:26 PM
KM6UBL
Thread OP
Michael,
I enjoyed flying with you and every one else today. Thanks for letting me fly your jet!

Peter Vogel came down from Nor Cal to give the judging seminar, and to score the contest tomorrow. Peter is the creator of the wireless scoring system and write the pattern column in Model Aviation. Thank you for your dedication.

Jet pattern is a fairly new thing, and we are going to start offering it at local events. The target audience is EDF jets, not the 10K hi end stuff. We want to keep it "blue collar" much like we do classic pattern. The FAI has a jet class (F3S), but we found their pattern lacking. Tony F. wrote a nice meat and potatoes pattern that is much like a classic pattern. It is a cheap buy in for a lot of fun, and we hope it will help bolster flagging attendance.

Stay tuned for next week's Season opener at Lancaster. The forecast looks pretty bad, so we are hoping for a turn around in the forecast.

Robert
Feb 12, 2019, 02:34 PM
Hi Robert and I am glad you enjoyed flying the Jet. The upcoming jet pattern looks like it will be a lot of fun!

I also want to thank you for letting my fly your AMA Pattern plane, that plane is just SMOOOTH! I can see where I need to tweak mine a bit!

Looking forward to this weekend if the weather holds up!

Michael
Feb 13, 2019, 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elecfryer
Hi Robert and I am glad you enjoyed flying the Jet. The upcoming jet pattern looks like it will be a lot of fun!
Michael
Is Tony planning to post his EDF jet pattern? Sounds like a great idea especially if it is based off a classic pattern routine.
Feb 13, 2019, 02:01 PM
KM6UBL
Thread OP
Here it is. Please note that it is turnaround style, to get the maneuvers done in the target 3 minute window. Still meat and potatoes pattern, no silly FAI maneuvers. Takeoff to the double immelman right about then the timer goes off at a comfortable pace.

Robert
Feb 13, 2019, 02:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertigo II
Here it is. Please note that it is turnaround style, to get the maneuvers done in the target 3 minute window. Still meat and potatoes pattern, no silly FAI maneuvers. Takeoff to the double immelman right about then the timer goes off at a comfortable pace.

Robert
Thanks for posting! Looks like a very nice routine that should fit in the 3 to 4 minute time window.
Feb 13, 2019, 08:20 PM
The weather forecast for this weekend just keeps getting worse, so I'm sorry to say I am cancelling the Winter Classic Pattern contest that was going to be held at AVTI in Lancaster this coming weekend. Right now I have no plans to reschedule it.

Sorry everyone!
Apr 22, 2019, 12:30 PM
KM6UBL
Thread OP

Update

Hi All,

Correction- The Antelope Valley Tailwinds Fall Classic contest date has been corrected. It was previously listed as September 22nd, and the correct date (September 14th) is now listed.

Best regards,
Robert Fish
May 22, 2019, 10:23 PM
KM6UBL
Thread OP

Update 5/22/19

Howdy All,

1. The Oakdale Pattern Challenge is cancelled. CD Dale Olstinske says that they will be back next year.

2. 2019 Classic Pattern Get Together is coming up soon!

Best regards,
Robert Fish
Jun 11, 2019, 10:07 AM

2019 Get Together photos?

Vertigo II,
Where's the photos from your 2019 Get Together?
Thanks
Boyington @ Skunk Works
Jun 11, 2019, 02:56 PM
KM6UBL
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1scalebldr
Vertigo II,
Where's the photos from your 2019 Get Together?
Thanks
Boyington @ Skunk Works
Here:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...n-Get-Together

Robert

Quick Reply