Jan 13, 2019, 03:46 AM
Mr Birdie ~ Flight Expert
Thread OP
Discussion

Crashed the TT30 Noooooo

Well was flying the old Raptor 30 today and Im pretty sure I had a linkage fail and she went in, I was at least three mistakes high and easily coulda recovered it but it wouldn't respond.

Wasn't a terrible one but she's done the usual, blades/ boom/ feathering and flybar, a few linkages etc.

Checked out a supplier in Oz who's still stocking parts and i'm looking at roughly $150 in parts to rebuild.

I am going to sit on it for a while, might pull it down and wait for a bit of spare cash, I do have a brand new TT39 engine with muffler and clutch with starter shaft I could sell to pay for the repair, but I really wanted to try that 39 in it!.

Shame I was practising for an open display weekend and its been flying superb all month.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 13, 2019, 04:42 AM
Closed Account
Oh, my…. I feel for you….
Jan 15, 2019, 07:26 PM
Suspended Account
Don’t sweat it. You’ll be back in the air in no time.
Jan 16, 2019, 06:51 AM
Thread OP
Yeah thanks guys.
Im gonna sit on it a bit then rebuild.
Jan 08, 2020, 02:28 AM
Thread OP
Hey Everyone!,
Update here, after assesing the TT30 I decided to scrap it for parts and now all the linkages are on my sons fpv plane !, haha.
Anyway, look at this one!, I was in a fellow fljers garage when I accidentally stumbled forward and when I put out my hand to save myself a couple of notes came out and Boom. I'm now the owner of 3 flight old JR Ergo 60. .
Well what to do. Engine needs bearings and seal but is good.
Im gonna sort the engine (OS61 ringed), and then I need some reasonably priced servos for this, so any recommendations there be good. I will only be sport flying nothing harsh etc.
I have a 36mhz radio spare.

Gotta keep flying these things theyre spectacular.

Matty.
Jan 08, 2020, 02:31 AM
Thread OP
I love turning up at the club with stuff like this. They like are you actually gonna fly that!,
Yup. Like I stole it. Stay 8m behind me and no talking
Jan 08, 2020, 04:39 AM
Still gassin' it.
COOL! Really neat find!

Looking forward to the vid....
Jan 19, 2020, 08:04 AM
Thread OP
Well, pulled the engine and it was heavily gummed up and bearings rusty as expected. Good friend of mine freed and saved the ring, and I have so far replaced the crank bearings. So its looking good for the engine.
I hunted high and low for the gy401 gyro that was on the TT30 but to no avail I can only think it was damaged and got chucked, but I have the good Align tail servo. So really all I need is some Hitorque servos and another gyro. Oh and the radio tray is missing, may have to make one.
But overall looking good for getting it in the air.
Jan 21, 2020, 09:55 PM
Thread OP
Whats wrong here, this muffler came off this 61 motor.
The opening in the muffler is less than half the area of the motors exhaust port!!!!.
Help.
Jan 22, 2020, 12:01 AM
Still gassin' it.
Usually not a big issue, as long as the opening of the muffler is approximately the size of the port in the liner.
Happens a lot that the opening in the exhaust stack is overly wide.

Don't worry about it, it has flown before and it will fly again.
Jan 22, 2020, 01:14 AM
Thread OP
I matched it up with a dremel. So theres no step and chucked it on
Feb 04, 2020, 03:10 AM
Thread OP
Picked up two Hitorque servos and a GY611 tail gyro cheap today!,

I have all I need to get this bird up in the air and polluting the environment.

Quick Reply