Jan 13, 2019, 02:33 AM
Detail Freak
Thread OP
Question

Where to buy 2 piece Carbon landing gear for profiles?

I was wondering where you guys might by small to mid sized carbon fiber 2 pc landing gear legs to bolt on to profile fuselages?
I want these for control line models, 10oz (1/2A sized) up to about 70oz (.40-.60 sized).

Thanks in advance. Links to sites would be great if possible.

Regards,
Target
to remove ads between posts
Jan 13, 2019, 02:09 PM
Detail Freak
Thread OP
Anyone?

I have done about 30 minutes of online searches, here on RCG and on the web, and I could not find much.

Any help appreciated.
Jan 14, 2019, 09:02 AM
I did a quick search as well. RC 3D profile foamies tend to:
- have no l.g., or
- attach to a cross-piece of foam (1 piece CF strut)
- use wire or carbon rod

I remember some brands that did 2 piece CF bolted to the side of the profile foam, but they all seem to use wire now. There is a brand of balsa plane that uses 2 piece, but they bolt up to a horizontal attachment.

T.P.
Jan 14, 2019, 11:55 AM
Detail Freak
Thread OP
Thanks for that.
I found that the HK sizes they have are usable for .25 to .35 sized C/L planes (40-50oz) and .46-.60 sized (60-80oz).
Also, eliminator props has similar sized and 1/2A proto sized bolt through profile gear.
The only thing missing for me is the range of .15 sized.
I'll post links if anyone is interested.
Jan 15, 2019, 02:47 PM
100% electric since 1990
You can always take a 1-piece landing gear, and cut it in half. I've done that for replacement landing gear in the past, when the width of the landing gear doesn't match the original. You can find cheap 1-piece carbon LG on ebay.
Jan 15, 2019, 04:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by target
Anyone?

I have done about 30 minutes of online searches, here on RCG and on the web, and I could not find much.

Any help appreciated.
Did you check with TNT?

https://www.tntlandinggear.com/
Jan 15, 2019, 05:33 PM
Detail Freak
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by twest
You can always take a 1-piece landing gear, and cut it in half. I've done that for replacement landing gear in the past, when the width of the landing gear doesn't match the original. You can find cheap 1-piece carbon LG on ebay.
The issue with that is the angle is off for through bolting these gear to the vertical side of the profile fuselage.
Jan 15, 2019, 05:34 PM
Detail Freak
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeb
Did you check with TNT?

https://www.tntlandinggear.com/
No but i will, thanks zeeb.
Jan 15, 2019, 05:40 PM
Detail Freak
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by target
No but i will, thanks zeeb.
They are all too large.
Jan 15, 2019, 07:26 PM
Old's Cool
10oz to 70oz is a huge range, but I would suggest you look at the replacement parts for various Twisted Hobbys airframes. Not all of them have CF LG, but those that do might be what you are looking for.
Jan 15, 2019, 08:16 PM
Detail Freak
Thread OP
Ok thanks I'll look.
To clarify, i want to find 3-4 different sizes to cover that range of model weights, not one size to fit all.
I will be building and flying .061 (I'll call that 1/2A, although it's slightly bigger than), some .15, some .35-.46 sized, and possibly some .60 sized control line planes, although the chance of me building a profile .60 is fairly slim. The others though are a given.
Jan 16, 2019, 08:58 AM
Canucklehead
The PA Addiction has a 2 pc CF landing gear
Latest blog entry: Little bout me
Jan 17, 2019, 12:52 AM
Detail Freak
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banditpowdercoat
The PA Addiction has a 2 pc CF landing gear
Thanks, the bend is the wrong angle at the fuse, they are made to mount to the bottom of the fuse, not the sides as I am looking for. They would have likely worked if not for that.
Jan 17, 2019, 12:54 AM
Detail Freak
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnooly
10oz to 70oz is a huge range, but I would suggest you look at the replacement parts for various Twisted Hobbys airframes. Not all of them have CF LG, but those that do might be what you are looking for.

THESE might work!! Thanks-

https://twistedhobbys.com/landing-ge...factory-parts/
Jan 17, 2019, 07:54 AM
I'm pretty sure RC Factory branded planes have gear mounted to a plate on the horizontal foam piece. But worth investigating! Maybe some pics in the RCG thread for those planes?
T.P.

Quick Reply